Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I scream as loud as I can, this is one of the most scary things I have ever done! Everything looks blurry while we're flying through the air, and we land in the clear blue water with a loud splash. I'm suddenly overwhelmed with fright when I realize that I'm in water and that I can't swim, but then I notice that I can breath underwater and float, thanks to the dragon scales. 

"THAT WAS AWESOME!" Emzy yells.

"That was horrible!" Karane screams back. "I thought we were going to die!" 

We all laugh with that statement, though I have to admit I was really scared too. 

"Lets go there!" Pipit says, pointing towards a lily pad which holds the Kikwi elder.

We climb on it, and try to dry our hats, hair and clothes a bit. 

"Kewwwwwwwww it's you all! What brings you to see me?" he asks. 

Is he kidding?

"I don't know maybe the water?" Callia says, raising her eyebrow. 

Edited by Franne (see edit history)

Posted

Bumping this back into the main forum page.

Posted

(Guys! Wake up! Sorry it's just been so long since anyone posted something here, and I really miss this :) )

Posted

(Sorry! I am here! I could have sworn I replied the other day, though I guess it didn't post :/ )

I try my best to wring the water out of my clothes as the Kikwi elder speaks, but it's not much use and seems fairly pointless as we'll have to get back in the water to swim again in just a moment.

"Kewwwww" he says in his deep voice. "It's good to see you again! Yes, things do look a bit different here, don't they? The water game gushing out of the base of the tree behind me and flooded the entire woods. I don't know what caused it, but I suppose it will clear out the monster infestation, kewww, so you won't hear me complaining!"

"Out of the base of that tree you say?" I muse. "Well I suppose that's the best place for us to start looking then."

"Ugh," Pipit grunts. "What do you want to bet that Faron threw a hissy fit and caused this flood as part of some massive temper tantrum?"

Link cocks his head to the side. "Come on Pipit, she's not that bad."

"Oh yeah?" Pipit replies. "I'll bet you twenty rupees that Faron caused this."

Link smirks. "You're on."

They briefly shake hands, before we turn, looking at the entrance way to the tree. It's hard to see, as the entire woods is submerged beneath a good thirty feet of water. We're lucky we've got the Water Dragon's scales, otherwise we'd never have made it here.

"Right then," Leala says, "Let's find that Dragon. We've got a song to learn!"

Posted

We dive back into the water, and swim towards the entrance way. The passage way is pretty tight, and we all have to swim in a line after each other. I suddenly notice my lungs start to need air. I'm confused at the start, we have the dragon scales don't we? Then why do I get the feeling I need air? I start to panic slightly, and I look around. The others are having trouble to breath as well. But then Link points at a bubble in front of us. We each swim trough, and when I swim trough it it feels like I just took a gasp for air. That reassures me and we continue. 

After a bit more swimming, we get into the middle of the tree, and swim up. We climb onto a branch that is above the water and get out. 

"That was scary, having no air..." Karane mutters. 

We try to dry our clothes a bit, and wander around. 

Suddenly, something blue comes out of the water and flies around us. 

"Faron!" Link yells. 

Posted

I'm going to get to the bottom of this. I swear it.

Posted (edited)

Knuckles? Princess? Where did you go? :(

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

((whoops I completely forgot to post in here, my bad :x ))

Separated from his friends once again, Zurin paces the tracks of the Groosinator anxiously. He presumed his friends would contact him as soon as they landed safely, but given how much time had passed perhaps something else took their attention away. "Hmm, no reason to wait around for answers I suppose," he concluded, pulling the gossip stone out of his pocket.

"Link, are you there? Is everyone alright?" the demon spoke into the stone somewhat anxiously. "Hey Zurin! We're all safe and unharmed. Thanks again for the lift!" The assurance of everyone's safety pleased Zurin greatly. "It looks like our friends at the Sealed Grounds were right, this place is completely flooded," Link continued, "We'll get to the bottom of this and find Faron so we can make some progress on that melody."

"Good luck with that, you may very well need it," Zurin replied. "As for myself, I think I'll make my way for the next province. How about we meet up at Lanayru, where you touched down on your very first visit?"

Posted (edited)

Faron narrows her eyes, a look of uncertainty and suspicion clouding her features.
"I fail to understand, Link, why such a promising young Hero associates himself with these troublemakers."
Link takes a step forward, addressing Faron without a hint of nervousness. "Because these people are my friends. They healed my injuries, aided me on my quest and defended me against my enemies. I trust them with my life, and I know that both they and I would appreciate it if you agreed to bury the hatchet with them."
I nod eagerly, too tense to come up with anything clever to say.
Faron lets out a melodramatic sigh. "For my land and it's hero, I will do so, but know that I don't like giving second chances. You'll find my temper short!"
"Thank you," I say, relief washing over me.

Posted

((merry Christmas everyone! I got A Link Between Worlds today and have been spending a fair bit of the day testing out the nice new fire rod :D ))

Zurin had immediately stopped talking and did not press Link for a response to his question once the voice of Faron erupted from his gossip stone. He was touched by the hero's resolve to support him and his friends, of course, though he felt a little embarrassed from contacting Link right in the middle of his encounter with the water dragon.

"Very well!" The voice of Faron reverberated from the stone once again, "I deduced you are here for my portion of the Song of the Hero; as a sign of my goodwill, I will teach it to you here and now." It was a good thing Faron could not see Zurin's face as he rolled his eyes at her jawing away. Admittedly the melody that followed was quite beautiful, pouring out of the stone and into his memory in a way that made it unforgettable. The demon could not be sure, but nonetheless reckoned that everyone else had the song imprinted on their memory in the same way.

Posted

(Wow... this is a long one... sorry! I got carried away... I've got plans for Eldin! ;) )

It was strange... I couldn't quite place where I recognized that song or how I knew it quite so well... all I knew is that it was hauntingly familiar. I could feel it deep inside my bones, I'd heard that before. I was sure of it.

"Thank you Faron," Link says with a smile.

Faron nods curtly. As she turns away, Karane lets out a pointed cough from the back of the group. The dragon stops still in her tracks, shooting Karane a look so poisonous, as if Karane had done the rudest thing in the world.

"What do you want?" Faron spat.

"It's just... the woods..." Karane mumbled. "Do you know why they're flooded? Maybe there's something we can do to help you clear out the water?"

A deep, throaty chuckles escapes Faron. "Oh, it was no accident, no mistake. You see, I flooded them myself. I grew tired of those ugly red monsters wondering around, so I decided to eradicate them once and for all, seeing as you failed to do so."

Bryarly frowned. "What about the Kikwi's?"

Faron lets out a heavy sigh. "Originally, I had planned to keep these woods underwater so that those awful monsters could never return. But the task laid before the hero is far from over, and you're not exactly at home in the water. I suppose I'll return the woods to their natural state. All this excitement has been rather draining. I believe I'll retire to my hall. You'd all best be on your way as well."

With that, she ducks back beneath the water and a thunderous rumbling reverberates through the tree. Suddenly, the water level around our platform begins to fall, eventually draining away entirely.

Pipit grins. "Well that was quick! It's too late to head to Eldin right now... but we could go back to Skyloft and set off in the morning."

So that's exactly what we do, we make our way out to a nearby bird statue, fly up to the sky and make our way over to the lumpy pumpkin. Kina feeds us up as well as she can, and we all settle down for a good nights sleep. As morning rolls around, we put on our clean uniform, grab some breakfast, and prepare ourselves to head down to the surface.

"We should probably call Zurin," Leala says as we head outside. "Ask him where to meet him."

Link grins. "Good idea!"

He produces the gossip stone from his pocket, holding the small device up to his mouth and speaking directly into it. "Zurin!" he greets. "We're about to head out to Eldin, where do you want to meet up?"

We all wait for a few moments. Nothing. There's no reply.

Link frowns. "Zurin..."

Again, nothing.

Pipit snatches the stone from his hands. "Zurin! Say something!"

Silence.

I swallow hard.

"Something's wrong..." Pipit says, striding ahead of the rest of the group to the diving platforms.

"Don't jump to conclusions, there might be a reason," Fledge says meekly.

"But there's not, is there?" Pipit says. "Zurin wouldn't just ignore us. Something has happened to him. Something is going on in Eldin!"

"Come on," Link says with a determined nod. "We've got to go help him."

Posted

(Merry christmas to you all! :D)

"So we just go and jump?" I ask. "What if something happens?" 

"Well do you got any other ideas?" Pipit asks a bit rude. "Let's just go."

"Ok, fine..." I mutter. That wasn't too nice. 

We jump of the diving platform and call our loftwings. We arrive at the red column of light and jump off. I search for my sailcloth and open it. 

"Hey, is it me or does it look different?" Emzy yells. 

I look around and she's right. The air is much hotter and thicker with smoke which makes it harder to see through and breath.

Suddenly it starts to rumble violently. The ground shakes and it's hard to hold on to our sailcloths.

"What is going on?!" Callia screams confused.

"It's the volcano!" Pipit yells back.

I look to my right and he's right. It's erupting.

"Hold on!" I scream as we get blown away violently.

This is bad. 

Posted (edited)

I don't know how long I was out for. I don't even know exactly what happened. I remember the volcanic eruption, and the clouds of smoke and ash. I remember being thrown off course by the strong winds... but then... I don't know.

All I can feel is my head throbbing like never before. The ground beneath my fingertips is hard and dry, a dusty stone. Carefully, slowly, I push myself up with a groan. My whole body aches as I right myself. I push my hair out of my eyes and look slowly around the room. It's small, round, built out of a yellow-brown clay. One wall is lined by thick green bars... but it doesn't look like it'll be opening any time soon.

My heart plummets.

Shakily, I get to my feet, stumbling over to the bars. I trace their shapes, checking the edges. It's built like a gate, a door, but it's buckled at the edge by a thick grey chain, much like the ones in the dungeons. On the other side of the bars is a small room with a doorway that leads outside. But there are three other barred rooms running off from the centre. All of my friends are locked inside too, making my gut twist.

Link and Bryarly are trapped opposite us, Karane and Pipit to my left, and Fledge and Emzy to my right. Karane, Bryarly and Link are just coming around, but the others are still completely out of it.

"We can't get out, believe me, I've tried," comes a soft voice from behind me. I turn, to find him sat behind me. He's been stripped of his cowl, his gloves, his goggles, and his bag. He sits, curled up against the wall, watching me with terrifyingly bright blue eyes: Zurin.

"Are you hurt?" he asks.

I shake my head, a little stunned. Of anybody, anybody to be stuck with, I got Zurin. My hands are trembling as I remember his encounter with Ghirahim... the things he did, the way he lied. Fear sends goosebumps running up my arms as he gets to his feet, walking over slowly.

I hear footsteps behind me. "Oh look, it's like a little reunion. I hate to interrupt..."

I turn, to find none other than Ghirahim stood in the open room, looking particularly pleased with himself.

Posted

My head hurts like hell.

My vision is really blurry, and I can barely identify the green blur in front of me as Link. I try to remember what happened, because I'm so confused. What the hell happened? I moan as I try to sit up, which makes me incredibly nauseous. I vaguely hear some noise, but my head is pounding so painfully I just lay back down again. I give myself a few seconds, and slowly attempt to sit back up again.

"Link?" I call, but it sounds like a whisper because my voice is pretty hoarse.

I look around and rub my fingers against my forehead. I take up my surroundings and I gasp as I realize where we are. 

We are in a prison. 

"Link?" I say again, and my voice sounds normal again. That's when I notice the way he's standing ... He's angry. 

Sound is also properly getting through again and it's getting very loud. My head starts pounding again and I cover my ears in a reflex. Then I look up. 

Who is Link yelling at? 

I hear another voice, and I distinguish it as the voice of Callia. 

I try to stand up slowly, using the clay walls as support. I grit my teeth as my head starts to hurt again, but I continue to stand up. 

I walk over to our cell door which contains of green bars that look too strong to get through. 

As I get closer I can see more of the person that Link and Callia are yelling at. It's a gray and red blur, but then I hear his voice. 

It's Ghirahim. 

We are in so much trouble. 

Posted

((I like the look of this a lot, can't wait to see what you have planned :D ))

"What are you waiting for Zurin!? Use your fire, we need you!" Link hollers from the nearby cell. The Demon Lord cackles at the proposition. "Surely you must have guessed by now; I'm focusing my power to suppress this trash's tendency for scorching things and disappearing into thin air. There is no magic to save him," Ghirahim explained. Zurin knew this was correct, as he could summon no more than a spark at full concentration since being stuck here, much less teleport everyone away.

"Well, now that you've managed to trap us," Pipit shot back, "what's next?" Upon hearing this, the dramatic, arrogant disposition that Ghirahim previously displayed was abruptly superseded by a malicious grin and eyes that demanded the sight of blood. "Remember my promise from last time? That I would deafen you with the sound of your own screams? Let's start from there and then get much, much worse."