Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

We continue going around the ship, defeating more bokoblins that, according to Zurin, are actually technoblins, because of their horrible electrified weapon. We reach a small room and Fi jumps out of Link's sword, telling him that you can see out trough the hole in the ceiling.

Link nods, and takes out his bow and arrow, shooting the time shift stone above us.

"Now what?" Pipit sighs.

Posted

"Well, seeing as the ship is fully functional in the past," Zurin figured, "Shouldn't those captive robots be revived as well?" "Hey, good point man!" Link agrees. "I remember those guys were at the bottom of the ship, so let's go back there."

After a couple encounters with Technoblins and enemies Link referred to as Beamos, the group reached the captive robots. "Please help us, bzzrt!" the prisoners asked. "If you could activate the engines and navigate the engine room, then you could free us!" Zurin remembered passing by a hall of rooms that seemed to contain power generators, so he figured that was the place to look first. "Ok, we'll see what we can do."

Posted

I takes us a good while, but we eventually manage to free the robots. We have to tackle some bokoblins and dash through heavy machinery, but we make it. We're then faced with the task of fighting numerous beamos and technokoblins... but we eventually find what Link has been clamoring for: The boss key, which should lead the way to Nayru's Flame.

We make our way back up through the ship and over to the engine room that the robots told us about. Link produces the key, which is made of a strange blue and white material and is heavy and clunky. We spend a few moments twisting and turning the strange shaped key until we find a way to slit it into the lock. We all ready our weapons, and the doors to the boss room are thrown open.

Link is first to step in, and we all follow timidly behind him. Yet, much to my surprise, the room is almost empty.

"Wait... where's the-" Pipit begins, but he's cut off as multiple large purple tentacles fly up through the floor, splintering the wooden floorboards. We don't have the time to tackle them before they duck down again.

"What the heck was that?" Leala asks.

"Some kind of Sea Monster..." Zurin replies. "There's no time to explain, we need to find a way off the ship now, it's under attack!"

Everyone takes to their feet, dashing away from the engine room. We hurry up towards the main deck, despite how the entire ship is starting to lean dangerously. We're just following the path when more tentacles burst out in front of us, blocking the way forward.

Link, thinking quickly, produces his sword. He charges it by raising it upwards, and then unleashes the power at the tentacles and clears our path.

"Come on!" he urges as he slips his sword back into it's scabbard. That's all the encouragement we need. We're just ready to round another corner, when suddenly Fi emerges from Link's sword.

"Master Link," she says, her voice unnaturally calm. "I conjecture by the size of these tentacles, that they creature they belong to is of a large size. I suggest that you make your way out of the ship as quickly as possible, the ship is under attack."

"Really, WE HAD NO IDEA!" Karane snaps as the blue figure dives back into Link's sword.

Just at that moment, the ship tilts even more dangerously, and murky water begins comes flooding through cracks in the walls. It pools up around our ankles, and is continually rising.

"GO GO GO!" Zurin yells, jumping out of the waters reach.

Posted

We keep running round lots of corners and more water gets in so we can't turn back.

Soon we find a door that leads outside. We see a giant octopus with one big eye.

"These boss monsters are getting ridiculous!" I say, "a giant scorpion is fine but a giant OCTOPUS?"

(Those where my real thorghts when I played this part of the game. Lol)

It dives back under the water and there is a moment of silence before it's tentacles shoot up from under the ground.

Link uses his skyward strike to get rid of them and eventually the whole octopus comes back into view.

We shoot it's eye and it falls down in pain then Link rushes forward and strikes it's eye as many times as he can.

We repeat this prosses a few times until it goes to the other side and we climb up a box so that we can see it. It's tentacles now have teeth and try to knock is down but it is soon defeated.

Posted

The monster screams loud in defeat, and it explodes, only leaving a large purple cloud behind.

I'm panting and my heart is racing from the adrenaline and the fear I felt, but I can now breath slowly again now it's over.

The sky becomes clear, and a heart appears (I didn't know if we would conclude these).

At the very end of the ship, there is a symbol on the ground. It starts to glow, and a platform raises from the ground. Link raises his sword and charges it, hitting the crest. It turns purple and turns around very quickly. Suddenly there comes a large blue flame out of the platform, and we all back away quickly, except for Link. Fi jumps out of his sword and flies in front of the flame. She raises her arms as balls of fire hit her.

Emzy gasps, but Link stays pretty calm about it.

The ball flies high up into the sky, before crashing into the ground before Link. Link jumps away and Fi reappears. Link raises his sword and the fire jumps into his sword with a high force. After that, the sword glows and seems to become longer...

Posted

(I think we could include the hearts but they don't need to be mentioned about how many we have and how many we've lost. Also I won't be here for the weekend because I'm going to both days of Comic Con London!)

Posted

It seems nobody really knows what to say after Link sheathes his sword; did he really just almost single-handedly defeat that sea monster? In spite of how his last dungeon crawl went back in the Ancient Cistern, he seems to be incredibly powerful. And as for his sword, Zurin had no idea what was going on there; perhaps these flames were reforging it somehow?

"I think I speak for everyone else when I ask what just happened," Zurin finally spoke up. "Well..." Link replied, "my journey really started getting more complicated after I went to the Temple of Time. I've been tasked with visiting three flames to power my sword up so I can reactivate a second Gate of Time and visit Zelda, wherever she went." Considering the goddess trials and the inevitable task of tracking down three well-hidden temples crawling with dangerous monsters, Zurin couldn't help but wonder if the goddess was giving her hero a bit too much work, but he figured there was no point pondering it. "I got my sword improved at the Ancient Cistern just before collapsing from my wounds, and this spot makes two," Link continued. Fi appeared to confirm the next objective, saying that Link would have to return to the clouds and learn a third melody. "Well, it seems we know where to go next, at least." Zurin concluded.

Posted

(COMIC CON! I'm so jealous!)

"I think you're over looking something there," I cut in. "We were all forbidden from leaving Skyloft, and Link was supposed to stay until he had recovered from his injuries. If we go back there, they won't let us get away easily."

"Well where have you been staying overnight before?" Link asks.

"The Lumpy Pumpkin," Fledge replies.

"Fine," Link says. "We'll head back there then. And tomorrow morning, we'll make our way over to the isle of songs and meet Zurin afterwards."

---

"Hey Callia..." Link mumbles as he pokes his head around mine and Bryarly's bedroom door. "Can you help me?"

"What's up?" I ask, looking up from the history book.

"Kina gave me this antiseptic potion I'm supposed to use, and I don't have a clue how to use it. You're the only one who really listened in our health classes at the academy... will you help me put it on?"

I nod slowly. "Fine then, come in and take off your tunic."

He makes his way in, saying hello to Bryarly who's sewing and extra pocket onto her adventure pouch. He quickly slips of his belt and swordstrap and pulls his tunic and chain mail over his head. I quickly rummage through my drawer and pull out a cloth which I then pour Kina's antiseptic potion onto. Link begins to unwrap the bandages around his chest, and I glance at his gaping wound... which is still raw and looks incredibly sensitive.

"Link..." Bryarly says. "That really doesn't look good..."

"I know," he sighs. "But I had to carry on, Zelda needs me."

Bryarly glances down for a moment, her long hair covering her facial expression so I can't see what she's feeling. "Excuse me..." she mumbles, before making her way towards our en suite bathroom.

Link frowns. "Is she ok?"

"Fine," I lie, not bothering to point out his niavity. "Ok, now this may sting a little..."

I gently dab the doused cloth onto his wound, watching as he winces and sucks the air in through his teeth.

"Stop squirming!" I say.

"I can't help it, it stings!" he replies.

I laugh a little. "You're just a big baby aren't you?"

He pokes his tongue out at me as I continue to dab the yellow tainted potion onto his wound. Once I'm done, I get a clean bandage and help him to wrap it around his chest and tie it in place. Once we're done, he smiles.

"Thanks Callia," he says, putting his uniform back on and making his way over to the door.

"Link..."

"Yeah?" he asks, turning back to look at me.

I sigh. "Please don't hurt Bryarly..."

He offers me a confused smile. "Now why would I do that?" he says as he closes the door.

Posted

(I'm back! OMG I've spent all my money from the last 3 months at Comic Con! Mostly on posters and stuff but I got a really cool Death Note bag. Anyway, on with the RP!)

(I felt like writeing a bit where we find out how much Leala can't read. We don't have to use it in the fanfic tho.)

I sit in my room, looking out of the window into the almost starless sky. I can't help but wonder where we're going to next or when we will find Zelda. I can't get to sleep so I go to the bookshelf and look at all the books. I've never really liked reading and I'm not very good at it. I like some of the old legends but only when someone else is telling the story.

I pick up a book with a blue Loftwing on the cover.

"How...to...fly" I read the title of the book out loud.

I open the first page and try to read the instructions.

"Step one: make shore your Loftwing can fly...b-before flying it."

Soon I give up reading and fall asleep.

Posted

(I'm super jealous too! And poor Emzy)

I stand up from my seat and head back to our room again, since I guess they are done. I just can't help it but feel hurt whenever he talks about Zelda.

I want to open the door but I quickly stop and hold my ear to the door when I discover they are talking. About me.

"Seriously Callia, why would I ever hurt Bryarly? She's my friend!" Link says.

"Yes, I know, but, you just... You don't get it!" Callia sighs.

"What am I supposed to get?" Link asks confused.

My heart beats fast against my chest. She isn't going to tell him, is she?

"You're just so- so blind!" Callia says.

"What do you mean? Callia, seriously, I'm really, really confused right now," Link says, almost desperate.

Posted (edited)

"What do you mean? Callia, seriously, I'm really, really confused right now," Link says, almost desperate. He gives me a pleading look with his bright blue eyes that almost makes me want to cave, but I set a firm lip and turn away.

"You're a smart guy, Link," I say. "You know about the histories and the rules of the blade and the wing but... you're also very naive."

A frown sets over his expression as he takes a step closer. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I sigh heavily. "Nothing for you to worry about," I insist. "That wound won't heal unless you get plenty of sleep... you should probably turn in."

"But you said..."

"Go, Link!" I say, turning back to my history book.

He lets out a reluctant sigh, but nods, making his way over to the door. It's only as it clicks shut that the other door is thrown open and Bryarly makes her way in.

"I can't believe you!" she hisses.

"What?" I snap. "I didn't tell him!"

"You might as well have done!" she yelps.

"Oh please," I sigh. "I'm not the one caught in a juvenile deboccal with the boy across the hall! What are you, thirteen?"

"Excuse me," she says, crossing her arms. "At least I'm not so childish as to have a secret boyfriend!"

"At least I had the decency to tell you about him! YOU on the other hand didn't even tell me, YOUR BEST FRIEND that you had a crush on Link!"

"Wait a minute..." she whispers. "Is that what all this is about?"

I sigh, shaking my head and closing my eyes. "Not all, but part of it, yeah."

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

"Oh..." is all I can bring out.

"Why?" Callia asks.

"Because every single time I wanted to tell you, somebody told me how a cute couple Link and Zelda would be. How they fit together perfectly, that they are best friends,..." I sigh. "That hurts."

She looks at me and takes my hands. "Sorry..."

"Me too... I shouldn't have called you childish," I say.

"Hug?" she asks, smiling brightly.

I smile too. "Of course."

Posted

(Hi! I went to France yesterday for another field trip. It wasn't very good though because the boat was delayed and we had to wait about 3 hours!)

The next morning we get dressed and pack our bags ready for our next part of our adventure. I tie my hair into a messy pony tail and put on my blue knight uniform.

In the dining room, everyone is already there, eating breakfast.

"Where are you going today?" Kina asks

"To the isle of songs." Link replies, "From there, we can work out what to do next."

(I'm in the Fire Sanctuary in the game at the moment. I've defeated the giant hand things but now I'm kind of wondering around and I don't know where to go next. I've used the better digging mitts or whatever they're called but I can't find the next place.)

Posted

(I started playing again too, and I have just defeated Levias! :) )

"Let's go then," Pipit says.

"Good luck!" Kina yells.

We fly our loftwings trough the sky and though it's daylight, no one sees or stops us. We follow Link trough the thunderhead and land at the isle of songs. We enter the building and wait while Link hits the crest with a -what he calls- skyward strike. This time however, the statue doesn't appears in front of him, but under the platform he's standing on. It is the same process as last time. The statue sings, Fi appears, dances and tells us a message from the goddess and Link plays his harp.  

Posted

Link and company were leaving the Isle of Song when Callia's gossip stone began to speak. "Hey guys, just checking on your progress," the voice of Zurin spoke through the stone. "It feels like I haven't seen or heard from you in quite a while." Everyone said their hellos and updated Zurin on the major events of the last few days. "Basically, we're headed for the Eldin region again, so this should be a field day for you," Link joked. Zurin gave a chuckle in reply. "I can't deny I have a certain affinity for the place. How about we meet up at the base of the mountain, where you touched down the first time you visited the place?"

After a bit of thinking, everyone agreed that the beginning was the best place to start since they would have to scour the region for the entrance to the Silent Realm anyway. "Alright Zurin, we'll meet you there," Link said.