Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

Zurin decided the best place to start was the beginning, and there was a lot to tell. "After you left, I traveled to the Sealed Grounds just as planned, with our friend Gorko tagging along. When we reached the temple, something horrible happened; my old master, the ultimate demon Demise, was temporarily released from his seal." Though only a few of the group knew of Demise and his infamous power that could oppose the goddess, everyone felt a chill at the idea of that monster loosed from his prison. "The good news is that Link was here, and he placed a temporary seal on the demon. His power is incredible now, and I believe he aims to be even stronger," Zurin figured. Everyone was relieved to hear this; Zurin wasn't sure, but Byarly seemed especially happy.

"After the battle and Link's departure, I decided it was necessary to meet with the woman living in the Sealed Temple. I expected a confrontation, but she appeared to be... expecting me, if that is possible. She had a few words about our destiny and mine, and what it boils down to is..." Zurin paused for a moment, "...our fates are intertwined with the legendary Triforce."

Some of the group became confused at this, chiefly those who had heard that term but did not know what it meant. "I'd explain more, but the old woman insisted that you all hear the full story from her. I don't know what she meant by our fates and the Triforce, or even what our goal is, but I suspect she will be willing to tell all of you more. You should all go in now."

Posted

(Can I spend a few days finishing the ancient cistern before I post again? Just because I'm really busy at the moment and I'd really like to defeat the boss in there. Just like two days. Is that ok?)

Posted

(Sure :) But do you mean like on the game? Or on this RP? If it's on the game, have fun, that one took me a long time!)

We walk towards the door, and I'm kind of worried. What did he mean? I don't understand a single bit of it. I kind of heard about the Triforce before, but I can't seem to remember what it was. We open it, and inside, something looks different. In the middle is now standing a weird looking stone monument. We walk past it, and indeed, the old woman is waiting for us. But there is someone standing next to her. Someone way too familiar. No... It can't be!

"Groose?!" we all call out.

Posted

(I mean in the game. Haha :)

Posted (edited)

"Y... not you too?" he stutters.

"What are you doing here Groose?" Emzy asks, stepping forward a little. "How did you get down here?"

"I jumped, how else bird brain?" He says, getting defensive.

Zurin frowns, seeming a little off put by Groose's reactions.

"Well why are you here?" Pipit asks.

"Zelda's gone, and Link's been zipping in and out of Skyloft! Then you guys all vanished, I didn't want to be left out! Everyone at the academy knows that I'm the strongest and best student there, we don't need head-in-the-clouds-dreamers like Link to mess everything up for Zelda so I came to help!"

"Excuse me," Zurin says, stepping forward "but I see no reason why you should be so rude to these people. They've done nothing to harm or offend you, they're merely here to try and help."

"Oh," Groose says, accusative. "and who might you be?"

Zurin stands a little taller, trying to appear more authoritative over Groose, despite the fact that he's shorter than him. "My name is Zurin, I'm a demon who's been assisting your friends here."

"Friends?" Groose spits, "They're not my friends. Any friend of mine wouldn't lower themselves to help from a Demon"

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

Zurin looks angry a bit but decides to stay calm and not say anything in reply.

I don't like Groose one bit and I'm glad that we're not his friends.

"So anyway," Groose continues, "I fell- I mean jumped down here and Link said there was this old granny who lives in this temple who new what we had to do to find Zelda and then she said Link had to save Zelda and not me!"

"Well Link is more Zelda's friend than you, Groose." I say. This just makes him more angry though.

Posted

(Oh yeah I forgot to say, I'm going on a French trip with school and I'm coming back on Sunday.)

Posted (edited)

(Have fun! France is beautiful!)

"Will you shut up about that little whimpy kid!" Groose snaps.

No one talks about Link like that. "Hey! What's your problem with Link anyway!" I say, standing in front of Groose.

He looks a bit startled, but he quickly recovers and continues. "He thinks he's everything. He thinks that he's the only one that can save Zelda!"

The old lady comes standing with us. "Come, come Groose. I told you that that's the prophecy."

He looks at her, and sighes dramatically. I roll my eyes, and I see Callia and Emzy doing the same. He opens the large door towards the Sealed Grounds and closes it.

"Well, I knew I would never miss that guy," Emzy mutters.

"He'll come back," the old lady sighs, shaking her head.

"I'm sorry," Callia says to her.

She smiles. "You don't have to apologise. Soon he will realise that even he can be a part in this all."

"Yeah, what are we supposed to do now?" Pipit asks.

Edited by Franne (see edit history)

Posted

(never mind :P)

Posted (edited)

(I don't really understand :D And I don't know why, but it sounds so odd, since for me, it's Zelda, Link and Demise/Ganondorf. Or as in Skyward Sword, Link has to get them all. We are all out to find Link who is looking for the Triforce and such and we aren't exactly in the prophecy thingy. I'm sorry, I just don't quite like the idea... Now it's like we are 'stealing' Link's quest... Sorry if I seem rude or something, I'm just honestly telling you that I'm not comfortable with it now :) )

Edited by Franne (see edit history)

Posted

(The idea is like this; Link uses the Triforce to kill Demise like he does in Skyward Sword, but after he's done with it and Demise is dead in both the present and past we get to split it up so that other people can't use its power for themselves. That way Link still completes his destiny to get the Triforce; we just slip in afterwards and hide it again after he's done with it and his destiny is over.)

(Plus, this idea gives us a reason to visit the silent realm, which I think some people mentioned wanting to do. We can still follow Link, now we just have something to do while following him.)

Posted

(I'm back from France! :D

I had a lovely time!)

Posted

(So... What do we do now?)

Posted

(one of you is welcome to make the next post where the one before mine left off. also I'll be gone for a couple days just so you know)

Posted

She nods. "Ah, yes. I wanted to tell you that the young hero has left some time ago. He fought with a very strong monster, called the 'Imprisoned'. But because you are all Sky children, you will know him better as 'Demise',"

I nod. "Yes, long ago, he was the demon that tried to take the Triforce, but the Goddess Hylia sealed him away."

The old lady smiles approvingly. "You are well informed. As I said, luckily, the hero succeeded and sealed the monster away for now. It will come back later, but that's nothing to worry about for now."

"So, where is he now? Link?" Callia asks.

"The hero has set to the sky yesterday, but I am sure that he is back here in the woods right now. He needs to find the three ancient flames to make him stronger, and these can be found in every region he visited yet." the old lady says.

"So he's close?" Emzy asks.

"There has past some time, but I think he is still in this area, yes. You should look around the woods to see if you find any trace of him." the old lady answers. "Or you can spent some more time here, if you'd like."

"No, I don't think we need rest, thank you." Pipit says.

She nods. "Good luck. If you need something, you are all welcome here."

We thank her and head towards the green and lively woods.