Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

"Maybe you should wait until we actually reach the new place," Fledge suggests quietly.

"Good idea," Callia says, "I don't think he can fit on our birds. Or that he can fly."

"Fine," Emzy says. We jump down and call our birds, and we fly to the new collumn of light that burts throught the clouds. We drop down and I reach for my sailcloth. This area looks... Yellow...

Posted (edited)

we find ourselves in some kind of Dessert place. I look for my gossip stone and try to talk to Zurin.

"Hey Zurin, are you there?" I ask.

the stone glows and he replies

"Yes I'm here. What do you want me to help you with?"

I think for a moment

"We're in a large dessert kind of area...do you know where we are?"

Edited by HylianFromLandOfOoo (see edit history)

Posted

Zurin focused his mind and communicated through the stone. "You've touched down in the Lanayru Desert. It's a dangerous place; a lot of the enemies here are electrically charged, and the rivers of sand can drag you under to your death if you don't sprint across them. Your destination is on the far side of an abandoned mine used to collect timeshift stones; crystals capable of creating a time-break when struck with adequate force."

Zurin took a quick look at his surroundings to gauge his distance from the group. "I saw your descent from where I am now. My location appears to be a canyon very close by, so it should be easy enough for me to catch up and find you."

Posted

"Thanks." I reply, "see you soon."

I turn to my friends. "See, we can trust him. If he wanted to kill us then he wouldn't have told us about the quicksand and the electric monsters."

"I still don't trust him.." Callia says. Bryarly nods in agreement.

"Let's just be careful ok" Pipit says, "He seems alright so let's trust him for now."

Posted

I look around, and I can see that there is a lot more land to discover then all the other areas had. Right now, I can't see any of the sinking sand the demon had mentioned, but we appear to be in what he had called a mine facility. Or at least the very begin of it. This land is hot, but not as hot as the previous one. It's mainly dry, and I'm happy we have got plenty of water with us to stay hydrated. We go trough some tunnels until we reach a large construction like site. There is a large blue stone in the centre, and it's surrounded by two mine cart tracks. One leads to a closed door, and together we all try to open it up, but it doesn't move an inch. Suddenly Callia runs towards an open space.

"What are you doing?" Emzy calls after her.

"Wait a second!" she yells back. Suddenly we hear a buzzing noise and she comes riding in in a mine cart, waving at us, looking triumphant. We quickly all try to fit in the cart, and it rides us into a new room. We continue and have our first contact with the electric enemies and the sand the demon had told us about, but they aren't too hard to tackle.

Posted

After a bit of travelling through the canyon and parts of the mines, Zurin finally caught up with the group as they came to a fork in the road. One way is blocked by an iron door, and the other to the left has a long river of sand with one of the timeshift stones at the far end. "Hey, this is a good time to try out something. could one of you try to hit that stone on the far end of the sand?" 

Using a slingshot, Pipit takes aim and hits the stone. The impact causes it to glow brightly, and suddenly a strange bubble of energy expands from the stone. Everything the energy touches seems to become fresh and young again; the rocks gleam with untapped ores, grass grows in the soil, and the river of sand is replaced with a mossy floor. Deku Babas that originally lived in the cave appear as well, but they are easily taken care of. "Fascinating. I've never seen a timeshift stone in action before. It seems the active stones' energies draw everything nearby back into the past. We can use these stones to re-activate doors and machinery if needed. Truly amazing!"

Just as expected, the large door blocking the second passage is powered up in the past, and opens for the group after hopping on the mine cart.

Posted

We go trough the door and the cart ends in a large open area with loads of sand, everywhere you look. At the far west of us, there is a large sign that I vaguely recognized from the history lessons we got. It is a golden bird like thing, holding up a triangle. It looks familiar, but I can't come up with the name of the triangle though...

"We have arrived at Lanayru Desert," the demon informs us.

"Wow..." Karane mumbers, looking around. We drop off the ledge and try to avoid weird creatures with a large shell that charge at us. A bit further, we see another time shift stone, locked up in a cage. Pipit hits it with a deku nut, and it changes a small area around the cage to the past. But unfortunately, two of the red creatures we have encountered many times before also turn to life. I don't worry so much about them, but then I see that they are holding electric charged weapons.

Posted

"Just a moment, everyone. I think I can resolve this peacefully," Zurin remarked as he walked up to the creatures. Everyone else seemed a bit unsure negotiating with a Bokoblin would go well, but it was worth a try.

As he approached the closest creature, it eyed him suspiciously through its goggles. "Hey, since we're both demons I'm sure we can come so some sort of-" The Bokoblin wasted almost no time in batting away Zurin, who went flying back from the electric shock. "Please, I don't want to harm you! Can't you listen to me?" Zurin pleaded, still on the ground. Undaunted, the enemy closed in again and raised its weapon for another hit. 

Posted

"No!" Emzy yelles, trying to hit it with her sword. She hits it succesfully, but now it charges at her, but she can quickly dodge it. Unfortunately, Callia, who is standing next to her, can't. It hits her right on her leg and she cries from the pain the electric shock sends trough her whole body.

"Callia no!" I yell, dashing at her while Pipit takes care of the bokoblins together with the rest.

I try to sooth Callia and keep her calm so she doesn't move to much. Emzy kneels down next to me and she tries to see how bad the damage is. The bokoblins are defeated, and Pipit runs towards us with a red potion. Emzy gasps, and I look over at Callia's leg.

Posted

"Callia... you're-" Emzy begins.

"Forget about me!" I yelp, cutting her off as I try to ignore the searing pain spreading across my shin. "Zurin... where's Zurin?"

"Over here..." comes a soft mumble from a few feet away. Everyone looks up from where I lie on the ground, turning to see Zurin as he clambers up to his feet. Patches of his tunic are frazzled from the electric weapon that bokoblin had, and he seems a little disoriented. He shakes his head, blinking a couple of times.

"Great," Bryarly sighs "two injuries. Brilliant idea Zurin! Let's try and negotiate with a freaking bokoblin!"

"I just-" he begins.

"No! Thanks to you, Callia can't even stand up, let alone walk!" Bryarly yells.

"Hey, Zurin got hurt too!" Karane cuts in.

"Enough!" I shout, pushing myself to sit up a little straighter. "Bickering won't help us find Link, let's just get to that temple of time you were talking about ASAP, Zurin."

"But you can't even walk..." Fledge mutters from the back of the group.

Posted

Zurin sees the damage his blunder has done to Callia and snaps back into reality. "Your leg is broken. It can be fixed here, but we'll need to add a bit of power to that potion Pipit brought. May I see it?" Pipit obliges, surprised by the swiftness of the demons' responses. Zurin unplugs the bottle, then removes a few dried insects from a pouch he conjured; two butterflies, a beetle, and a ladybug. Some of the group recognize this process and are surprised that Zurin knows how to improve potions. "You learn a few things by living on your own for a while," he comments, "but anyway, our destination is northwest of here. After I teleport us across the sand it should be in view."

After mixing the bugs into the red potion with a quick stir and shake, Zurin hands the bottle to Callia. "I'm really sorry about the bokoblins. If it wasn't for me you would be fine..."

Posted

"whatever." Callia replies, "let's just move on so we can find Link and Zelda."

Zurin teleports everyone across the sand to just outside the temple of time. The door is blocked with large stones and we can't find a way in.

"Hey, It's you lot again!" Says a voice from behind us.

"It's Gorko!" I say as we walk over to talk to him.

"Who's your new friend?" He asks, pointing to Zurin.

"I am a demon called Zurin." he replies

"A demon?!" Gorko says, "What are you kids doing, walking around with a demon?"

"He's a nice demon." I explain.

"Well you kids be careful ok." He says. "Oh yeah, I saw Link a wile ago." 

"Really? Where?" Bryarly asks.

"I talked to him right here. He was going to a place called Lanayru Mining Facility..."

(I know Gorko didn't know about that until after Link got out but it would be a good way for us to know where to go next. Is that ok?)

Posted

(yeah, it's not a problem)

"Pardon me, but I'm-"

Before Zurin could argue, the ground began to shake violently. Behind them, the large pit of sand churned and swelled as a large building raised itself out of the desert. As the earthquake dissipated, a single figure could be seen sprinting up the steps toward an entrance, most likely the way to the mining facility. With that green outfit and sword, the person could only be...

"Link!" Byarly shouted. She was indeed right; it seemed the Temple of Time was his destination, but the way must be blocked for the hero to consider the underground route. At any rate, their primary purpose was to catch up with Link, so they would have to follow him into the depths of the facility.

"Well, I suppose we'll follow Link into the facility then. Thank you for the information, Sir Gorko," Zurin said. The Goron furrowed his brow, both in bafflement and slight distrust of Zurin, "hrmmm, don't mention it." With their objective clear, the heroes made way toward the facility entrance.

Posted

We saw Link. Goddess. How much I wanted to see him properly again. To talk to him again. Just to be sure he is ok. But every single time we saw him he was just a second gone too soon. I swallow hard, and we go towards the facility. Zurin teleports us as close as he can by the building and we enter. It looks very old, and just as sandy and dry as the outside environment. We sit down on the floor to drink some water, and I can see Callia has a hard time to hide her pain. I can't see if the potion she took is actually helping her, but if you ask me it isn't because she is constantly gritting her teeth, or pressing her nails in her palm.  She doesn't want to be a problem, but I can't stand her having pain.

"Callia," I sigh.

She looks at me. "What?"

"You can't go on like this," I say, putting my hand on her knee.

"Of course I can. Why not?" she says, trying to make it look like nothing.

"Callia. You broke your leg. When Emzy fell out of a tree in Skyloft, it took her ten weeks before she recovered." I say, and Emzy nods.

"Who says my leg is broken? And by the way, that's because Emzy refused to take any potions," Callia says.

"That's true. And Zurin said that it was broken!" Emzy says.

Callia looks at Zurin. "Are you sure it's broken?"

"Yes," he replies. "But we can reduce the time for it to heal, though it will still take a couple days."

"No, no, no!" Callia yells out. "I can't just stay here!"

"That's right," Karane says. "Not alone.

"And we can't really miss anyone..." Pipit sighs.

"What if I stay here?" Fledge asks, a bit timid. "I'm not that usefull, and I don't mind."

"Fledge! You are just as usefull as everyone!" Emzy yells.

Fledge blushes a bit. "I don't mind, really."

Posted

This isn't fair. I don't want to have to stay here in the entrance to a dungeon, all the while knowing that Link is so close by. I don't want to miss a thing. This adventure is dangerous, it's risky, and at times it's terrifying. But it's the most fun I've had in a long time, and I need to know what's happened to Link and Zelda. I don't want to be left behind, but I know deep down that Bryarly is right.

"Why don't the two of you go back to the sky?" Zurin asks "Fledge can take you on his loftwing, and when the group returns in the evening, you'll see everyone then." It's almost like he can read my thoughts.

"But I don't wanna miss anything..." I whisper.

"You'll be fine," Emzy says, pulling me up to my feet and taking my bags from me.

"Look at it this way," Bryarly says "you either miss one day of adventuring to recover, or miss the rest of the journey because you've messed up your leg."

I sigh "fine..."

"Come on," Fledge smiles "you'll see everyone tonight."

Pipit pats Fledge on the back and Bryarly, Karane, and Emzy hug me as the two of us make our way over to the door.

"Look after her," Zurin calls to Fledge.

"I promise," he replies.