Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

Zurin was somewhat anxious as he walked up to the door and knocked; this would be his first encounter with a friendly demon lord, after all. The door slowly opened, and from behind it peeked out a face Zurin would have never expected. The jet black eyes were normal, but literally every other aspect suggested this was an extensively altered demon lord. "Ah... pleased to meet you. My name is Zurin; I'm a friend of a friend, you might say." The other demon was no longer as afraid, but more confused. "H-hello, uh... Mr. Zurin. Are you a friend of that nice man in green?" he replied. "Please, come in!"

Inside the modest shack, the two demons learned or each other rather quickly. Just as his friends said, the other demon was named Batreaux, and he was looking into alternative methods to becoming human. He didn't have magical abilities, so he mostly followed rumors to figure out how one could rid themselves of demonhood. If Zurin had to guess, the wild body alterations were probably a result of dead-end rumors gone bad, but he didn't pry into that topic. "Well, it really is wonderful to know I'm not alone in the struggle to become human. Thank the goddess I was able to meet you with my own eyes!" Zurin said. "Ohh, you make me blush, Zurin!" Batreaux replied bashfully.

At that moment, the gossip stone around Zurin's neck began to glow, Link's voice calling out to Zurin saying something about another silent realm. "Link, I must be mishearing you. Did you say there's another silent realm you have to complete?" "It wasn't a joke, and we need your help!" Link replied. "How are we going to search the whole sky for another of these stupid things!?" "Ok, ok, let's think this through." Zurin said as he thought it over. "Start by looking in Skyloft and go from there. I'm probably stuck here at the moment until the sun goes down again, but don't worry about me; the rest of you need to find that silent realm and open the way to the Triforce as soon as possible!"

Posted

"Ok, see you soon," Link says to the gossip stone and he puts it away again. We fly to the plaza in Skyloft and get to the bazaar to get a few things and refill our potions.

"I am not going into another silent realm," I say as I sit down between Callia and Emzy. 

"I don't know," Callia sighs. 

"We'll see, but no one has to," Emzy smiles. "Come on." she says as Link, Pipit and Karane walk out the bazaar.

"So, let's find the entrance shall we?" Link says, and it sounds like he absolutely doesn't feel like going into the horror of the silent realm again. Which is very understandable.

He takes out his sword and starts dowsing. It immediately strarts making a beeping sound.

"This might be actually not that hard," Link says hopefull.

His sword leads us to the plaza, where there are three blessed butterflies flying around a spot on the ground.

Posted

I watch nervously as Link plays his harp and yet another flower mark forms on the ground of the plaza. Once he's finished, Fi vanishes into his sword, which he begrudgingly pulls from it's scabbard.

"So..." he mumbles. "Who's coming?"

Everyone looks around at each other, no one wanting to say a word. Eventually, the silence becomes too much to bear and I let out a heavy sigh.

"Let's be honest here. No one wants to go, but Link doesn't have that option and we can't leave him to face it on his own!"

"Great!" Pipit says. "Callia will go with you!" he says with a cocky smile.

I shoot him a poisonous look. "What I was about to say, was that I think we should all go. This is the last trial, it's going to be the hardest. In a couple of days... this quest is going to be over and we'll be back to our regular lives... sword training and classes and flying lessons... so I say we all do it."

"Good idea," Bryarly says, but I still can't shake the bitter taste from my mouth. Saying those words out loud reminded me of just how short lived this adventure will be. It never occurred to me up until now, but it's going to come to an end and we're all going to have to go back to normal. But I don't want to, I don't want to go back to the way things were. I can't live surrounded by people who are so content with this tiny little island... what about Gorko? And the Kikwi elder? ...what about Zurin? Between all the friends we've made and the wonderful places we've discovered... I don't want to go back. And I'm sure I'm not the only one...

"Come on then," Link says, gripping the hilt of his sword. We all reach out to touch the weapon, and he plunges it deep into the ground. A shiver runs down my spine as the world shatters one last time.

Posted

This has to be the scariest one yet.

It looks exactly the same like the other ones, like everything having a bluish glow, and nothing alive running around. Just guardians who look peaceful, for now. It's also so quiet here... Not even our breathing makes a sound... Nothing like the Skyloft we're used to.

But that's not the scariest.

The terrifying thing, is that this world, is my home, Skyloft.

I wonder if anyone notices back home that we are in a other dimension Skyloft. I decide to stop bothering about it and focus on the task ahead.

"This is so creepy..." Callia breathes. 

"I know..." I whisper. I'm already getting sick without the guardians chasing us. 

"So what now?" Emzy asks. "Are we going to split up?"

Posted

After saying goodbye to his new friend Batreaux, Zurin decided to try something a bit bold; climbing the ladder at the end of the catwalk, he emerged in a very small graveyard away from the general public. He proceeded to lay low in the nearby shed and scan the area for his friends which drew his gaze to a small crowd of people. Although it hadn't been too long since the last time he called Link, this was a special case, so he decided to give that a try.

"Hello, Link? Where are you now?" Zurin spoke into the stone. It didn't take long for Link to reply. "Zurin, we're in the last silent realm. It's too bad you missed out here, you're probably the only one of us who'd enjoy this. We're in a realm based off Skyloft!" The sound of an empty Skyloft Zurin could explore at his leisure was tempting. "Perhaps I'll get a chance at the real thing sometime." the demon replied. "At any rate, I'll wait for you to return from the silent realm, then we can discuss what to do next."

Posted

Link pockets the stone, turning around to look at us all. "Right," he says in a deep voice. "I'll make a dash for the first tear. You guys stay here where it's safe until I've got it.

We all nod, and Link makes his way over to the edge of the circle. He takes one last deep breath before setting one foot outside of the circle. The moment his foot touches the ground, everything changes. The horrific fear spreads over my skin and blood leaks through the sky. Bright red eyes gleam through the haze, and the guardians leap to life. Link takes off in a dash, heading straight for a tear a good distance ahead of us. The guardians are hot on his tail, brandishing their terrifying weapons, metal armour clanking with every movement.

The guardian is too close... the tear is too far away... he's never going to make it.

Then just as the guardian raises his weapon above Link, everything cools, and the guardian returns to his original place. The trepidation filled silence sets in, and we all dash over to meet Link.

He breathes a sigh of relief while Emzy dashes over to collect a Light Fruit, sparking blue beams all over the island.

I glance around. "Ok, let's do this logically... Emzy and Fledge, you take the ones by the academy and the Lake. Bryarly and Karane, the tears near to the plaza and bizarre. Link and I will tackle the lake and the ones on the other side of the river."

We all nod, breaking up and splitting off to our separate areas.

Posted

... hello?  :o_o:

Posted

((ah, I've been very busy but I'll make a post now :o ))

The rest of Zurin's friends had been in the silent realm for quite a while now, and it was late afternoon when he finally got a chance to move around Skyloft undetected. Making a quick jump across the nearby lake, he came across a mostly unaltered part of the enormous floating rock with a cave on the far end of the shore. There was little else to do now other than look for clues as to where the Triforce might be, and this untouched spot looked suspicious.

The only man-made object nearby was a bust of a one-eyed bird facing the rock face of another section of town. Zurin didn't know anything about human architecture, but the positioning of the bust didn't make a bit of sense to him. Perhaps he would bring this up with his friends when they finished the silent realm.

Posted

((Sorry! I've been super busy with my exams but it's over and I'm here!))

"Phew! That was close," Link says as we slip out the other side of the bridge. There was a guardian patrolling one end, making it virtually impossible to cross the bridge without alerting him.

"Come on!" I say, glancing at the vessel of light in his hands which is now about two thirds full. "We can't have very long left to get the next tear!"

The two of us dash up the hill and over towards the pumpkin patch, but we stop dead in our tracks as we set eyes on the tear. It rests right in the middle of the pumpkin patch, and it's patrolled by a complete circle of moving guardians with lamps... there's only tiny gaps to pass through.

"Goddess damnit..." Link mutters, running his hands through his hair.

I narrow my eyes as I begin to walk around the circling guardians in an even larger circle, carefully studying the spaces between guardians.

Link frowns "What are you-"

"Here!" I exclaim. "There's a slightly larger gap when they reach this point. I think it's big enough for one of us to slip in."

"Slipping in isn't the problem," Link mutters, standing next to me and studying the gap. "I mean, if you wake them up on the way in, it doesn't matter because there's a tear right there... but it's getting out again that's the problem."

I chew my lip. "Think you can handle it?"

He tilts his head to the side, letting out a heavy sigh. "There's only one way to find out."

He makes a dash for the gap, managing to slip in without a problem and grab the tear. He pauses, looking around at the guardians encircling him. He takes a deep breath and pushes through the gap, but his shoulder just knocks under one of the guardians lamps and he goes spiralling into the air. Red seeps through the sky like blood clouding in water, causing my stomach to drop.

"RUN!" I yelp as Link dives away from the guardian. The two of us take off, dashing over the hill.

"Dear Goddess I hope someone's near a tear..." Link gasps.

Posted

Under the cover of darkness and with everyone in their homes, Zurin took the chance to wander the city streets. He should have been looking for clues about the Triforce, but it was too great a temptation to see all of Skyloft; walking through the place almost made him feel like he belonged there. Thinking about that made him deeply miserable, though, so he quickly set out to find his friends. 

It didn't take long to find Link and the rest of the group; they were the only people still outside as far as he could tell. Assuming they had dealt with Levias fairly quickly, everyone must have been in that silent realm for nearly a quarter of the day now. "Not much I can do to remedy that, I suppose..." Zurin said as he gazed upon everyones' hands still clasped on the Master Sword. Out of curiosity, he reached out to examine the hands on the sword, laying his own on the tip of the pommel. "Oh, and I would have expect-" The words never finished leaving his mouth, or at least his ears never heard them, as everything went to white and the horrible feeling of Zurin's spirit flying out of his body enveloped him. The utter chaos quickly subsided and his sight returned, though only for him to behold a blood-red sky and dozens of ironclad Guardians sprinting every which way.

"Zurin!?" someone hollered from somewhere. It sounded like Callia. "Callia, is that you?" He replied. "Where am I? Is this the Silent Realm?"

Posted

"NO TIME TO EXPLAIN!" I yell, leaping off the ceiling of a house, just behind Link. "FIND A TEAR! AND FAST!"

I can hear the sound of the guardian's feet thundering against the ground, but I don't want to turn around, I don't want to know how close by they are. Link and I race back across the bridge, desperately searching the area for a tear to get, but it's almost clean.

Link lets out a loud yelp of fear as a guardian catches sight of us and begins to pursue us from the left. We turn, dashing up the steps back to the main plaza. I glance around, searching for Zurin. How the hell would he have gotten here? I thought he was hiding out? How long have we been here? Before I have the time to answer any of my own questions, I'm dragged back to reality as I see a guardian loom over my shoulder. I let out a squeak, ducking and rolling out of the way just as his giant weapon slams into the ground. He picks it back up, and readies himself to take another swing, but suddenly everything cools.

"I've got it!" Zurin yells from above us. We glance up, and find Zurin stood near to the plaza.

"Good work!" Karane yells from where she stands on the steps of the academy.

Zurin is beaming, but I don't think it's because he just saved us all. I think it's because he can walk freely in Skyloft... at least, in the silent realm.

"Just the one tear left..." Bryarly says, glancing at the vessel of light. "But the question is... where is it?

Posted

"It will be hard to tell from this location," Zurin replied, "Perhaps we should search for it on top of that tower in the plaza." Everyone agreed to this and ran for the tower. Spotting the last tear was easy, but it was located across town and there was precious little time left to get it. Zurin immediately tried teleportation but found that magic was impossible here, to everyone's dismay. How could that even happen?

"Well, guess we have to sprint for it. You guys just wait here ok?" Link said, not even waiting for a response as he jumped straight off the tower. Mortified, Zurin ran to the structure's edge and saw Link collide with the ground, as he didn't have a sailcloth here, but he wasn't permanently injured at all. This place continued to baffle him; perhaps spirit forms were just more durable. Link barely reached the tear in time, but it was enough to stop the guardian directly behind them from waking up and skewering someone, so everyone let out a huge sigh of relief as Link ventured back to the beginning where everyone else had moved to.

A thought popped into Callia's head at that point. "By the way, Zurin, how did you even get here? Isn't it still daytime in Skyloft? Did you make it here alright?" Zurin had forgotten his friends didn't know what had happened outside. "Actually, it's past sunset in our world now, so I was able to walk around quite easily," this news shocked everyone; they knew the trial was taking a long time, but not that long, "and as for getting here, it was an accident. I only touched the Master Sword and the next thing I knew, this place appeared in front of me."

Posted

"Hmm..." I mumble. "It looks like we don't all have to enter at the same time."

The others nod in agreement, and together we make our way over towards the beam of light that marks the entrance and exit to the silent realm.

"Well I will not miss this place!" Pipit exclaims, hands on hips as he surveys the silent realm one last time.

Karane lets out a soft laugh, and the group of us step into the beam of light. The eerie world vanishes from around us in a blinding flash of light, which quickly fades to reveal Skyloft as we know it. The sun has long vanished from the sky, leaving the land in a soft velvety darkness. There are a couple of glowing green chus slowly slugging around the paths, but other than that, the island is empty. Everyone must be long asleep by now.

"Wow, you weren't kidding, Zurin," Bryarly whispers. "We must have been in there for ages."

As we all step off the flower crest on the floor of the plaza, Fi suddenly emerges from Link's sword. She studies us for a second, emotionless, before speaking.

"Congratulations, Master. You have passed all of the trials. This is the stone of trials."

She summons something from her winged limbs. A large red gem floats in the air just in front of Link, with a goddess crest imbeded deep in the rock. We all stare at it in astonished silence.

"This is one of a pair," Fi informs us. "Another similar object with a mark just like this exists somewhere on this island. Combining the two should open the way to the Triforce. I suggest you search for that matching stone." And with that, she vanishes back into the hilt of the sword.

The red gem drops into Link's palm, and he holds it up in front of the moon, examining it with one eye closed. We're all watching him carefully, but Zurin in particular. His eyes are glazed, his mouth open a little.

"Where the heck are we supposed to find another one of those?" Karane asks.

"I know where..." Zurin whispers.

He takes off suddenly, dashing across the plaza and towards the steps without so much as a backwards glance. "COME ON!" he yells.

We all exchange bemused glances, but decide to follow Zurin anyway. We're all racing across the plaza, struggling to find footing in the poorly lit night  as we stumble up and down the steps. But as we reach the shores of the lake, Zurin stops short just a few paces ahead of us. As we catch up, I find him looking at a remlit kitten curled up on the dusty earth.

"Be careful," I say. "Those things turn... nasty at night."

The remlit stretches on the ground, arching it's furry back and stretching out its paws. Even from here, I can see it's sharp pointed fangs as it yawns. Suddenly it leaps into life, turning, and looking at us all. It bares it's horrific teeth, digging it's sharp claws into the ground. But suddenly, it's cool yellow eyes fall on Zurin, and the creature immediatly calms.

We all watch in confused silence as the kitten slowly approaches Zurin and begins rubbing up against his legs. Zurin's face melts into happiness as he stoops down and picks up the little ball of fluff into his arms, cuddling it close to his chest.

"You are quite possibly the most adorable thing I've ever seen," he mumbles, stroking the remlit under it's chin.

"Why do remlits hate us but love Zurin?"

I shrug. "Possibly because he's a demon?"

"This is all very touching..." Pipit says. "But haven't we got more pressing matters to attend to?"

Posted

(I am so sorry I haven't replied in months! I've just been so incredibly busy! But now I'm back! :D )

"We do," I sigh. "But let's go to sleep. I'm exhausted. Stupid silent realms.."

"But I know where to go!" Zurin yells. 

"Zurin. It's pitchblack outside!" Karane says.

"But don't you guys feel it! Our adventure is coming to an end! We have to continue!" Zurin insists eagerly. 

"Zurin, Bryarly might be right. If our adventure really is coming to an end, we should rest. We'll need it," Link says firmly. 

Zurin looks down. "Ok. Everybody here at 8 in the morning?"

"7 would be better," Callia points out. "The bazaar opens at 8 and it's the time everyone usually gets up."

"Ok then. 7 it is. See you all tomorrow," Zurin yells as he heads to the cave.

"Let's go," Emzy yawns.

We head to the knight academy and all say goodnight to each other. 

Posted

Zurin parted with his friends and headed for the cave a bit crestfallen. They were close now, so close... why did they have to falter? His sadness turned to frustration as the night went on and he thought of his friends, all cozy in their beds with other humans around them. "What did I do to deserve this..." Zurin said aloud. That selfish way of seeing things was creeping back into his mind, the sort of thinking that led to making Ghirahim. He knew it, but he didn't try and stop it. "Yes, I think it's time for me to take the reins. A bit of motivation never hurt anyone."

A quick jump through the city streets and into the Knight's Academy was no problem, even with Zurin's lack of familiarity with the place. Finding Link's room was even easier thanks to the labelled doors, and soon he was peering over the hero's satchel while the owner slept. He was out of the room and then back in the cave with the object he needed; there was no going back now. He gazed at the stolen prize, the Stone of Trials, and thought of the next step. At the break of dawn, he would use the stone at the spot he found earlier, open up the resting place of the Triforce, and pressure his friends into following him. For now, they could sleep, and so would he, but tomorrow would bring this journey to a very speedy end.