Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

We go outside again to set off on the next part of our adventure. I'm so happy that Link can come with us. Link calls for someone called Fi and suddenly she dances out of his sword in a rainbow of blue light.

"You called, Master?" Fi asks.

Posted

"What in the hell?" Emzy yelps.

"Who is that?" Pipit exclaims.

"This is Fi. She is a sword spirit and she's helping me through this all. She's very helpful," Link explains.

"Hi Fi!" Karane says.

Fi doesn't reply, she just stares emotionless.

"Err, she is a bit... odd..." Link says.

I'm not really involved in the conversation, and me and Callia are just standing next to each other. I can clearly see she's mad at me.

Posted

I'm not in the mood to talk to a 'sword spirit'. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone for that matter. It's rare that I get annoyed, I've always been known as the quiet one with her nose always in a book. I don't make a point of getting irrationally angry, and I'm completely against yelling at people. Yet today I've seen that all turn around. Between Bryarly, Link, and Gaepora I'm pretty much fit to explode.

Bryarly and I have been friends since pretty much birth. Our mums were close, so we used to play together all the time as kids. We grew up together, trained together, read together. But in all the time I've known her, I've never seen her so freaking weak. Not to mention the fact that she didn't tell me she had feelings for Link, despite the fact that I told her about Fledge? I can't help feeling a little like I'm being rejected by my best friend.

Not to mention Link. He's being stupid, acting irrationally, and frankly behaving carelessly. He's injured, he knows it, yet he refuses to just rest for a few days and let himself recover. Let alone the fact that he manipulated Bryarly. He's got a good heart, but the boy's too naive to see what he's doing.

"So where to, Eldin?" Pipit asks.

"No," Link replies, squinting as he glances across the skies. "We've got to go to the isle of songs."

"Isle of songs?" Emzy asks.

"It's inside the thunderhead..." Link replies.

Posted

"Cool! A new place!" I say, running towards the platform where we jump off.

"Wait Emzy, there are monsters in there that sometimes attack your Loftwing so you need to try and avoid them." Link says.

Callia and Bryarly don't look very happy for some reason but I decide not to question it because I only ever make arguments worse.

"Ok. Let's gooo!"

Posted

(...Where is everyone? Lol)

Posted

(Sorry, I was just waiting for Franne)

Posted

(You guys can post, I have exams and I can't post frequently for a week. But thanks for waiting! :D )

We fly on our loftwings towards a part of the sky no one has ever been to. It was closed of previously, but now, it somehow opened. We fly trough a small hole in the cloud barrier, and we reach a dark looking area. There are weird birds flying around, and like Link said, they are trying to attack us. They aren't that hard to dodge, luckily. Link is taking the lead and we just follow. Link suddenly jumps off, and we do to. We have arrived at a weird group of floating islands.

"What is this place? It looks so... old..." Emzy mutters.

Posted

(We reached 100 reviews! :D :D :D And why is no one posting? :) )

Posted

(That's epic! I was just waiting for Zurin. Lol)

Posted

(my bad, I've been a bit busy job hunting lately so I've only been able to drop in for a moment)

Curious about the place, Emzy retrieved the gossip stone from her satchel and called to Zurin. After catching him up on the situation, she explained their current location and asked him if he was familiar with the strange place. 

Back on the surface, Zurin furrowed his brow in thought. "I've never heard of any islands in the sky other than Skyloft, to be honest. You did mention something about flying into a thunderhead though, and that rings a bell. It is said a sky spirit from the dawn of creation lives within a thunderhead high above the surface; I believe this is his domain you are in. The dark clouds and strange creatures you mentioned are an ill omen though, and personally I suspect the spirit is less benevolent than he once was."

"On an unrelated note," Zurin continued, "I think it would be best if you did not mention my existence to Link. We will have to meet someday, but I do not think that time is now."

Posted

(I think we've all been busy - I've had exams and job hunting to do too!)

Link, already ahead of us and running towards the structure, doesn't hear.

"What?" Pipit exclaimed, grabbing the stone. "Zurin, that's crazy! How are we supposed to get anywhere without your help?"

"I don't know," comes the soft voice from the other side of the stone. "But I think it's for the best. We'll talk again soon, ok?"

"Hey!" Link calls, from the tiny entrance to the stone structure. "What's taking you so long?"

Emzy looks thoughtfully at the stone for a few moments, but then sets her lip firm, shoving it into her pocket. "Nothing," she calls back.

We all take to our feet, jogging over towards the entrance of the structure. It's tiny, only big enough to fit one of us at a time, and we have to crawl to get through. I sigh, getting down on my hands and knees and following in behind Karane. After much fuss and hassle, we all find ourselves on the inside of what appears to be a large circular tower.

"Where is this place?" Bryarly asks.

"It's the Isle of Songs," Link replies. "Whenever I'm here, Fi teaches me a new song. They help me to unlock silent realms, which give me items that I need."

"Silent Realm?" Fledge queries.

Link closes his eyes, momentarily shaking his head. "You don't want to know..."

Posted (edited)

Suddenly a statue of the goddess that looks like the one from Skyloft, rises up from nowhere and starts to sing. Then Link plays a harp that looks like the one Zelda had the day she went missing. Then Fi apperers and tells Link a message from the goddess and dose a strange dance.

Edited by HylianFromLandOfOoo (see edit history)

Posted

Once Fi has concluded her performance, and has translated a message for Link, he puts his beautiful harp back into his bag and turns to us.
"We're headed to Lanayru!"
"Lanayru? Really?" I sigh "I hate it there." My leg is still a little sore after our last visit to Lanayru Desert.
"Don't worry," Link says. "We just need to complete the silent realm and find the next sacred flame, then we'll be out of there."
"Yeah..." Pipit mumbles under his breath. "Because that's going to be so easy..."
"We keep hearing about these silent realms," Emzy cuts in, ignoring Pipit. "But we're not entirely clear on what they are yet. Care to explain?"
Link sighs, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand as he shifts uncomfortably. "They're pretty bad..." he muses. "They look just like the different areas of the surface - like the one I just did in Faron woods looked exactly the same. But they're only accessible by your spirit, so your physical body can't enter."
"What do you do there?" Karane asks.
"You have to collect all the tears... it sounds simple, but if you don't collect them fast enough the guardians come after you. If a guardian so much as touches you... you're done."
"It still doesn't sound so bad," Pipit shrugs.
Link just scoffs. "Just you wait."
"Well... let's not wait." Karane says, looking around eagerly. "Let's go!"
Everyone takes off towards the exit of the tower, crawling through the little hole in the wall one by one, until it's just Bryarly and I left. I turn back to look at her momentarily, but it's impossible to read her expression. So instead of pushing, I just give up and head through the hole in the wall. I don't want to waste my time when we still need to save Zelda.

Posted

We land at the north of the desert.

Fi jumps out of Link's sword. "We have arrived at Lanayru Desert. You can use your dowsing ability to locate the entrance to the trail you must pass to open the way to the sacred flame." She goes back and we continue.

I don't know what she meant by dowsing, but Link points his sword forward and leads the way. The sword directs us very close to where we were and Link pulls out his harp. A blue round pattern appears on the ground and Fi appears again. Link plays the song and Fi sings with it, and despite her robotic voice it sounds really pretty. The pattern forms a flower as the song progress. When they are ready Link puts away his harp and turns to us.

"What now?" Callia asks.

"Now I'll trust my sword into the ground and then my spirit will be transported to the silent realm," Link explains.

"How will we go? Will we all go? What if something happens to our bodies?" Pipit asks.

"I never thought about that..." Link admits.

"I'll stay here," I mutter.

Posted

"Are you sure?" Karane asks, stepping closer to Bryarly.

"She's made her choice," I say. "It's not like we can all go anyway..." I don't say that I'm not particularly keen on having her there with us.

"No, that's not a wise move... Fledge mumbles. "You're a really fast runner. If you have to get tears quickly, you should go. I'll stay!"

"Really?" I ask, feeling a little crest fallen.

"Thanks Fledge," Link says, patting him on the arm. He then reaches over his shoulder and draws his sword from his scabbard. "Come on everyone," he says "grab a hold of the sword."

We all reach out, it's a tight fit but we all manage to seize part of it's handle. We raise it high, and there's a brief pause, before we charge it back into the ground and everything fades into whiteness.

When colour returns, everything looks eerie and strange. The world is tainted with a faint blue-white glow. It should be calming, but it sends a chill right through me. As I look around at my friends, each of them is glowing strangely. Like Link said, we must just be spirits. I look around, taking in the fearsome guardians that stand, waiting, and the small orbs of light that litter the ground.

"Let's go," Pipit says, stepping forward confidently.

"Wow wow... wait!" Link cuts in his path. "Be careful! As soon as you step outside the circle the guardians awaken! Ok... just remember, find the light fruit, as they'll tell us where all the tears are. I'll make a dash for the first one, but if you stay in the circle you'll be safe. Once I've got the tear, then follow me. But whatever you do, don't step in the waking water!"

We all nod, everyone looking a little nervous now because of Link's tone of voice. He takes a deep breath, eyes closed, as if he's preparing for something. Then, slowly, he sets one foot outside of the protective barriers. There's a loud sinking feeling in my stomach as the sky suddenly burns a bloody red colour. All around us, the mechanical guardians open their eyes which glow red like warning lights. We huddle together, terrified as Link makes a dash for the closest tear, a guardian hot on his tail.

Just in time, he grabs the tear, and the guardian reappears in it's former waiting position.

"Pair up and split up" he calls to us. Emzy grabs my hand, and Pipit and Karane jump for each other. 

"We'll go left, you two head right," Pipit says to us.

"Come on Bryarly," Link calls, offering her a shaky smile "We'll go straight ahead. Good luck everyone! And remember, DON'T go near waking water!"