Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

"... while I could go on for hours about the logical fallacies of a binary system where others are designated as friend or foe, I think I'll just shut my trap and get to the point before your point cuts me open." Zurin was sweating now, but not from the heat; he expected one bloodthirsty warrior to approach him, not six humans that he couldn't bear to kill. "My name is Zurin, and to be blunt with you I'm probably the only demon that doesn't kill or enslave other people. I actually like humans, gorons, and all the other children of the goddesses. It might be hard to believe, but I'd be willing to help you and I certainly don't want to hurt you."

Maybe it was just his imagination, but Zurin thought he saw the company of adventurers growing impatient with his rambling so he decided to wrap it up. "As a sign of goodwill, I will aid you in whatever way you want. I can't make miracles like some sort of walking Triforce, but I can tell you whatever you want to know and even transport you quickly to wherever you want. I'll even fight by your side if you want me to!"

Posted

"Group deliberation!" Pipit yells while gesturing us over. "Should we trust him?"

"I don't trust him for one bit," I admit. "He looks like that other guy that wants Zelda and that wants to kill Link! And he said it, he's a freaking demon!"

"I don't know what to think," Fledge sighs. "He looks kind of creepy... And Bryarly is kind of right."

"He could come in handy though..." Karane sighs. "But then again..."

Posted

"Come in handy?!" Callia exclaims "HOW!? Brylarly is right, he's a self confessed DEMON! What if he tries to kill us?"

"If he wanted us dead, he'd have done it by now," Leala sighs.

Karane nods "Yeah, I'm with Leala. There's no reason why we shouldn't trust him."

I sigh "Fine, say we let him come along with us. How exactly are we going to explain to Kina that there's a Demon sleeping in her restaurant?"

"We'll figure it out," Karane insists.

"Enough debate!" Leala says "Let's take a vote... who says he should come?"

Leala, Karane and Pipit raise their hands.

"Who says he shouldn't?"

Fledge, Bryarly and I raise ours.

I scoff "Great plan Leala."

Suddenly, a loud cough sounds out from behind us. The surprisingly mild mannered Demon takes a step closer to us, and says "if I may interject here..."

Posted

Zurin wasn't much good at interrupting, but he knew that the humans wouldn't last much longer in this heat. "I think it would be wise to continue this debate in the next room. You should find the temperature there to be much more habitable." Some of the knights were looking fatigued by the heat, so the group moved into the chamber of the Earth Spring to continue the confrontation. The glittering stones and crystal-clear water in the cavern were a wonder to behold, even for the demon.

"Now, I think the most immediate thing I can offer you is information. After watching the movements of the girl Zelda for a while, I've deduced she is preparing herself for some divine ritual by visiting all of the sacred areas on the surface world. I saw her leave the Skyview Spring, and we can all say that she was in this temple recently, so the only location left for her to visit is the Temple of Time at Lanayru Desert. If you want to find your friend Zelda, and more importantly that boy Link tailing her, you'll want to head there."

"If you decide to let me into your group, I can teleport us to the entrance of the temple and we will be on our way. I presume that you'll want to visit that Kina woman you mentioned to rest, so as long as one of you would let me hitchhike on your giant bird creature I would be fine accompanying you. I can lay low once I get to wherever you're staying; don't worry about that."

Posted

"A teleporting demon would be even more helpful!" I say, "That's yet another reason that we should let him join us."

"We also really need to get back to Skyloft and rest." Pipit says.

Callia and Brylarly roll their eyes.

"Fine," says Callia, "This demon guy can come with us for now but if he turns out to be a bad guy after all, don't say we didn't warn you."

Posted

We are walking back to the bird statue, Emzy asking the demon some questions.

I can't believe they are trusting him. I just can't believe it. This might be the most stupid decision they have ever made, and I just feel that he will kill us all when we are sleeping. Maybe he's just like that other guy. What if he wants Zelda too? Or Link? I have to admit, it's handy that he knows were to head next. The temple of time. I remember that place from my history book. It's sounds interesting.

Suddenly i get an idea. "If you are a teleporting demon. Why exactly do you have to come with us to the sky?" I ask. "If you want to help us, can't you just give us a signal or something we have to give you so you know we need help?"

Posted

Although was a bit curious about the nature of their world, Zurin had to admit staying earthbound would let him avoid trouble. "If that is what you wish, I can stay on the ground and meet you tommorrow. When you're back on the surface, we can contact each other with this." He said, pulling out a small, blue stone.

"This is a gossip stone of sorts that allows long-distance communication. Whenever you want to talk to me, hold the stone close and talk into it; I'll be able to hear your instructions regarding where we will regroup on the surface. Likewise, if we get separated I can talk to you; the stone can speak my words as if I were right beside you." He secured the stone in a thin leather strip, making a necklace for ease of access.

"I'll entrust this to you, Emzy; my services are yours to command. I look forward to seeing you all again!" And with that, the demon disappeared.

Posted

"Happy?" Emzy asks me, looking a bit accusative.

"Yes," I admit. I'm glad he accepted the offer. I just don't like the feeling having a demon breathing in my neck.

"Where to now? The Lumpy Pumpkin?" Pipit asks.

Callia sighs. "Guess so."

We go up into the sky again, and I call my loftwing. We try to fly stealthy across the sky to the Lumpy Pumpkin, and just as last time we don't get noticed by the knights flying around. To admit, they don't seem to be really functional, now I think of it. The only thing they do is grabbing someone back up at night when they sleepwalk off the island or something, and some other stuff.

Posted

We all land on the Lumpy Pumpkin island with a thud. It's difficult flying at night.

Kina greets us with a warm smile and makes some pumpkin soup for us. She says that everyone in Skyloft is still worried about us.

I finish my bowl of soup and place it by the sink to be washed. "Thanks for the soup, Kina." I say, as we go to our rooms.

"No problem." She says, "I'll wash your clothes so that they're ready for tomorrow. You can have breakfast here too."

(Thanks for entrusting me with the gossip stone, Zurin. lol)

Posted

I lie in my bed, warm and comfortable. There's something that feels so safe about being back in the Sky... I know that I'm back home. Still, I can't help but feel a little guilty that everyone in Skyloft is still worrying about us. I just wish there was some way to let them know that we're all safe... we can't do that though, of course. We'd get caught out and forced to stay here.

There's a soft click from behind us as the bedroom door gently opens. I look up, and see Bryarly wander in dressed in her night clothes.

"Are you awake?" she whispers.

"Yeah," I reply "I think Emzy's asleep though."

She pads softly into the room. I lift up the edge of my duvet and she settles in next to me. Her long hair is kind of itchy, but I don't really mind. When we were little and one of us had a nightmare, we'd always go and find the other. That's one advantage of sleeping in your school.

"I can't sleep..." she mumbles.

"Why's that?" I whisper, being careful not to wake Emzy.

"I still don't trust that Demon guy..." she replies "I think Emzy is being really quite naive to trust him..."

"Me too," I sigh "but you know that you can't talk Emzy out of something once her mind is set on it..."

Posted

I sigh. "I know. At least we now were to go to next."

"Yeah, luckily. You know, I feel so guilty now that Kina told us that everyone is worried sick about us," Callia says.

"Tell me about it. If we ever show our faces back at the academy, we'll be expelled for sure," I mumber. The headmaster is probably so dissapointed in us.

Callia inhales deeply. "Yeah. But that's not our main problem for now. I wonder when we will see Zelda and Link again. If we ever see them that is."

"Me too. I miss them so much." Especially Link. I never told my friends I had a crush on Link. And I wasn't planning either on telling them so. Not even Callia or Emzy. I just couldn't.

Posted

I frown, propping myself up on my elbow and looking down at my friend. She looks so forlorn.

"Bryarly?" I whisper "What's wrong?"

"I just... just..." she whispers. I can hear her voice cracking, almost as though she's on the verge of tears. Worry sets over me as I watch tears begin to swell in her eyes. She blinks furiously, washing them away. "Never mind..."

"No, come on, tell me!" I insist.

"No," she says stubbornly, rolling over. "Forget I said anything."

"But you-"

"Goodnight," she spits.

I sigh, collapsing back on my pillow and accepting defeat. Sometimes I do worry about her...

Posted

When I wake up the next morning, I feel bad for acting so mean to Callia. I get dressed, and leave the room. Everyone's already sitting at the large table, and I sit down next to Karane and Fledge. I take a piece of bread and start eating. On the other table our backpacks and pouches are spread out and Callia and Pipit are looking for things we need to replenish. I stand up, still eating, and walk over to them.

"So, do we got everything?" I ask them.

"Yeah, we got some food, deku nuts, potions and even a new sheild for Karane! Kina is too nice," Pipit laughes.

"She is," I laugh too. Pipit goes to sit down at the table to talk with Karane so that leaves me alone with Callia. Perfect.

"Hey Callia?" I ask.

"Yes?" she replies.

"Sorry that I was so mean last night," I apologized.

She smiles, "It's ok. And you don't have to tell me what's wrong if you don't want to."

"Thanks. You're the best," I say as I reach forward to hug her.

Posted (edited)

I giggle as we break apart. Bryarly tears her slice of bread in half and hands one half to me. The two of us make our way back over to the table and I perch myself down on a stool as Kina weaves between us, clearing empty plates and glasses.

"How's the search going?" she asks.

Emzy sighs "we're closer, but not there yet. But we met a friendly Demon who's agreed to help us."

Kina stops still, gasping "A demon?" she exclaims. Bryarly, Fledge and I exchange nervous glances.

"Yeah," Emzy continues, completely oblivious. "His name is Zurin and he's agreed to be like a guide for us."

"Oh..." Kina utters "you be careful."

"Oh don't worry," I say, helping myself to some grapes and cheese "we will!"

We all finish up our breakfast, collect our possessions and new weapons, and make our way over towards the door.

"Well..." Emzy says, producing the gossip stone from her pouch "I guess it's time we called Zurin."

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)