Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

Levias starts to shake around, which makes us hold on tightly, and he almost goes under the clouds. He doesn't do it though, and suddenly the sky clears up, making the thunderhead look like the normal sky.

"Tell me, children, were it you who brought me this most delectable cauldron of pumpkin soup?" Levias says loudly. His voice is low pitched and sounds very old and wise.

"Yes," Link speaks up.

"I must apologize for my earlier behaviour. A most peculiar and irksome pest possessed me. I was not myself. But that business is done with now! The delicious aroma of that soup has restored me to my senses," Levias continues.

"Never knew soup could do that," Emzy mutters.

"I am the great spirit they call Levias. Before she passed from this world so long ago, the goddess, Hylia, appointed me as warden of the skies. And what do they call you all?" he asks.

We all introduce ourselves and Levias laughs. "All of your parents clearly have excellent taste in names! But Link, boy... You carry a curious sword. And I sense a silent power dwelling somewhere in that little frame. Ah, I see it now. Link, you are the goddess's chosen hero. How interesting... I assume you've come to hear what I know of the Triforce."

"Yes, that's right," Link answers.

"As I suspected..." Levias says. "Listen closely, and I will tell you."

He goes on to explain that even he doesn't know where the Triforce is now, except that it is in Skyloft. I am about to make a remark that our whole search apparently is useless, when Levias suddenly says something interesting.

"Oh, but the goddess did entrust me with a hint as to the Triforce's location. The clue is a song, meant to be played on the harp you hold. It is known as the Song of the Hero."

Posted

"The Song is the key to revealing the secret location of the Triforce. The Goddess split this song into four parts. She entrusted one part to me and the other three to the Dragons of the land. You must gather each of the parts of the Song of the Hero. Seek out the dragons, and convince them to teach you their parts. When they've taught you what they know, come to me and I will complete the song with my own voice! The dragons can be found at Faron Woods, Eldin Volcano, and Lanayru Desert. Go on, then. Find the dragons you now seek!"
As he finishes his small speech, I can't ignore the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. In our time on the surface, we only met one dragon, Faron. Let's just say that it didn't go too well...

"Come on!" Link shouts through the whipping wind as he dives off the platform and into the skies again. We all follow, swooping through the thunderhead and out into the open air. We fly in silence, eventually dropping off our loftwings on the Skyloft Plaza.

"So we're going to go find the dragons of the surface then," Emzy muses. "That doesn't sound too hard, right?"

"You're forgetting about Faron!" I remind him. "She can't stand us, remember?"

"I'll sort out Faron," Link says. "Now come on, the sooner we find the pieces of the song, the sooner we can unite with Zelda!"

"Hold on," Pipit says. "Shouldn't we contact Zurin first? Let him know where to meet us?"

I try to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Good idea," Link mumbles, rummaging through his pocket and pulling out the gossip stone. "Hey Zurin!" He says into it. "We've got to find the Water Dragon Faron and get her to teach us a song. Why don't you meet us at the back entrance to her temple? You know, near to the ancient cistern?"

"NO!" Zurin's voice comes out desperate and short of breath. "There's a slight issue with the woods... the dragon became irritable and she flooded the whole area!"

"WHAT?" Bryarly yelps.

"But that's not the main issue right now!" Zurin continues. "The seal... Demise, he's close to breaking the seal once again. You need to get down here... and fast!"

Posted

Zurin pocketed his gossip stone and turned his head to the horizon. Though he and Groose had been working hard to improve that Grooseinator, something told him Demise was anticipating their weapon. "Any last minute repairs you want to make?" Zurin asked as he turned to Groose. "Nah, you've done enough," the other replied with a grin, "Keep an eye out for our friends though will ya? They'll be landing at that bird statue over there."

The others had just started floating down from the sky when Zurin materialized at the bird statue. Thankfully everyone was looking well in spite of the dire situation. "What's the situation, Zurin?" Link asked as he touched ground. "It doesn't bode well," the demon replied, "Demise is about to break out of the seal, so we need you down there. The rest of us will have to help since there's nowhere else to go. I hope you all came ready to fight."

Posted

Fear is bubbling in my stomach as we make our way along the wooden tracks for Groose's bomb flinging weapon. The ground is shaking even as we walk, making me feel like we're on a death march, headed straight towards something terrible. Link's fought this creature before, he stressed how difficult it is to defeat and how it had evolved the second time that he fought it. What if it's changed again? What if it's too strong to take down this time?"

"Aight," Groose says by way of greeting as we arrive by his 'Groosenator'. "It's good to see ya again, just a shame that ol' grease wad here is the reason why."

"How long do you think we've got?" Link asks, looking grim.

"Not long at all," Groose sighs as he wipes his brow. "The ground's been tremblin' like crazy. I reckon it'll break out any moment. You might wanna get down there."

Link nods as he turns to make his way down to the center of the pit.

"Hey Link," Pipit says. "Do you want us to help you?"

Link shrugs. "It might help, though Groose could use a hand too. Uhh... how about Emzy, Pipit, Bryarly and Karane, you come with me to the center. Callia, Zurin and Fledge, you stay up here and help Groose with the groosenator, ok?"

I nod, knowing that I'll certainly be more use aiming and calculating the strength needed than I would be trying to chase a monster. The ground begins to tremble again, shaking more ferociously than the last time.

"Come on, let's hurry!" Bryarly says. "We don't have much time to lose!"

Posted

We start making our way down until we are at the bottom of the pit. The ground around the spike seems to be inflamed, the seal markings on the ground burning an angry red. I try to keep an eye on the seal spike while I'm putting my sailcloth away, but I find that I'm having difficulty. A look down tells why: my hands are shaking terribly.

"What do we do?!" Emzy yells, her voice shaking.

"We wait until he comes out. He'll do it anyway", Link says, surprisingly calm, though I can see him shaking slightly.

The ground is shaking violently and the black smoke from the ground is growing thicker and thicker with each tremor.

Suddenly, with an ear-splitting roar, the monster rears up from the pit. It is big, impossibly big, terrifying big. It is covered in moving and shifting scales, all of which seem red in the dim light. And if that wasn't enough, it has giant teeth that look like they can devour you in one bite.

I let out a loud yelp of fear. My legs feel like they have turned into jelly, and I feel terribly sick.

"O MY GODDES!" Karane screams.

The monster bends down and lets out another loud roar.

Posted

(Ah, we've gone past where I am in the game. See, when I tried to go to Faron Woods first, Fi said I couldn't go there so I found the Eldin Dragon and now I'm looking for the Lanayru Dragon. It's not a problem though, I can just play the game more often and try to chatch up with you all.

...I'm always taking breaks from this, arnt I? I feel like I'm not really "pulling my weight" sorry about this everyone but please carry on!)

Posted

Don't go to Lanayru! You have to go there last otherwise it might cause a game breaking glitch! Go to Faron first!

Posted

Oh yeah I know about the glitch but it's okay cuz I've got the Save Upload thingy lol.

But I can't go to Faron anyway cuz Fi won't let me. Haha

Posted

Its not that Fi won't let you, its because you have to land near the sealed temple first. You'll understand why when you get there

Posted (edited)

(I only just realized that I didn't actually reply? Whoops! Sorry! I've kind of been on a massive Wind Waker kick since I got it on my WiiU so I've just been playing that for most of today! Nothing else even crossed my mind which is pretty bad considering the fact that I have a job interview tomorrow! Oh well :P )

Even from up here I can see how minute my friends are in comparison to the Brobdingnagian monstrosity. His arms, long and clumsy are stretched before him, giving him and almost zombie like presence. Short stubby legs stamp at the ground, sending out dangerous shock waves. And to top it all off, his overly large tail swings back and forth worryingly. Luckily, the spike that seals the pit crowns his head - it must be his weak spot.

"GET ABOVE HIM!" Groose bellows from behind me. "WE'LL STUN THE GREASE-WAD!"

Our friends don't reply, but they seem to have gotten the message because they start making their way towards the vents dotted around the sealed grounds. Groose runs off to grab himself a bomb, Fledge holds the Groosenator in place, Zurin wheels us around to the correct position, while I calculate the aim that we'll need to hit the creature.

Once we're all set, we launch the first shot and the bomb flies off towards the monster, striking him on his head. He's temporarily paralyzed, allowing our friends the time to jump down onto his head and ram the spike deep into his skull.

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

The Imprisoned Demise seemed to be in a world of hurt, but wasn't close to done yet. Getting back on its feet, the monster revealed what must be it's new mutation; an enormous halo that somehow causes the beast to float out of the grounds at an alarming rate. Even Zurin doesn't have time to be fascinated, and everyone else is moving double time to get a bomb flower into the Grooseinator. The bomb is set as Demise reaches the halfway point of its destination, and Zurin cranks the wagon component into place and lets the bomb loose with help from Fledge and Callia, blasting the beast out of the sky and onto his back at the bottom of the pit.

As Zurin stops the wagon back at the path to the bomb flowers, the group hears the sound of another successful attack barrage on Demise. "So far, so good I suppose, but that was far too easy..." the demon mused. Groose's face tells a different story when everyone else jumps off the cart to help place a new bomb. Turning to what must have ruined his spirits, everyone can see that the bomb flowers have been crushed by a pile of rubble dislodged by Demise. "This isn't good! Without bomb flowers we can't stun that... thing!" Groose shouted. Trying to at least move the rubble away with magic and salvage what was left, Zurin was surprised to find that he couldn't use any of his abilities; Demise had definitely realized the demon's presence and suppressed his spells. "We can use the bomb flowers anymore, see if you can get up here and help us with a new plan!" Zurin called down to the other group below. "Hurry!" Even as he spoke, The Imprisoned Demise was readying for another attempt at flying out of its prison...

Posted

"GO GO GO!" I hear someone yell above us as we sprint to the wind gusts and go up the pit. We dash towards our friends who are standing next to the catapult, urging us to run quicker. We stop and I glance towards the pit, which makes me cringe, seeing that the Imprisoned is flying up, and fairly fast too.

"Link! You got no choice! You have to get on his head! Quick now!" Groose shouts, readying the Grooseinator.

"What no! That's way too dangerous!" me and Callia yell together.

"It's like Groose said, I have no choice!" Link says as he sits ready in the catapult.

"Ok we'll send you straight for the spike on its head!" Zurin shouts and he starts wheeling the wagon into the right place.

"Here you go!" Groose yells, and Link flies across the sky, right onto the Imprisoned's head.

He lands right on top of it, quickly gets out his sword and slashes the spike back into its head.

Posted

To everyone's relief, the Imprisoned let out a final howl and disappeared in an explosion of his own scales, re-materializing as a small black stain in the bottom of his pit. Link wasted no time in activating a third seal on the tainted spot, then made his way back up to the temple entrance where his friends and the old woman stood waiting. "Thanks to everyone's' efforts, the beast has been sealed again, but we are running out of time. Link, your friends here tell me that you seek the water dragon? This will be unexpectedly difficult, considering that Faron Woods is now overflowing with so much water that a seal was necessary on my part to keep the deluge away from the grounds. I apologize, but everyone will have to find another way to the dragon; let me know if I can be of assistance."

As the old woman excused herself and Groose gave one of his usual dialogues before leaving as well, the remaining group huddled together and discussed their options. "Obviously, we can get Zurin to teleport us right in..." Callia pondered. "...but we have to worry about Faron seeing him, and that wouldn't go well at all." Fledge finished the thought for her. "I was wondering along those lines," Zurin admitted, "so I was thinking, perhaps I will move everyone to the edge of the flood and sit the rest of this one out. No matter the options though, you are all going to need these." Reaching into his pouch, Zurin handed around the scales that Faron had tossed at him so long ago. "With these you can swim in whatever puddle that dragon has conjured up, but does anyone else have ideas on how to get there?"

Posted (edited)

"I might have an idea..." Emzy says with a slight smirk. "But you're not going to like it..."

"This is absolutely INSANE!" Bryarly howls.

"It's the only way to get us over there!" Emzy replies, suppressing her giggle.

I chew the inside of my cheek. "Isn't there some other way?"

"You're the smartest one here, Callia," Pipit cuts in. "If there was another way, you should have thought of it by now! Now come on, get in!"

Reluctantly I take Pipit's arm and he pulls me up into the large spoon of the groosenator where the rest of the group is standing. Zurin watches us with a rather quesy look on his face.

"I'm not sure about this.." he muses. "What if we've calculated it wrong and you get catapulted into the great tree!"

"We've calculated it fine. Besides, there's no other way and we need to find the dragon!" Link says, bracing himself.

"Alright..." Zurin says reluctantly. "Good luck..."

We all ready ourselves for launch as Zurin pulls the Groosenator in position with a grim look on his face. There's a moment of tense silence before the ground shifts beneath us and we're all flung into the air. My stomach feels like it's been ripped right out of my body as we all fly through the open air, over the trees, out of the sealed grounds, headed right towards the giant mass of water that floods Faron woods...

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)