Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

(Yay! I love silent realms!)

Callia and I run as fast as we can to the closest tear drop.

We run across some quick sand and onto one of the slopes. Suddenly I spot a bight spotlight hovering above me.

As I step under it a bell rings and the sky goes red again. We quickly run the the tear drop like Link did and freeze the gardians

just in time.

"That's one." I say, "I wonder how the others are doing?"

Posted

Me and Link go clockwise up a higher stone bit. My heart is pounding. Suddenly the sky turns red.

"What? We haven't done anything!" I scream.

"There!" Link yells. I run towards the tear and pick it up. The sky turns calm and blue again.

"What happened? That's the second time we didn't do anything wrong!" I exclaim.

"When we take to much time, the guardians will awake as well," Link explains.

"What? Oh goddess," I sigh. "How much do we even need?"

"I don't know. A number around 10 I think..." Link sighs, looking at the blue beacons.

We walk further and I see the next tear floating above a mine cart. I dash towards it.

"Bryarly no!" Link screams.

I stop right before the mysterious waking water Link warned us about appears.

"Sorry", I mutter.

"That's ok," he says. He waits until the waters gone, moves the cart and collects the tear.

Posted (edited)

Emzy and I make our way along one of the raised platforms. Guardians carrying lanterns are floating back and forth along the pathway, but there's tears in between them so we have to find a way through. I cast my gaze around, searching for the others. I can see Link and Bryarly on top of the mining facility, and Karane and Pipit are down below picking a safe path across the sink sand.

"Come on!" Emzy exclaims as one of the guardians turns to walk in the other direction. We quickly run up and step aside into a little piece of platform that extends out to the right. We wait while it patrols past, and then dash and collect a tear. I begin to wonder how many we've collected in total and how many are still left to find.

Emzy and I quickly dash forward while a gap is present and duck into another extended platform. A guardian is stood on this piece of platform. He's halted, eyes closed. He just stands, holding his double axe menacingly, his gold and white armour gleaming in the strange light. It makes my stomach churn to even look at him.

"Don't think about it," Emzy insists. Dashing forward and grabbing the other tear from this platform. We both quickly leap off the edge just as the floating guardian comes up behind us.

Just then, someone must have collected a light fruit, as fresh beams of light spring up all over the land. I grin as I spot one sitting on top of the iron cages beside the mining facility. We run all along the side of the mining facility, push a minecart into place and climb up to collect the tear. I glance around us again. How much longer do we have to stay in this creepy place?

Emzy turns, glancing to her left, she looks terrified. I turn and find what she's looking at. Pipit and Karane are ducking and diving as they try to squeeze their way between a sea of floating guardians, all of whom chase them for a little while. Their objective is a tear on the far side.

"Be careful!" Bryarly yells from where she stands with Link on a raised platform. "They're following you!"

Karane spins around, having not heard Bryarly properly. Just at that moment, a floating guardian jumps after them, the loud bell rings out, and the skies stain red with blood once again.

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

(I'm not sure where Pipit and Karane are, I guess that they are heading towards the tree?)

"NO! RUN!" I yell as loud as I can.

They're running as fast as they can to a tree that's way to far away. Now the guardians are not only after them, but us too. I need to think quick. I quickly scan the area for tears in my range. I see one, just a drop ahead. I jump down and dash forward. The guardian raises his axe at Karane as I grab it and it freezes. Karane falls down to her knees and Pipit tries to calm her down. They grab the tear up the tree and I see Callia getting close to another one in case they can't get trough the sea of the lantern guards. There are not much tears left, and we all split up again. Me and Link grab the remaining few on the mining facility. Suddenly the sky turns red again just a few seconds after me and Link grabbed the last one on the facility. I see Callia and Emzy getting chased and I see a guardian heading for me. I'm to much in shock to react.

Posted

"There's one left!" Link pants as him and Bryarly begin to leap down the edges of the mining facility, a floating guardian fast in their pursuit.

"Where?" I yelp, stumbling on a piece of rock. I quickly push myself up and keep on running.

"I got it!" Pipit yells. I want to turn and see where he is, watch if he can make it... but the thundering footsteps of guardian wielding a double axe right behind me warn me not to hesitate. I hear a loud yelp as Emzy drops behind me, falling flat onto her face. The gleam in guardians eyes glow brighter as it raises it's axe to strike...

And suddenly every cools again. The sky returns to it's steely, calming blue colour, and the guardians reappear in their previous positions. I glance up, looking around - and that's when I see Pipit stood atop one of the raised platforms, breathing heavily as he grins. The spirit vessel that Link holds glows bright, letting us know that it's now full.

"Ok guys..." Link shouts. "We've got as much time as we need now. You can take it easy as you go back to the protective circle - just be careful not to go near waking water!"

Slowly, we all traipse back towards the strange white circle in the ground, and once we're all inside, Link produces the spirit vessel. As each tear illuminates individually, the strange object transforms into a golden bud, which then bursts and vanishes, leaving a set of strange red and white gripping claws attached to chains. Link nods approvingly, and pockets the strange contraption. With that, we all make our way back into the central beam of light.

As the whiteness fades, we find ourselves back in the land of Lanayru. I blink slowly, finding myself halted as I grip onto the sword. My body feels numb, tired, uncoordinated, like I've just woken from a really deep sleep. I slowly shake my head as I push myself to my feet. I glance around, and find Fledge stood a few feet away. He's in deep conversation... with Zurin.

"Demon!" Link cries, drawing his sword from the ground and thrusting it towards Zurin

Posted

"No Link!" I yell, running infrount of him so he can't hurt Zurin, "He's a nice demon and he's been helping us look for you!"

"Really? A demon helped you?" Link asks, looking almost amused.

"Yeah!" Callia says. "He even helped cure my leg when it was broken."

"No Link!" I yell, running infrount of him so he can't hurt Zurin, "He's a nice demon and he's been helping us look for you!"

(I don't know why that just posted three times)

Posted

(Sometimes that just happens if the post takes a longer time to load. No need to worry about it :P )

Zurin had intended to keep his distance once his friends had been spotted, but when Fledge appeared alone in the desert he wanted to make sure everything was alright. They had barely conversed for a couple seconds when the rest of the group and Link appeared out of thin air! Thank goodness his friends were there to cover for him before Link had a chance to strike...

"It's a pleasure to speak at last, Link; I've been keeping track of you for quite some time now. My name is Zurin," he said, extending his hand. Link shook hands with the demon somewhat warily. "I want to help humans thrive as a species, so I do what I can with my magic to aid your friends here." Zurin explained. "Of course, if there's any way I can help at the moment, please let me know."

Posted

"Well..." Link says hesitatingly, "Now we have to find an area I couldn't enter before because that's probably where the flame is."

"Let's go looking around then!" Emzy says cheerfully.

We search the whole desert, and we are dehydrated, hungry and tired as Callia suddenly falls down.

"Callia!" Fledge calls out.

"I'm ok... I think it's my leg, I mean, we have been running around all day..." she sighs.

"It's becoming dark... Maybe we should return to the sky?" Pipit suggests.

"No!" Link yells out. "We'll just rest here. We'll loose to much time."

"Fine," Karane sighs.

We all agree that two people stay awake to hold guard. Emzy and Pipit do the first one, and after eating and drinking I quickly fall asleep. After some time, Emzy wakes me up and tells me it's my turn. I want to ask her who has to hold guard with me, but then I see Link getting waked up too. Shoot.

Emzy and Pipit soon fall asleep and me and Link are the only ones out here awake.

I shiver shortly.

"This desert is cold during the night..." I whisper.

"Yeah, you tell me..." Link mutters.

We stay quiet for sometime, until I have the feeling I just need to ask him.

"Have you already seen Zelda?" I ask.

"Yes," Link smiles. "Two times already. Once in Eldin, and the other time here, at the Temple of Time." His face turns grim after he says that.

"What happened?" I ask.

"She and her 'helper' went into the gate of time and disappeared. I'm supposed to find the other one I guess..." he sighs.

"It'll be fine. You'll save Zelda," I say, giving him a small smile. I'm trying hard not to make my voice sound a bit bitter. Goddess Bryarly you're being selfish.

Suddenly I hear something. It's Callia. She probably has a lot of pain from her leg. I can't see if she's actually sleeping though...

Posted

"She and her 'helper' went into the gate of time and disappeared. I'm supposed to find the other one I guess..." Link sighs.

His voice, though quiet, is still comparatively loud in the night time desert. The only sounds that accompany the voices are the soft crackling of the fire, and the gentle breathing of those who are already asleep around us. I can't see Link and Bryarly, as I'm facing the other way, but I can hear them loud and clear.

"It'll be fine. You'll save Zelda," Bryarly replies. I let out an irritable groan as I note the pang of jealousy in her voice as she said that.

"Callia?" Link whispers. I feel his shadow cast over me. Quickly, I snap my eyes shut and try my best to hold still.

"Maybe it's her leg..." Bryarly replies.

"Poor girl..." Link mutters. "You know you guys didn't have to come, I would have been fine alone." With that, he turns his attention away from me. I hear his footsteps walk away, and the the gentle crackle of wood as he pokes at the fire.

"But what if you hadn't been?" she asks.

There's a lingering moment of silence, and for just a second it seems like nobody's going to say anything. I don't know what's happening... I'm itching to roll over and look at them, but I know that I can't. Eventually Link sighs.

"Bryarly... what's going on between you and Callia?" he asks, trying his best to change the subject.

Posted

(Why are they fighting again? lol)

I'm still awake but I'm too tired to say anything.

I've been wondering the same as Link. What could they have been fighting about?

Posted

(Bryarly pandering to Link wanting to go back on his quest while he's still injured ;) )

My cheeks immediately turn red. Luckily for me, it's to dark for Link to see it.

"It's nothing special really", I mutter.

Callia lets out another groan and I flinch. I feel so horrible. I mean, why doesn't she understand me? I have a giant crush on Link. Of course I can't say no to him!

Link ignores her. "You can tell me anything, you know that right? Bryarly?"

I sigh. I can't just tell him. Why does he have to be so perfect in my eyes?

Posted

As morning rolls around again, I awake to find Link and Pipit playing with his new gadget. I slowly push my hair back from my face as I sit up in my bedroll. I pull myself out and wander over to them. I watch as Pipit slips one of the strange gloves onto his hand. He presses one eye closed and points his arm out in front of him, directing it towards a red, white and blue target on one of the raised platforms. He squeezes the device, and suddenly a chain shoots out and latches onto the target. Pipit is yanked off his feet and seconds later, he's clinging onto the target and hauling himself on top of the platform.

"Wow!" I exclaim.

"Pretty cool, eh?" Link says, admiring his new tool. "This is what we got from the silent realm."

I quickly grab the second one from Link, admiring the different coloured metals it's made of. "It's pretty cool, I'll admit," I say. He makes a grab for it, but I pull it away, smirking. "Let's get some breakfast and put this to use, rather than treating it like a toy, huh?"

He rolls his eyes. "Yes mum!"

Posted

I jump up at the sound of the word "breakfast" because I'm very hungry.

"What do we have to eat?" I ask.

"Well...I think we have some apples left." Pipit says, "I'm not sure if we have anything else."

"We could always go back to Skyloft?" I say.

"No!" Link says, "otherwise what would be the point of staying here all night? It would just waste time because we need to find Zelda as quickly as we can!"

"Ok, ok, calm down." I say.

Suddenly Fi, the weird alien-spirit thing, shows up.

"Master, might I suggest looking for food wile you travel? That way you can save time."

"Well...I think we have some apples left." Pipit says, "I'm not sure if we have anything else."

"No!" Link says, "otherwise what would be the point of staying here all night? It would just waste time because we need to find Zelda as quickly as we can!"

"Master, might I suggest looking for food wile you travel? That way you can save time."

(Ahh!!! Why is it repeating so many times?!?!)

Posted

"Good idea. Thanks Fi," Link says and Fi jumps back into his sword.

"Let's go then..." Pipit says.

The desert is hot as always, and we still don't have any idea were to look. Not to mention it's pretty dry, so there aren't any plants or something here to eat.

"This is kind of useless..." Callia mutters. She's right, we have been walking around for a very long time.

"Hey Zurin, don't you know anything?" Emzy asks.

"Not really..." he sighs.

"Hey Link?" Fledge asks.

Link looks at him. "Yeah?"

"Why was Zelda taken to the surface by that tornado anyways? And why does that demon guy want her?" he asks. These were all questions we had wondered, yet no one had decided to ask them up until this point.

There's a glimpse of anger spreading across his face. "Ghirahim... I'm not sure why he wants her yet... The only thing I know for sure, is that she has something to do with Demise wanting to come back..."

Posted (edited)

"Demise..." I whisper. I've read that name many a time in my history book. He appears extensively in the first legend. The first hero sealed him away while the Goddess protected us, her people, from his wrath and his demons. And now Ghirahim wants to resurrect him? This cannot be good. It's well established that the solution deployed by the hero and the Goddess was never permanent, but I never thought that it would come to wane in my lifetime. Though I'm still not sure what this has to do with Zelda...

"Don't think about it," Pipit says. "Let's just power on."

Slowly, we traipse out across the desert, over to an area covered in sink sand and populated with many rolling monsters. Link leads us through a shortcut that he unlocked, allowing us to take a raised path that by passes all the enemies. We drop down the other side, only to find a set of stepping stones next to a waterfall of sink sand. At the top of this is a clawshot target and a doorway.

Emzy frowns. "How are we supposed to get up there? We've only got two clawshots.

Karane shrugs. "We'll just have to do it bit by bit."

Link takes aim with his clawshot, wraps one arm around Karane, and the two of them fly up to the top. Karane clambers up, and then Link clawshots to another target at our level and comes back for Bryarly. Eventually, we all reach the top. As we pass through, to the next area, we find many columns laid out with numerous clawshot targets.

Link sighs. "I'm going to need both my hands for this. Climb up on my back and hold on tight!"

This time, I go first. At first it's fine, but when he flies towards the first target, the deep crevice beneath me becomes glaringly obvious. I hook my legs tighter around his hips and cling onto his shoulders until we reach the other side. He lets out a sigh, wipes his brow, then heads back over.

Once everyones finally reached this side, we turn to take in the view ahead of us. Miles and miles our sink sand are laid out before us. I can't even see the end of it, the golden sand meets the horizon. I can see tall towers set in the far distance, but it's a long way to go. We can't possibly run that far.

"Oh..." Zurin sighs.

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)