Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

(K I'll go next)

"I'll go to the water dragon." I say, "Because it's way to warm here."

"I want to go with Link." Bryarly says.

Link nods.

"I should stay here since I'm the one with the earings" Link says, "Zurin, you said you had some ideas so you can stay too."

"Who else want's to go with me?" I ask, not really wanting to go on my own.

"I will." Pipit says.

"and me." Karane says.

"I'd like to stay here." Says Fledge, "The water dragon is a bit terrifying.

"And I'll stay with Fladge." Says Callia

(so the groups are:

Going to the water dragon:

Leala, Pipit and karane

solving the problem:

Callia, Fledge, Zurin, Link and Bryarly.

That's everyone, right?)

Posted

(yup! gonna go ahead and start team 2 now)

Before heading out, Link instructs Fi to summon the strange robot he mentioned earlier. The group spots a small flying object rapidly plummeting from the sky, and soon it has completed its descent in front of them. After making a few kind remarks at Fi despite her obliviousness, the robot introduces itself as Scrapper to the rest of the group. "Scrapper. Fi and I want you to go with these people to Lake Floria. They need you to do some heavy lifting." The robot didn't care much for this order but perked up at the mention of Link's sword spirit. "I would be glad to offer my companionship to friends of Fi, bzzrt! They will be safe under my supervision." nobody in the other group seemed to ecstatic about the new addition, and Zurin thought he saw Leala roll her eyes at the robot.

After going their separate ways, Zurin teleports the second group back to the location of the Silent Realm to discuss his plan. "It seemed like you had a particular place in mind when we were at the temple entrance," Callia says to the demon. "What were you thinking of?" Indeed, Zurin had a number of plans, but his best one would solve the problem permanently if he could find the person he was looking for. "Well, ideally we would want to get our hands on more copies of those fireshield earrings, right? Thankfully, I know just who might have a few spares; we're going to have to locate Eldin."

Posted

(I'm back! :D)

"Eldin?" I repeat.

"You don't mean another dragon, do you?" Callia sighs.

Zurin gives her an apologizing smile. "I'm afraid I do. But, luckily, he is told to be nicer and more willing to listen than Faron. The only thing we can really do is to hope that that is true."

"Lets go then," Link concludes.

When we're walking Fledge turns to Zurin. "So, where does this dragon live?"

"Inside the volcano summit," Zurin replies.

"But isn't that the place that was too hot to enter?" I ask.

Posted

"No worries, I have a few guardian potions on me for emergencies. Their effects will keep you from succumbing to the heat for a few minutes, enough time to speak to Eldin and get what we need." Zurin assured the group. After procuring the precious potions, everyone who needed to survive the heat drank deep from the bottles. "This might not be the most comfortable fix, but you won't be injured, I promise." Zurin told them before drawing them into his teleportation spell.

The group reappeared at the entrance to the crater, and immediately began searching for any sign of the dragon. The potions worked well enough to protect Callia, Fledge, and Byarly from heat exhaustion, but they would only get worse as their effects faded. Thankfully, Link and Zurin could work efficiently and found the dragon's elaborate lair in a minute's time. Calling the group together again, Link assembled them in front of a huge drawbridge. Zurin knew this bridge could be lowered by severing its supporting ropes, but kept quiet on the matter. "Looks like we'll have to risk teleporting across the lava moat..." the demon said. "I don't want to injure anyone by accident, so perhaps I should go alone and look for a way to lower this thing." Everyone seemed convinced by this and waited in front of the gate as Zurin blinked out of sight. "It seems there is no way to move this thing. I'll meet the dragon myself and see what can be done!" he called, although he could barely be heard by the rest of the group.

Zurin hurried to the dome where Eldin resided. The circumstances were different this time, but the way everything played out at first was the same; once again, the demon went down on one knee to call the fire dragon, who burst out of the magma in a dramatic reply. "Ah, my old friend returns!" Eldin spoke. "It's been quite some time, but you seem unchanged!" Zurin may have been in a hurry, but he could not resist a chuckle. "I may be as anxious and miserable looking as before, but my excuses for such could not be more different. May I ask a favor of you, friend?" "Ho, is there no time for pleasantries Zurin? Ah well, what can I do for you?" The dragon asked. The demon replied, "I need six pairs of your fireshield earrings. Not for myself of course; a few new friends of mine need to do some volcanic spelunking without burning to a crisp." His friend smiled in reply. "I expected a bigger favor than that, but that will have to do I suppose!" Eldin opened his palm to Zurin and six new pairs of earrings appeared. Zurin took the items quickly and bowed to the dragon. "Well if that's all, you'd best be on your way. No worries, I'll see you again soon!" After his goodbye, the dragon dived back into his molten pool, and Zurin whisked himself back to his waiting friends.

(by the way, welcome back :) )

Posted

Pipit, Karane and I go to closest bird statue and we fly to the sky.

Once in the sky, we call for our Loftwings and fly to Faron Woods and land in Lake Floria.

As we get closer to the Water Dragon's throne room, my heart is thudding because I remember that last time she said we shouldn't return.

(Sorry It's short. I'll write more later)

Posted

(looks like the problems with the server deleted a post or two. I think Franne had an entry after the previous one but I can't remember.)

Posted

(Me neither :( I'll try again)

"Great job!" Link smiles when Zurin hands us the earrings. We all try them on, and go back to the entrance to the temple.

"So, what can we do now?" I ask.

"Wait I guess," Fledge sighs.

After some time eating, drinking and resting, Callia speaks up.

"Hey Zurin? How old are demons usually? And where do they come from?" she asks.

"Yeah! And where are they now? Since the only ones we know are you and that Ghirahim guy," I ask.

Posted

"Well, those are some very good questions actually," Zurin replies, perking up at the opportunity to tell his stories. "To start, the average lifespan of a demon is virtually limitless because of our incredibly resilient bodies, but most make it to about  900 or 1000 years old. Because of my status and lifestyle in demon society before I left that behind, I'm even older; soon enough I will be celebrating my 1485th 'birthday,' although celebrations of birth are nonexistent in my society. As for Demise himself... suffice to say he is old as the world, and hasn't aged one bit in the thousand years I knew him, so perhaps he is virtually immortal."

"As for where we came from, I assure you we were never intentionally made by the old goddesses at the dawn of time, but were a side effect of the world being born. This is not so uncommon; there are faraway lands that the goddesses never intended to make, where another Callia or Pipit would exist under very different circumstances. Like these places, we sprung up in spite of our creators intentions but lived under the earth in isolation for a while. Demise is the only original demon still in existence, and is the 'father' of us all in the sense that he created the first generation of smaller demons with magic to serve under him. Of course, we were made as viable offspring by him and now procreate normally, but every family line of demons besides Demise came from magic."

"Demon society was structured around subjugation and ownership of your inferiors. As a higher demon in this system, I would have not only commanded but literally claimed ownership of a few hundred thousand lesser demons, Moblins, and Bokoblins. Ghirahim's creation took place after my self-imposed exile but we can assume he owned an army similar to mine. On the eve of our surface invasion, there were probably a couple million of us altogether."

"Like dragons, Demons are incredibly powerful and willful creatures. When Demise learned of the surface world and the Triforce through unknown means, it was only natural that we wanted to claim that artifact to acquire greater power. After breaking out of the earth in this very province, we began the failed conquest that resulted in the imprisonment of Demise and the near-eradication of my species. The Bokoblins and Moblins still exist in smaller numbers, but demon lords like myself are probably all gone now. I like to think there are a few others who abandoned their roots as well, but I have never met them."

Posted

(Hi! I'm back from the most boring holiday I've ever been on. lol. That stuff about demons and the other worlds was really cool! I can't find my last post. was there a problem with the server?)

Pipit, Karane and I swim around Lake Floria until we find the water dragon's throne room.

We get out of the water when we arrive and we see the water dragon with an angry face.

my heart beats very fast as I try to stay calm.

"I told you never to come back here!" The dragon roars, "You'd better have a VERY good exscuse or my anger will exsplode!"

"We came to ask a favor from you." I mutter, very nervously.

"A favor? Haven't I done enough for you alredy? I gave you my scales so you can swim under water!"

"Yes but this is a favor for Link too! you see, there's a large fire blocking our path and we need to borrow your water basin to put it out." Karane says.

"Very well." The dragon says, "You can use my water basin since I no longer have need for it."

"Thank you!" We all say.

(I just realized we haven't got Fi so how do we ask the robot to carry it up the volcano? Also I've been trying to defeat the Imprisoned for the second time and I think there may be a glitch in the game because sometimes after I've got rid of all it's toes, it blocks the whole path as it falls so I can't get to the stone thing that you ram into it's head. Did anyone else have that problem?)

Posted

(That's not a glitch, you have to go down a level and go back up using the wind gust. Then you can slash the spike back into its head. And Scrapper went with you guys :) )

"Really? Like demons who don't really want to be demons?" Fledge asks.

"Yes," Zurin replies.

"That was... very interesting," I smile. "Thanks for sharing the information."

"What about you?" Callia asks.

"Excuse me?" Zurin says.

"Well... Do you want to be a demon?" she asks, hesitating a bit.

"Good question..." Zurin sighs.

"You don't have to answer..." Callia quickly adds. "Sorry..."

"But does that mean that there are still other demon lords?" Link asks, changing the subject.

"Yes," Zurin answers.

"And they could be... friendly?" Fledge adds.

"Yes."

"And they could be everywhere?" I ask.

"Yes."

"Huh. Like... Like Skyloft?" Link asks.

I get a cold feeling after he says that. A demon, friendly or not... but in Skyloft?

Posted

(Thank you :D)

After we got the water basin, we tell Scrapper to lift it up the volcano for us.

"No way, there's too many monsters!" He says.

We all give him an annoyed look and he says that if we protect him, he will carry it up for us.

It takes a while but soon we are united with Link and the others again.

Posted

Zurin had been thinking about the theory Link had proposed after his little history lesson while the group discussed other matters. The circumstances for a demon to be in Skyloft would have to be strange; obviously he or she is unable or unwilling to directly harass the locals, since there are no direct sightings of this hypothetical demon. "Pardon my interruption, but I was wondering; are there any monsters in Skyloft?" Zurin asked. "Actually," Link replied, "I've seen a decent number of them at night and in the local caves. Why do you ask?" "My species involuntarily gives off a fiendish magical aura that affects the surrounding fauna, turning them into monsters and spawning simple abominations. Usually the presence of monsters means one of us is living nearby," the demon explained. Everyone else seemed surprised by this, but to Zurin's relief did not ask why he did not give off this same wave of magic.

Any chance of further discussion was nullified when a series of clunks and whirs told the group that Scrapper had returned with their friends. The robot looked worse for wear and had collected a few arrows in his headgear on the way up the mountain, but was still functional. "Honestly, I hope you learned your lesson about taking the scenic route, you clunky robot!" Karane scolded at Scrapper. "Bzzt... Whrrrr-clunk-... All in a day's work for mistress Fi..." the robot replied meekly. After the group patched up their strange robot and Zurin handed out the extra Fireshield Earrings to those who needed them, Scrapper doused the strange frog statue with the basin's water and returned to the sky. With the way now open and everyone properly equipped, the group descended down the stairs and toward the Sanctuary's depths...

Posted

(Hello everyone! Sorry I've been away for so long and left you all for a while, there's been a lot of stuff happening lately that took up my time, and then there were certain events that caused personal problems that I won't get into - but I'm here now and I'm really looking forward to the meeting between Zurin and Ghriahim! - I know you've got something planned Knuckles! ;) )

The heat in this temple, though probably worse than the previous Eldin temple, seems a little more bearable. To be completely honest, I'd put that down to a combination of the firesheild earrings and the fact that the temple rooms are interspersed with long outdoor corridors that allow us chance to cool off in the open air.

I can't help but notice how now that we're accompanying Link, rather than following him, our dungeon excursions take a lot longer. We have to pull together to figure out how to solve complex puzzles and use various equipment that Link has received to navigate our way along dangerous terrain. That's not even mentioning the new form of more powerful Lizalfos that are waiting for us in various locations.

But after a long two day haul through the dungeon, we're beginning to lose hope. We're almost out of food and our water supplies are diminishing. Everyone is tired, dirty, and we're slowly getting more and more irritable. I've had to break up bickered arguments between Pipit and Emzy on multiple occasions, and even Link is beginning to succumb to his fatigue. But eventually, we find what we've been searching for.

"Are you sure?" Bryarly asks.

"This room holds the sacred flame that is needed to enhance Master Link's sword," Fi says.

"Right... but it's what's inside the room that concerns me..." Link mumbles.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

Link sighs. "From my experience, sacred flames or spiritual springs are usually guarded by powerful enemies... like Koloktos or the Sea Monster that we met on the sandship..."

"Well whatever it is, we'll face it together," I reassure him, and he gives me a small smile. A look of determination sets over his bright blue eyes, and he nods slowly, before producing the oddly shaped key from his pocket and slipping it into the lock. There's a loud set of clanking and clunking noises, before the door opens with an audible creak.

Posted

(good to have you back! As you suspected I have a big entry here so I hope you can bear with me ;) )

Entering the antechamber to the flame's resting place, the group is greeted by an all-too-familiar chuckle in front of them. Standing at the center of the room is the Demon Lord Ghirahim, his eyes fixated on Link as he turns to face everyone. "Oh, hello Link. How nice to see you here, and in such good company!" The Demon Lord's gaze now turns to Callia and slowly examines the rest of the group in turn. "Since you're all so eager to cause trouble, the burden must fall on me to punish each of you in turn for-" Suddenly his speech stops, and his face sours as if he were looking at something repulsive; everyone can see that Ghirahim is fixated on Zurin. "You! I should have known that your actions were keeping this band of fools together. Our master may have crippled your powers, but it seems you didn't have the decency to die after we were through with you. Just as well; now I get to throw your useless corpse away myself!"

Zurin had met Ghirahim with a look of absolute hatred the moment he saw him, and was still doing so as he began to speak. "It is safe to assume you know the truth, then; that your creation happened because of my foolish research and the sacrifice I was later forced to make. You know that I was forced to create you after Demise threatened to wipe out my family and influence in demon society..." Ghirahim smiled as Zurin painfully recounted his secret past to the Demon Lord and his friends. "Ah, but that isn't all there is to the story, correct?" Ghirahim replied with a smirk. "You gave up a part of your very soul to give me life, didn't you? As some foolish way to cast off your demonic attributes forever, I suppose. But when Demise found out, he killed your family and threw you out like the broken garbage you are!" With that revelation, Ghirahim threw his head back and let out a chilling cackle.

A jet of intense flame ended the Demon Lord's taunting and swept him off his feet. "You foolish child..." Zurin spat back at Ghirahim, "I will purge your wretched existence with my flames!" As his adversary got back on his feet, it was apparent that his demeanor and physical appearance had changed. Both of Ghirahims' arms were now jet black, and a dash of identical skin now ran down his body like a vein of black iron embedded in rock. "I will NOT be treated this way by such an inferior!" the Demon Lord shouted as he charged at Zurin, but his metal fists were too slow for the other's teleportation abilities. Turning to face his reappearing opponent, the Demon Lord furiously conjured a swarm of black daggers to skewer Zurin; although the attack was repelled by his fire, the demon was unable to stop Ghirahim from landing a mighty punch to his chest that sent him across the room. Colliding with a wall, he was knocked out and defenseless. 

Posted (edited)

(GODDAMNIT KNUCKLES THAT WAS INTENSE)

I watch in horror as Zurin's body is slammed against the wall of the chamber before falling, limp as a ragdoll. I stare at him in silence for a few moments, willing him to get back up again, but he doesn't - he just lies still. From beside me I hear a soft throaty chuckle, Ghirahim sounds particularly pleased with himself. We all watch as Ghirahim strides slowly towards Zurin's almost lifeless body, taking a few training swipes in the air as he approaches. I feel almost paralyzed, too afraid to move. But thank Hylia that someone isn't as cowardly as I am...

An angry growl rips from Link's throat as he races forward, sword raised high above his head as he dives towards Ghirahim. Just seconds before his powerful blade bites into Ghirahim's flesh, the Demon Lord vanishes and reappears a good distance away from Link, smirking proudly.

"Why do you fight to protect him?" Ghirahim spits. "He's a Demon, the kind you're trying to destroy. You really think he'll remain loyal to you? He'll betray you as easily as he did my master!"

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)