Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

(I fell of a tree a few years ago. haha.)

I feel sad that Callia isn't going to be with us for a whole day. Hopefully she will get better soon.

We take a few moments to look around us. Link is nowhere in sight so he must have gone into another room.

"Ok." Says Pipit, "Are we all ready to move on and find Link?"

"Yeah." I say, "Let's go."

Suddenly, some tiny scorpion type animals emerge from the sand. They don't look like they would do any harm until they jump on us.

I quickly shake it off and kill it.

"What were those horrible things?" Bryarly asks.

"They messed up my hair!" Karane says.

"Zurin, do you know what they are?" I ask.

Posted

I already miss Callia. And Fledge. I hope they will get safely to the sky. But we have to go on. We go trough the door that's at the end of this room and it reveals the giant main room. We continue to go on into this one, but I can see how much other rooms and enemies Link had to tackle before he could get to the bit we are heading to. We find a mine cart with the same blue timeshift stone as we saw earlier, and Emzy hits it with her sword. It moves and we quickly have to jump unto a platform. We expect it to move with the mine cart, but it just stays right in place.

"Quick! We have to do something before the cart is gone!" Pipit yells.

"Leave it to me," Zurin says as he blows a gust of wind against the propelor like things on top of the platform. It starts to move, and we reach the other side. Suddenly the ground rumbles a bit, and it sounds like rocks falling but we look around and we don't see anything suspicious. We try to open the large door, and it looks kind of like the previous ones before, but the one thing that keeps me thinking, is the fact that everytime we saw such a door, we caught a glimp of Link. The room behind the door is rather empty. We go trough the next door, and it's a very big colorfull room with a single mine cart in front. We want to go in the cart, but suddenly the ground trembles like before, even harder, and I hear someone yell. It sounds an awful lot like Zelda...  We start the minecart and we all look at each other, curious if it was indeed her. It goes way to slow, and I think we are already too late. We jump out of the cart and walk forward up some stairs. We reach the ruins of the temple. But what concernes me, is that I don't see anyone. We are too late.

(Sorry if the bits I write are too long, I just got so much ideas! :D)

Posted

The temple courtyard is now quiet, but the signs of a struggle are obvious; debris from the temple entrance are scattered about the floor, and what appears to have been a mechanism made entirely out of gears lies on the far end of a narrow walkway in the center of the courtyard. What really bothered Zurin, though, was that he could not remember the name or significance of those small scorpion creatures they encountered in the mining facility. Something about being a larval creature of something... what was it?

"Well, I guess this is the end of the trail, unless you can think of any other sites Link would visit," Pipit said to Zurin. The demon was too distracted, however, by the pale stones that once formed some sort of structure but were now ruins. Though entirely unrelated, the color reminded him of the skin of an... "Aracha!" Zurin exclaimed. "Yeah, let's head to- wait, where?" Karane said, slightly confused by Zurin's outburst. He shook his head in response, "oh, no, the Aracha is not a place, but rather the name of those tiny scorpions that we saw in the mining facility. They're actually larvae of a much more dangerous creature known as a Moldarach, which I'm very surprised we didn't... run... into..." The last few words tumbled out of the demon's mouth as he saw what the rest of the group was staring at. Across the courtyard, emerging over the hill of sand and heading quickly toward the group, was a huge, jet black scorpion.

A Moldarach.

Posted

My eyes grow big by seeing this giant creature. I yell in fear.

"Zurin! What the hell do we do!?" Emzy screams.

"Hit the eyes in it's claws!" he yells back.

Karane dashes forward and she tries to hit one of his eyes but instead the claw grabs her and she starts screaming for help.

"Karane!" Pipit yells. Karane starts smashing the claw and it releases her. She quickly crawls back to us, but there is no time to wait and see if she is ok. We all try to hit it's eyes, but it's so hard.

Posted

"Let's see how it takes one of these!" Zurin shouted, igniting the air around him and hurling the fire at the beast's larger claw. It lets out a screech and recoils, then opens the claw wide to grab its attacker. Pipit is still close to the monster, and takes the chance to swipe at its exposed eye a few times before the creature uses its tail to bat him aside. The blow looked strong but Pipit mostly blocked it with his own sword. Zurin keeps hitting the larger claw with his fireballs; some hit the eye but most glance off the strong exoskeleton.

Eventually the larger claw takes too much damage and is destroyed thanks to Zurin's magic and Pipit and Karane's swordplay. Emzy and Byarly get the hang of the Moldarachs' attack patterns and team up to destroy the smaller claw. The creature isn't done yet however; letting out a ear-splitting shriek and exposing its center eye. "Good work everyone! The Moldarach might attempt to charge now, so stay back and use arrows!" Everyone with the right equipment readies bows and slingshots while Zurin readies his fire. Unfortunately the beast is quicker without the encumberence of its claws, so the shots either miss or just glance the well-guarded eye.

"Blast! Someone needs to get one good thrust into the eye with their sword to kill- whoa!" Zurin flinches as the Moldarach makes a sudden charge for him. With no sword or shield to take the blow, he's trampled by the monsters' many legs. Though he gets no deep cuts, his head hits the floor hard and Zurin is out cold.

Posted

"Zurin!" Emzy yells, dashing towards him.

The rest of us stays focused on the beast. Pipit races forward and stabs it in it's eye. I race forward too, and I do the same thing, while avoiding it's charges. We repeated this proces a few times, and it screeches loud in defeat. It dissolves into a large purple cloud and I realise that the battle is over. We run over to Zurin, and he is still laying on the ground.

"How is he?" Karane asks. Right at that moment, he opens his eyes.

"What was that?" I ask out loud.

"A Moldarach," Zurin explains.

"Will we encounter more? Are they common?" Pipit asks.

"I don't know. What I do know is that one of them probably guarded the mine facility," Zurin answers.

"Wait. It was gone when we were in that large room. Do you mean Link defeated it all by himself?" I ask with disbelief. I knew Link was strong, but if he has to fight more like this one, or even harder ones... I shivered. How did he managed to stay alive?

"What do we do now?" Emzy asks.

Posted

Zurin gets back on his feet, a bit sore from being trampled. "Well, I don't know any other places Zelda would have visited. It would be a good idea for the rest of you to return to the sky for now; see if you can find out about Link. With any luck, he's as stumped as we are."

"As for myself, I'm going to do a bit of scouting around on the surface, retracing my steps," the demon concluded, looking west towards the woods of Faron. "I'll start back at the forest near the Sealed Grounds. If I find anything over the next few days, I'll let you know. Until then, farewell!" The demon waved goodbye, disappearing into thin air.

Posted

"Should we go back to Skyloft then?" I ask.

"Yeah I suppose so." Pipit replies.

"And we can see if Callia has got better." Karane says.

"let's go." Bryarly says."

We go back to the lumpy pumpkin and we see Callia and Fledge helping harvest pumpkins.

"Hi Callia!" I say, happy to see her again, "Are you feeling better now?"

(I'm just wondering if Link will have got to the isle of songs by now or if he is still fighting "The Imprisoned"? lol, I had to read Hyrule Historia again to remember what it was called. Also, Just an idea: Can our OC's do the first trial because I've just done that in the game and also we'd need to be able to swim underwater. We could even do it so that we all have our own spirit flower things and we could collect different colored teardrops or whatever they are. Just an idea though, we don't have to do it.)

Posted

(I don't see why not; the trials are just to see if someone is eligible to use the triforce, and I think our characters trying to get the triforce would be pretty cool :D

I don't think Zurin will try them though. As for the Isle of Songs/Imprisoned, I was thinking Zurin could witness the imprisoned and then you guys could follow Link into the Thunderhead and Isle of Song)

After watching from a distance to see that his friends made it back to the sky, Zurin began his journey back to the Sealed Grounds. Not far out of the desert he caught up with Gorko, and the two agreed to travel together as long as the demon stopped calling him "sir Gorko."

"So, Zurin," The goron inquired, "I'm a bit of an archaeologist you know. Maybe you can give me some insight about the age of the Goddess?" Zurin was pleasantly surprised that the goron had taken an interest in his history, partially because he liked getting along with other people and mostly because talking about himself was a way to stroke his ego. "Well, back in those days I was still aligned with Demise, our leader by right of being the most powerful demon. I'm sure you've heard all about the battle between Demise and the Goddess, but if you want a soldier's account of the conflict, I would say we only fought because we had no other choice. Most of them still fight for the strongest demon, disputably Ghirahim, but I'd like to believe there are more like me that have turned their back on our violent way of life..." The two continued chatting for the rest of the afternoon about ancient history and demon culture, then made camp that night to rest.

Posted

"Yes! It's still a bit painful, but I can handle it!" Callia smiles.

We tell her that we don't really know were to go next so that we decide to stay at the Lumpy Pumpkin for a few days to recover. Especially for Callia. Speaking of her, she was acting weird. When we are alone, sitting in our room because we can't go outside or in the actual cafe because we are still searched for, I decide to ask her about it.

"Hey Callia?" I ask.

"Yeah?" she replies.

"Err, I don't really know, but you are acting kind of weird..." I say, a bit hesitating.

"How do you mean?" she asks.

Posted

"I don't know..." Bryarly mumbles, her eyes narrowed to just slits "just... odd."

I laugh nervously, not daring to make eye contact with her because I know she'll break me. "I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about."

"Callia," she says sharply. giving me a stern look.

"You know," I mumble "I really think that you were close to Link this time."

"Don't change the subject!"

"I-"

"Callia..."

"No, I just-"

"Callia!"

"Fine! I'll tell you..."

*Later that day*

The restaurant is now quiet, it's just me and the other trainee knights along with Kina. Everyone else is digging into bowls of warm soup as Bryarly and I stand at the counter slicing a loaf of crusty bread.

"You have to tell them!" she exclaims.

"Not a chance!" I retort.

"I'm telling them!"

"No you're not!" I cut in.

"Oh yes I am," she smirks.

"You are most definitely NOT telling them!"

"Tell us what?" Emzy shouts over from the table. She raises one coy eyebrow, clearly intrigued.

Posted

After a couple days' travel, Zurin and Gorko finally reached the Sealed Grounds. "Well, this is our stop. Thanks again for the company, Gorko. And for giving me a chance to talk about my past." The demon said to the goron. "Glad I could be a help to you. My travels get boring as well, and finding out so much about the history of the demons while you let off some steam was great for both of us!" Gorko replied. "And now I'm more sure than ever that you're on our side after what you told me, Zurin." The demon smiled in reply but for once did not have the words to say other than a simple "Thank you."

Suddenly the ground shook as a terrible black mist erupted into the sky from the Sealed Grounds. "No... it can't be! Gorko, we have to get to the sealed grounds right away!" Zurin's voice and heart were filled with dread, for he knew that the seal on his former master had broken at last, and nothing could stop him. At the very least he could hope to slow him down... but wait! It looked like someone was already giving Demise a good beating; the monstrous creature had stumbled over after its fleshy,improvised toes had been destroyed, and now the mysterious figure was beating the sealing spike back into his skull.

Undaunted, Demise lurched over and began to slither like a snake on his belly for a final push toward the top of the chasm, but the hero made a bolder move. Using the updrafts of wind seeping from the ground, he propelled himself to the slope above the beast. As Demise lost momentum and was forced to continue on foot, the hero jumped down from the level above directly onto the monster's head. Driving the spike into his skull a final time, Demise succumbed to the energies of his prison and violently exploded, his essence sealed at the bottom of the chasm once more by the hero's sword.

The sword! both Gorko and Zurin recognized it as the blade Link carried, and there was no doubt the hero was him. Link must be very powerful indeed to have defeated the monstrous Demise.

Posted (edited)

"So what was it you were going to tell us, Callia?" I ask.

Edited by HylianFromLandOfOoo (see edit history)

Posted

"Well-" Bryarly begins.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing!" I cut her off.

She's about to open her mouth to protest, when suddenly a loud chiming noise can be heard. We all frown, glancing around, trying to find the source of the noise. Emzy rummages through her pocket, producing the gossip stone that Zurin gave her.

Emzy frowns, closing it in her palm and holding the little blue stone to her lips. "Zurin?" she says.

"Good to hear from you," comes his voice. It sounds crystal clear, almost as though he were standing right next to us.

"What's up?" Pipit asks, perching himself on the edge of one of the tables.

"There's been an.... event down here in the Sealed Grounds," he says "You might want to get down here ASAP."

"You'll have to wait till morning," Fledge says. "It's still dark up here, there's no way that we can fly."

"So be it," Zurin sighs "I'll meet you at the back entrance of the temple first thing tomorrow."

Posted

We all go to bed, but I can't sleep. Apparently I'm not the only one with that problem.

"What could be wrong?" Callia whispers.

"What if it's Link? What if there is something very wrong with him?" Emzy asks.

Oh Goddess. "Let's just hope that's not the case," I sigh, sounding a bit grumpy.

They don't reply.

The next morning, we get ready as soon as possible. We hop on our birds and fly towards the green column of light. We rush towards the temple, and Zurin stands there, waiting.

"What's wrong?" Pipit asks.