Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

(I'm slightly confused. What's happening? lol. Is this the thing that Callia hasn't told us yet?)

Edited by HylianFromLandOfOoo (see edit history)

Posted

(Yup!)

"What gave it away?" she asks.

Emzy takes one of her hands, giving it a comforting squeeze. "A friend can keep their head in a crisis, someone who's in love usually can't..."

"Why couldn't you just be honest with us?" I ask, hugging her a little tighter. "I told you about Fledge after all."

"Fledge!" Emzy hisses. "You didn't tell me about Fledge!"

"Oh..." I mumble, feeling myself blush. "Yeah... but look, this isn't the time."

"I feel like such an idiot," Bryarly whispers, leaning her head back and letting her long hair fall backwards. Her eyes are screwed shut tight as she drags a sleeve across her cheek to wipe away the tears.

"Don't beat yourself up about it..." I soothe.

"How could I not?" she sobs. "Everyone knows his heart belongs to Zelda."

"Hey..." Emzy whispers. "It's Link! I'm pretty sure every girl in Skyloft has crushed on him at some point! I had a crush on him last summer!"

"When I was thirteen," I smile. "And I'm pretty sure Karane did a couple of years ago!"

"Exactly," Emzy says, giving Bryarly a comforting smile.

"But I promise you," I whisper "no matter what. You'll be ok, I swear."

"Maybe..." she sighs "but I'm not so sure about Link..."

I look up to where he lies in his bed. His breath is coming out in ragged gasps as tosses and turns in his sleep. The large wound on his bare chest is visible as Henya has taken his tunic away to mend. I feel my heart sinking a little.

"He'll be fine," I promise. "You know Link, he's strong."

Posted

(Awww! So Callia and Fledge are together now?)

Posted

(Woops, sorry if I repeated something :P)

I sigh. "I hope so."

"Ok, now, go to bed," Callia commands me.

"Will you wake me the second he wakes up?" I ask.

She nods. "Of course."

I smile and hug my two best friends. I'm glad I have them. They really are the best. I lay down between Link's bed and Callia and faster then I expected, I drift away to sleep. I have horrible nightmares though, so when it's around 7 a.m. I'm already awake again. I sit up and look at Link. He's still sleeping. He has to wake up soon, or something is probably very wrong. I frown from anxiousness, and I look around the room again. Pipit and Karane are gone, probably getting some food, and Emzy is sleeping in the same position as when she went to sleep. She's snoring softly. Next to me I see Callia who is sleeping too and Fledge, who isn't asleep, is just laying next to Callia, playing with a lock of her hair. He smiles at me, and I smile back. They really are cute together.

Another hour passes, and I spent my time thinking about last night and waiting until everyone's up. Emzy also goes to get some food and she says that she'll bring some for me, since she knows I won't leave Link's side. Callia wakes up last, and she smiles at Fledge first before looking at me. Fledge says that he wants to see where everyone is, so he heads out for them.

"Hey. How are you?" Callia asks.

I shrug. "I had horrible nightmares..."

"I'm sorry..." she says, before hugging me.

"When will he wake up?" I ask.

"I don't know," she replies.

Posted

We sit for a few minutes, quietly chatting between us. We talk about the surface, the water dragon, the trouble we're all going to be in. She talks like nothing's wrong, though I can see the dullness in her eyes that tell me she's still hurt by recent events. I feel utterly useless. I've no idea what to say or do.

Suddenly, a loud, moist cough sounds out from just to our right. Link sits bolt upright, chest heaving as he struggles to grasp what little air he can. His body jars, spine coiling as he fights to take in some semblance of oxygen. His eyes are screwed shut, face contorted into a cruel pained expression. His hands clench tight against the corners of his flimsy mattress, turning his knuckles white as skin is pulled taught. Bryarly watches him in silence, mouth wide open, almost like a statue. She's in shock. Blood begins to drum in my brain as my mind races.

"Link! Lie still!" I shout, though my commands fall on deaf ears. He continues to writhe, trying to force his crumpled body to inhale. I press my lips together in determination as I jump to my feet and step closer to him. I grab his bare shoulders, forcing him to lie back on the mattress, though his strength is proving to challenge. He kicks uncontrollably, tangling himself in his duvet, face paling due to the lack of oxygen.

"Bryarly help me!" I yelp. "He needs to lie flat and calm down!"

She, still in a state of shock, doesn't move a muscle. Behind me, the bedroom door is thrown open, and Pipit appears on the other side wearing a panicked expression.

"Link?" he exclaims.

"Take his ankles!" I yell. "He needs to lie flat and calm down!"

Pipit runs forward obediently, seizing his friend by the ankles and restraining them against the mattress. Link continues to fight, blinded by pain for a good thirty seconds, before eventually his breathing levels out, and colour begins to return to his face. Pipit stares, still concerned, at his friend. From beside me, Bryarly lets out a quiet whimper. Slowly, steadily, Link begins to blink, trying to focus his view as he struggles to understand what's happened.

"Wh... where's Zelda?" he croaks.

Posted

I still can't do anything. I just stare at him, mouth wide open.

"Just- just lay still Link, please," Callia pleads. She pushes him down again, and Link faints from exhaustion. Callia sighs and quickly turns to me. She takes my hands and I stare at her.

"Just inhale and exhale slowly," she says and I do so a few times. "Better?" she asks and I nod.

"I'm sorry," I apology.

"Why?" she asks.

"Because I was so worthless!" I yell out.

"You had a normal reaction," Pipit says, trying to calm me down.

"I just- what could I do? I mean, he was just-" I stutter.

"You panicked, that's all!" Callia says.

"Let's just hope he doesn't do that again the next time he wakes up," Pipit mutters.

Posted

*Later that day*

Geopora stares down at us all, his brow furrowed in annoyance. His large arms are crossed over his chest, and he's accompanied by Owlan, Horwell, and Henya.

"What did you think you were doing?" he asks.

"We were just trying to help Link," Pipit replies, standing up. "And think about it! If we hadn't been down there, Link could have died!"

"And what if that had happened to any of you?" Geopora replies.

"But it didn't," Karane argues.

"But it could have!" Horwell cuts in. "You're lucky that you haven't been expelled from the academy. We specifically told you to stay away from the gaps in the cloud barrier, and you broke our rules!"

"But we did it for Li-" Emzy begins, but she's quickly silenced as Geopora raises his hand.

"I won't have my students endangering their lives like this, and I won't stand for disobedience in my school. None of you are to leave this school unless accompanied by a fully trained knight. Period!"

"What!?" I exclaim, jumping to my feet.

"Period!" Geopora repeats, before turning and walking from the room. The other members of staff follow him out, leaving us in silence.

Posted

I can't help but start to cry softly. I can see Karane crying too, and Callia's having a hard time not to. We know what we did, we ruined everything.

"What can we do?" Emzy sighs desperately.

"I don't know. We are screwed," Pipit says.

Callia gasps. "She is still on the surface. Alone." she stops a second to look at us. "Zelda."

As by the sound of her name Link starts coughing again. He has trouble breathing, and Callia does the same as she did last time.

"Link?" Fledge asks.

He falls down his bed again. He is in a very bad condition.

Posted (edited)

Everyone is panicking and we have no clue what we're doing anymore. My head is acheing and my vision is becoming fuzzy.

Suddenly I've fallen on the floor but I don't remember falling. I must have fainted. I stand up again and look around. Link looks calmer now and he's coughing less. Hopefully that's a good thing.

(Sorry I keep posting really short bits at the moment. I've got loads of school work.)

Edited by HylianFromLandOfOoo (see edit history)

Posted

(That's ok! I have exams next week so I get your feeling :) )

"O my goddess Emzy are you all right?" I say, rushing over to her.

"Yeah, I'm just... tired I guess..." she mutters.

"Go to sleep then, it's already evening again," Callia says.

Emzy nods and goes to sleep, just as Karane.

I sigh. This is really getting worse.

Posted

"Is anyone going to explain what's going on?" Link croaks, slowly sitting up in his bed. He stares around at us all. Emzy and Karane are quietly sleeping in the corner, leaving just me, Bryarly, Pipit, and Fledge. Link blinks slowly, his blue eyes squinting as he tries to make sense of the situation. "How did I get here?" he says.

"We found you..." Pipit mumbles, "down on the surface. You were in a bad way, so we brought you back."

"You were on the surface? Wait... What about Zelda?" he asks "Tell me you saw Zelda..."

I glance down at my feet, unsure of what to say. Link's desperate glance switches from person to person as he silently pleads for someone to reply. Eventually, I whisper "Sorry..."

His face drops immediately, and he staggers to his feet with a painful grunt. He makes his way over to his wardrobe, flinging the doors open and searching through his clothes."Where's my tunic?" he gushes.

"Link, stop!" Bryarly intervenes. "You can't possibly be thinking about going back yet! You'll never make it on your own down there, not in your state!"

"Then come with me," he says, striding over to his desk chair where his tunic and chainmail lie folded.

"Are you out of your mind?" I exclaim.

"No!" he exclaims. "I need to get back to the isle of the Goddess, I need to find the next sacred flame so that I can-" he stops abruptly, searching the room. "Where's Fi?"

"Fi?" Fledge queries.

"My sword! Where's my sword!"

"Here..." Pipit mumbles, picking up the sword from where it lay under the bed. He hands it to his friend, still looking a little concerned. "Link... we're worried about you. Can't you wait just a few more days?"

"I don't have a few days to wait," he sighs. "I've wasted enough time as it is. At first light I'm going back to the surface... are you with me or not?"

Posted

(Yay! We can adventure with Link and Fi)

Posted

Callia sighs. "Link you really should stay here-"

Link interrupts her and faces me. Oh goddess. Those blue eyes I studied for years. "Bryarly?" he pleads. This is just cruel. How am I supposed to decide?

Callia tries to come between us because she knows my weakness. "Link listen!"

He ignores her and just stares at me. He takes my hands. "Bryarly... Please," he begs.

He couldn't make this any harder for me.

Posted

I cross my arms, giving Link my worst glare. Don't get me wrong, he's my friend, but he's naive to high hell and doesn't even realise what he's doing. Even from here I can see Bryarly beginning to crumble.

"Link!" I yelp. "You know I don't like getting angry, but dammit, you've left me no choice! You could have DIED Link! You can't just stroll out of here pretending like none of this ever happened! You need to heal before you return."

He doesn't turn, doesn't even look at me.

Bryarly lets out a low sigh. "I guess as long as you're not alone... you could go..." she mumbles, her voice barely audible.

"What?!" I yell.

"Bryarly, that's crazy!" Pipit cuts in.

Link grins, giving her a hug. I notice the sudden pained expression on his face as she comes into contact with his damaged, chest, but he hurriedly tries to mask it. "I knew I could count on you, Bryarly!" he grins.

He begins packing potions and empty bottles into his adventure pouch. He places his sword in his scabbard, and pulls it on it's leather strap over his shoulder. He's beaming like a child, but the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach tells me that this isn't going to end well.