Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

Zurin regained consciousness fairly quickly, bolting upright and recalling his situation. Ghirahim was able to get the drop on him, of course, which meant he wasn't looking for a fight. Whatever was going on, he was desperate. "And a desperate Ghirahim," Zurin concluded, "is one that makes a lot of errors. Now is the time to strike."

It was an easy warp from the forest to the Sealed Grounds, where Zurin only barely caught the sound of a great explosion within the temple doors. Inside, Ghirahim was giving some absurd monologue to someone, presumably Link and his friends. The look on the demon lord's face was priceless when the temple doors flew open and both demons were face-to-face once again. Around the room, Pipit, Karane and Fledge were out cold from the explosion, Emzy was on her back but propped up by her arms to see, while Byarly, Callia, and Link were down on one knee. Groose, the old lady, and Zurin were the only ones standing now.

"Hmph. You really know when to drag your ugly hide in at the worst possible moment." Ghirahim spoke with utter disdain. "But I don't have time right now to grind my heel into any of your worms." Spinning about, he delivers a great kick that sends Groose and the old lady to the floor a good distance away. As their enemy fled with his prize, Zurin took a quick look around the room at his friends. "...sorry, for everything." He said, his heart full of misery, as he leaped into the Gate of Time after Ghirahim.

Posted

Link let's out a hefty grunt as he staggers to his feet, but he doesn't get further than a few steps before the weight of his sword and shield drag him back down again. That explosion... hit hard. I reach over, dragging my satchel onto my lap and pulling out five stamina potions.

"Here..." I say, handing them out to Link, Bryarly, Emxy, and Groose. "These should keep us going until we get over the impact of that..."

"What about the others?" Bryarly asks as she uncorks the bottle and necks the toxically green liquid.

"We don't have the time," I mutter, hating myself for it. But I can't deny the truth. Whatever's going on, whatever Ghirahim plans to do to ressurect Demise in the past, isn't going to end well for Zelda. And goddess only knows what Zurin's up to. I don't know where he came from or who's side he's on, it's his apology that confused me. Was he apologising for what he did? ...or what he's about to do?"

I down the disgusting potion in a few gulps and collect the empty bottles from my friends. The five of us clamber up to our feet, and with silent nods of mutual agreement, we take off, running through the Gate of Time.

You're not getting away with it this time, Ghirahim.

Posted (edited)

"Impa!" Link yells and he runs towards her. She is sitting on the ground, clearly injured.

She grunts. "Urgh... Link...? It's Ghirahim... He appeared out of thin air and got the drop on me. But don't worry about me... You must chase after him! All of you! He ran through the great doors, you may yet catch up with him before it's too late. Please, hurry!"

"We'll save her," Link says. 

"Go!" Impa yells after us. 

Link opens the doors and we are outside. For a moment, it seems as we are back at the present, but this is the past. Demise isn't dead yet here. Zelda's captured.

Suddenly we hear a loud snap. It's Ghirahim. 

Thousands of golden diamonds crash down on the earth, preventing us from jumping to the bottom.

We run towards the gate and Emzy tries to break through. 

"It's no use..." Callia sighs. 

We watch down the pit where Ghirahim stands, performing some kind of ritual on Zelda, who is laying peacefully on the ground. 

"Zelda!" Link yells. "Leave her alone!" 

Suddenly he stops and laughs. He holds his hands above Zelda and all of a sudden, golden light comes out of her. My stomach aches as I get the scary feeling that that golden light, is her soul. She grunts in pain, but is still unconcious. She starts floating and moaning in pain even more. 

"No! Stop!" I yell as hard as I can. 

But Ghirahim ignores us. "Hear me, my hordes! The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns! Until then, you WILL keep those whelps from interfering with my ritual!"

He makes a gesture and thousands of bokoblins appear out of thin air. 

"I don't care if the whole lot of you get lodged on the end of their blades. You will buy me the time I need! Do not fear them... Fear my wrath if you fail me!" Ghirahim yells. 

The ground starts rumbling because of the hordes of bokoblins charging to us. The air gets dark and clouded. 

This is it. 

I sigh, pray and take out my sword.

Edited by Franne (see edit history)

Posted

The trip through the Gate of Time is slightly unsettling, but quick. Zurin arrived in a different-looking temple interior, but the same location nonetheless. Ghirahim was only a few hundred paces ahead, but as he exited the gate if looked as if several people had already come and gone. A woman lay on the floor injured but conscious, and only makes a slight grunt when Zurin walks by. "Here, use this" he says to the woman quickly, giving her a red potion he brewed over the last couple days. "... This is unexpected. Who are you, and where do you come from?" Zurin gave a warm smile in reply. "My name is Zurin, from Eldin, and I've come here to fix the mess I made."

Dashing out of the doors, the outside terrain appears to be exactly as it was a thousand years ago. This could only be the period immediately after Demise was contained by the Goddess; even the Sealing Spike on his prison wasn't implemented yet. Already his friends had made it here and started battling an endless horde of monsters, despite entering the gate after him. Had too many people within the corridors of time caused a time break? There wasn't any time for musing now though, so Zurin immediately teleported down to the bottom of the pit, facing Ghirahim. The spell on Zelda had already begun and would continue doing its work without supervision. "Didn't I say there was no time-" Ghirahim began, but Zurin cut him off. "Not another word or I will fill your very lungs with fire, wretch." He shot back. The demon lord scowled heavily and ran at him for a punch, but was too slow again with his fists.

It was a fierce battle, with Ghirahim attempting to replicate his strategy of overwhelming Zurin and delivering a severe blow, while he prioritized dodge-and-counter tactics rather than the usual barrage of flames. He silently cursed himself for making Ghirahim so resilient, as the flames were only chipping away at his endurance. Until Link arrived, Zurin could only buy himself time...

Posted

It takes us a long time and a lot of hits, but eventually, we defeat the bokoblin hordes and make it to the bottom of the Sealed Grounds where Zurin and Ghirahim are already battling. A little of my fear subsides as I realise that this time, Zurin is on our side.

As Link takes a step closure to the Demon Lords, their battle comes to a lull. Zurin is fighting to catch his breath as Ghirahim turns, looking at us. His expression sours to a horrified grimace as he turns, cape billowing in the wind. "You're far too quick, children!"

Link takes a step forward, unleashing a warning swipe with his sword.

Ghirahim turns his full attention to Link. "I realise a simple child like you knows nothing of magic, but spells like this take time and a steady hand! Can't you wait quietly like a good boy? HMM! You petulant brat... You've pushed me too far. I've waited my whole existence for this! This is my moment! You know what? Fine!"

He unleashes a growl of anger, swinging his arm underneath Zelda's floating body and propelling her high up into the air. I stare up at her in silence, horrified as she lets out a groan of pain.

"If you're so intent on hurrying to your grave, I'll be happy to show you the way!" Ghirahim continues, turning to look at each of us in turn. "ALL of you... especially you," he spits as his eyes fall on Zurin. "This time there will be no heroic escape. I was a fool to toy with you and let you walk away with your life before, but I won't make that mistake again."

He stoops down, placing the palm of his hand against the dusty earth. Blackness begins to swell through the dusty ground as the rusty coloured diamonds begin to rush up from the ground, increasing in speed with every passing second, Ghirahim becomes enveloped by the ferocious red diamonds as his growls increase in volume.

"What's he-" Emzy begins, but Zurin cuts her off.

"No..." he mutters, his voice low, but panicked. "NO!" He turns to us, a tone of urgency in his expression. "You need to get away... get out of here, NOW!" he yells.

"What in the name of Hylia is he doing?" Pipit yells, instinctively taking a step back.

I just watch in silence as the rusty diamonds turn the same onyx black as Ghirahim's pupils. The ferocity is ever increasing, the diamonds now forming a swirling tempest around Ghirahim's hunched figure.

"That... I promise!" Ghirahim yells as he reaches upwards, sending the blackness up in a powerful jet above him.

Posted

"He's synthesizing his powers to transform his body. Ghirahim is more than just an artificial demon lord-" A terrible rumbling causes Zurin to stop and regain his footing, followed by the entire floor lifting from beneath them. A few people take heed of the warning and back off to the edge of the arena, but Link, Zurin, Callia, Emzy, and Byarly all stand their ground as the diamond-studded floor lifts them to dizzying heights. "...he's an invincible weapon with the soul of a demon." Zurin finished as the column of black faded.

For the second time in his life, Zurin beheld the horrific true form of his creation; his smooth, black skin hard as diamond protected artificially enhanced muscles powerful enough to punch holes in a shield. The face was unlike any other creature, perpetually full of malice with marble-colored eyes that could spot a combatant's weak spot in seconds. His crystal heart was his only weakness, encased in grey metals only the demons could forge.

"Now you stand before a demon... or should I say, a weapon without mercy." Ghirahim finally spoke with a voice like grinding steel. "For your insolence, I've prepared this death for each of you. I even have a pet name for it- the Endless Plunge. First I will send the weakest of you over the edge of this platform, and as your friends watch your bodies beak and crash on the cliffs of this place, their spirits will be shattered completely before they beg me for death. Your wretched corpses will make a great feast for the Demon King!"

Posted

"He's mad!" I yell. I'm so scared... How will we defeat this?

Link immediately starts slashing at Ghirahim, but Ghirahim blocks everything. 

Pipit tries to help Link, but when his sword makes contact with the stone hard skin of the demon, a large crack appears in his sword, almost breaking it. 

Only the master sword can deal with this sort of evil I suppose.

"You got to be kidding me!" Emzy grunts.

"What the hell are we going to do!" Karane yells.

Link's back with slashing at Ghirahim, and this time, it looks like Ghirahim's slightly going backwards. 

"That's it Link! Keep slasing until your at the edge!" I yell.

"Zurin! Help him!" Emzy yells. 

Posted (edited)

But Ghirahim suddenly lashes back, performing a round house kick that knocks us all back and gives him more ground.

"Spread out," I call out to my friends as we clamber back up. "But stay away from the edge... he can't get us all at once."

Ghirahim looks around at us all, and I can see the metaphorical cogs ticking away behind his marble coloured eyes. He's trying to analyse which one of us is the weakest fighter, but I already know that answer to that question...

He turns to me, the malice fixed on his almost solidified features. I'm surprised as he approaches that he doesn't produce a weapon, instead, he just clenches his fists tight. I watch as his glassy muscles tense, giving me the opportunity to prepare for his moves.

He unleashes a speedy drop-kick, but I manage to duck before he lands a hit.

"Callia! Be careful!" Bryarly screams.

I nod, but don't take my eyes off Ghirahim. He clenches his fist tighter, drawing it back to throw a punch, which gives me an opening. I swing my sword in and it clangs against his metallic form, but I don't think it so much as scratches.

"The diamond!" Zurin shouts. "It's his weakness! Aim for it!"

Ghirahim narrows his eyes, clearly growing frustrated with my incompetent fighting skills already, but I've got a plan. I wait for him to swing back again, but this time, I direct my sword in a sharp stab. The very tip of the blade digs into the small crack between the layers of the diamond shaped metal on his chest. He glances down, smirking that I didn't break the diamond, but that wasn't my plan.

I twist my sword around to the right, causing the inner-most layer of the diamond to break off with a loud crack.

And that's when he loses his patience.

He lets out an angry growl, delivering another swift kick that lands me on the collar bone. I'm thrown backwards, reeling around. My stomach plummets as I feel my tunic scrape against the cold magical floor. But what makes my gut ache even more is when I feel the floor vanish. I let out a yelp, closing my eyes as I feel my torso flip over the edge.

It's only as the fall comes to an abrupt stop that I realise I'm clinging onto the edge with both my hands. I can feel the sharp edge of the diamond tiles biting into the skin of my palms, but it's nothing compared to the feeling of knowing there's nothing but a sharp drop beneath me.

My fingers are already aching, Ghirahim looms over me with a smirk, and I can hear someone screaming my name. But all I know is that I can't hold on much longer...

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

Ghirahim makes a dash for Callia, but Zurin creates a fiery blast at his feet, tripping him completely and sending him over the edge. He makes a grasp for Callia but misses and lands on a hastily conjured platform below. "Link, I'll take care of Callia! Put a finishing blow into Ghirahim's chest! Everyone else, follow Link to the next platform, this is far from over." Zurin directed as best he could, then dashed to save his friend. "I've got you now, don't worry." he said as he grabbed her hand, teleporting them both to the next ledge.

The battle was back on, with Link having delivered a successful blow to Ghirahim's center. Driving him near the edge again, the demon lord employed a new tactic. Charging his hands with electrical energy, he collided the attack with Link's sword and stunned the hero for just enough time to counter-roll off of him. This put Link at a huge disadvantage, which Ghirahim was about to take advantage of with a potentially fatal kick. Byarly was close by and able to swat the kick out of the air with a mighty sword blow, but the attack caused her blade to snap completely in two. Covering for the loss, Link quickly dashed around the smug Ghirahim before he could harm Byarly and knocked him over the edge again with a vertical strike in the back. 

Down on a third platform now, and with two successful blows on Ghirahim's chest, the fight got easier. Coordinated attacks between Link and the rest of the group quickly sent him over the platform one last time, and with a third finishing blow to the chest, Ghirahim was forced to lower the fight back to solid ground.

Posted

(For the final battle, I don't think we should go with Link to Demise... It would be no use, and it's just something for the hero of legend, you know :) Tell me what you guys think!)

Ghirahim's in pain, that's not hard to see. He's breathing heavily which sounds very metalic, and he's clutching his diamond, now cracked.

But he quickly recovers and snaps his fingers, summoning a very dangerous looking black sword.

Link immediatly runs up to him, but it's simply no use against Ghirahim's blocking skills. 

I'm panicking, I don't have a sword anymore, and Ghirahim's strong.

Suddenly Ghirahim raises his sword skyward, doing the same thing as Link used to do with his sword. But Ghirahim's sword now glows red, and he releases the beam towards us. 

"Look out!" I scream as I roll aside as well.

Link jumps aside right on time luckily, but Emzy was too slow. She gets hit, and falls on the ground.

"EMZY!" Callia and I yell at the same time. We run towards her and Callia quickly rummages through her pockets, trying to find a health potion.

"Go! Fight! I'll be fine!" she yells at us.

Callia picks out a potion. "Emzy-" 

"GO! I can handle it!" she yells, opening the bottle.

We nod and run back in the battle.

Link is now trying to hit the beams with his sword, but it's dangerous. 

I pray for the goddess not to let him get hit.

Please, Hylia... Let us all just.. survive this...

Posted

(( I have to say I agree... any thoughts Knuckle? ))

Ghirahim stretches upwards, causing his sword to glow with the same red electrified magic. He unleashes the power, and it comes swirling towards Link in a wheel. He raises his sword, bashing the magic away, which causes it to fly off in a lopsided circle.

Zurin summons his own magic, conjuring a fireball between the palms of his hands. He launches it over towards Ghirahim, distracting him for a few moments and giving Link and opening in which to deliver a few vital stabs to the now opened diamond shape on Ghirahim's chest. He grunts in agony, before pushing himself back to his feet. I can tell that his power is beginning to wane a little with every stab Link delivers.

Emzy clambers back up to her feet, standing beside Link and Karane where they battle. I rush over, handing my sword to Pipit. "Here," I say. "You're a stronger fighter than I am!"

Zurin conjures yet another fireball, launching it back to Ghirahim, which gives Link yet another opening in which to unleash a number of powerful thrusts into the diamond centring Ghirahim's chest. As he he drops to his knees on the dusty earth, he looks up, his eyes burning with hatred as he heaves for breath.

Posted

Could he be... dying? I don't know if demons can die, but it looks like he is...

"This... This is preposterous. Driven to my knees by you Link, a simple child of man. Laughable!" he breathes heavily. "And you!" he spats at Zurin. "You... I have a little surprise for you. You all... But no matter how many times we clash, I can't prevail! You think I can't defeat you? You think I can't win?? Boy... What are you?"

He suddenly starts laughing, and the brief feeling that it might have been over disappears as quickly as it came up.

The seal on the ground beneath us starts glowing red again. 

He start to laugh again. "Ah... But never mind that. Victory is still mine to savor. While we fought, the ritual I starte continued... At last, it's complete! The demon king shall devour the soul of the goddess and resurrect in his full glory!"

"No..." I whisper.

Ghirahim raises his arms up, and the seal starts to glow even harder. It's hot, it feels like... Like hell...

Posted (edited)

Dum dum dee dum let's just ignore this

Posted

((Oh, I have something in mind ;) ))

Up adobe, Zelda screams in pain as a huge, black head bursts out of the ground. It lumbers forward as everyone stands still, unable to even comprehend stopping a completely invulnerable Demise. Zelda releases one last shriek of pain that seems to go on forever, and finally stops once the last of her soul is extracted in the form of a golden mist and disappears in the abomination's mouth.

The sacrifice of the goddess' soul ends with a huge vortex of red mist and purple thunder around Demise, eliciting a maniacal laugh from Ghirahim. This is enough to send Zurin over the edge; igniting all the air he can muster, he launches an incredible jet of fire at the demon lord, enough to drown out almost everything else going on. Even as the red and purple lights faded, his flames continued to light up the bottom of the pit.

"Cease this at once, Zurin"

At the sound of that horrible, familiar voice, Zurin stopped his assault immediately. He couldn't bear to even look to his right, where the fully revived Demise must have stood, but he could picture him in his terrified mind all the same; muscles like bounders, skin covered in demons' scales, hair like hellfire, and eyes that would kill with their stare if possible.

Ghirahim was the first target, unsurprisingly. Demise gripped him with telekinesis like a cheap marionette, draining out his remaining power to conjure the sword Zurin had forged the demon king so long ago. What remained of his body evaporated into spirit energy, re-powering the sword so it could slice through all manner of armor with blasphemous might.

"Fetch me the Triforce, Zurin."

Whatever action Zurin could have taken to refuse that command was voided when something like fire exploded within his mind. He couldn't even see; though he felt nothing was happening to his body externally, all he could see was fire. When his mouth spoke, the words that came out weren't from his heart at all, and the voice was that of Demise.

"I am Zurin, greatest of the demon lords. The Trifoce will belong to us!"

((oops, looks like I posted at the same time as you :o What would you like to do?))

Posted (edited)

(( HOLY HELL LET'S KEEP YOURS!!! ))

I stare at him in silence for a few moments, unsure of how exactly I'm going to process that. All along, all along I said he wasn't to be trusted. I warned them time after time that this was a bad idea, and yet they continued to stand by him. He came with us, journeyed with us all this time only so he could betray us right at the last moment. All this time, everything we shared was just a sham, a trick, he lied so we would trust him.

I clench my jaw as I hold out my hand behind me, turning to look at Pipit. "Give me my sword back."

"Callia, I-"

"Give me my sword back," I repeat, trying to keep my voice as level as I can. He glances around hesitantly, before laying the swords handle in my palm.

"Don't do anything you'll regret," Pipit says. "You know as well as I do that you're not much of a fighter..."

I know he's right, but this time, I'm fuming. I've never known anger like this. I twist the sword in my grip as I make my way over to Zurin, the man I thought was my friend, the man who saved my life on more than one occasion, only to betray us all at the last second.

"I knew it," I spit as I step up to him, standing level with the Demon Lord. "I warned my friends not to trust you. You're a demon, evil by nature. But you thought you could fool us. You gave us your words, your lies, your little sob story about being rejected from society. You so carefully orchestrated your plan, agreed a sham rivalry between you and Ghirahim. We welcomed you into our social group, into our homeland, and this is how you repay us?"

His face is expressionless as he listens to me talk. But the words come again, hissed between gritted teeth. "The Triforce will belong to us!"

I let out a soft laugh, trying to convey a confidence that I know isn't real. "The Triforce doesn't belong in the hands of your kind. The Triforce belongs to Link, and I would lay down my life to prevent you from getting your hands on it."

He raises one hand, sparking flames from his fingertips, but never losing eye contact. "You would be a fool to fight me," he spits out the words like they're poison as the flames slowly increase in size. "I've seen you fight," he whispers. "You're clever, girl. Certainly the smartest of your kind that I've encountered, though your people aren't renowned for their intelligence. But surely you must know that you couldn't defeat me."

I raise my sword, pressing the very tip just below his jawline. "I don't fight alone, Zurin," I reply. "But while it's true that I lack battle skill, I don't back down. And you know how well my friends can fight..." I dig the sword in just a little, not enough to hurt him. "So go ahead, do your worst, prove to me that I was right all along."