Adventure in Skyloft

451 posts in this topic

Posted

(That's ok, and you weren't annoying :) )

"What about Zurin?" Emzy asks. "I mean, we can't just walk into Skyloft with a demon..."

"That's right," Pipit sighs.

"Maybe he could stay here? Or go back to the Lumpy Pumpkin?" I suggest.

"I will stay here then," Zurin says.

"Ok. We'll let you know when we know where the Triforce is," Emzy says.

We go outside and use the bird statues to go back up in the sky. We fly on our loftwings back to Skyloft. I'm a bit nervous, since no one really wanted us to go back to the Surface, meaning we just ran off.

Posted

Skyloft looks as peaceful and happy as I've always known it to be as we jump from our Loftwings and land on the plaza. The bunting is still blowing softly in the warm breeze, Beadle's air shop is still letting out it's familiar clicking sound as it floats around the island, and the drumming of the waterfall is still audible even from here. But things feel... different.

As we walk along with paved pathways of our home, people are giving us strange glances, Link in particular. I can't tell if they're relieved, concerned, irritated or just curious. Fledge tugs nervously at his sleeves and Bryarly brushes part of her hair back behind her ear as we proceed up the steps of the academy.

"What's our plan of action?" Pipit asks.

"Yeah, Gaepora won't exactly be forgiving after we ran off twice!" I say, placing my hands on my hips.

"Let me talk to him," Link says. "I'll explain why I was so desperate to run off, how I convinced you all to come with me. I'll tell him everything about Zelda... and hopefully he'll be a little more lenient."

"What should we do?" Emzy asks.

"We'll go do some research," Karane says. "Try and find out what we can about the Triforce - there's got to be something in our history books!"

There's an exchange of nervous nods and mumbled agreements before we push open the doors of the Knight Academy and make our way in.

Posted

It had been a while since Zurin's friends returned to the sky, and he had spent the last few hours thinking about recent events while sitting outside the Sealed Grounds. Thinking back, he recalled a conversation between himself and the rest of the group regarding a possible demon living in the sky. Although some monsters were naturally able to migrate to the sky after being spawned by a demon on the surface, some of the phenomenons described by his friends sounded like the work of a nearby demon, particularly the simple malicious creatures that came out at night or lived in local caves. These monsters and their demon masters typically gravitated toward human settlements, and he had gathered only two really existed in the sky. The one he had been taken to, that pumpkin-shaped restaurant, didn't have any monsters, so the demon could only be at...

"Skyloft!" Zurin spoke aloud to himself. "I'll have to inform the others to look into this." Contacting the gossip stone, the demon was surprised to hear Link's voice instead of the usual response from one of the girls. When asked, Link explained he had borrowed the stone from the rest of the group and forgotten to return it. "The reason I'm contacting you," Zurin continued, "is that I have deduced a demon must be living in Skyloft. I can't figure out his or her intentions, but the evidence you mentioned a while back means there must be one somewhere in town." The hero was understandably worried about this news. "That can't be good! I'll have to put the search for the Triforce on hold if a demon is threatening Skyloft. Any idea where to look for this bad guy?" Zurin took a moment to recall everything he knew about demons who preferred to work in isolation, then replied, "demons often interact with humans in subtle ways, so I would ask around for any rumors or strange sightings. They are also most active at night, so limit your search to times after sundown." Link thanked him for the advice, then pocketed the stone to go find his friends.

Posted

(Hi I'm back! Is the demon we're looking for the one that you give gratitude crystals to? Or is there a demon possessing the wale?)

Posted

(yup, just looking for the gratitude crystal collecting Batreaux was what I had in mind, you don't have to worry about the gratitude crystal part of the sidequest if you don't want to though :) )

Posted

(Ok thanks.)

We decide to ask around if anyone had seen anything out of the ordinary. We don't say demon spusificly because we don't want to worry people.

After we've found nothing in Skyloft, we go to the Lumpy Pumpikn where an old man is going round telling everyone he saw a monster.

"What did it look like?" Link asked him.

"It was the most horrible thing!" The man replied, "If you go to the graveyard at night, you can sometimes see him."

We pretend to think he's crazy like everyone else, then we walk outside.

"Do you think he's telling the truth?" Bryarly asks.

"Only one way to find out." Link replies.

"So we're going to stake out all night to find a demon who might not even be there?" Karane asks.

"I don't really like going to the graveyard." Fledge says, "it's always really creepy there."

"A graveyard is hardly as creepy as things we've faced before." I say, "and if there is a demon, maybe he'll be a nice one.

"Sounds like a plan." Callia says.

So that night we hide near the graveyard and wait for something to happen.

(I couldn't remember exactly what the old man said but I think I got it about right hopefully lol)

Posted

"Ok, this isn't working out!" Emzy yells.

"What do we do?" I ask.

"Wait guys, what did the old guy say again?" Pipit asks.

No one really paid attention to him, so we all just stare at the ground, a bit ashamed.

"I listened..." Fledge admits.

"Great! So what did he say?" Callia asks.

"Err... he said something about hitting the gravestone closest to the tree and then pull it..." Fledge answers.

"Why didn't you tell us before!" Emzy says, walking forward to the grave, and pulling out her sword. She hits it, and it a monster like face appears, glowing. She pulls the gravestone and storage shed across of the grave opens.

"Wow! Why did that happen?!" Karane yells exited.

Suddenly we hear a child scream.

"Who was that?!" I yell.

Posted (edited)

(Umm... guys? We've completely gone off track of the main point? We'll pick it up later but in the story we'll have to put that first or else it won't make sense!)

"I don't know..." Fledge says, swallowing hard.

"Is it just me or did that sound like Kukiel?" Emzy asks.

"It's not just you, that was definitely Kukiel!" I yelp.

"Come on! She might be in danger!" Link says, dashing towards the now open storage shed door. We all crowd around, glancing in. There's a small hole in the floor, with a long ladder that leads quite a way down.

"What the hell is down there?" Karane asks. "Why don't people know about this?"

Link sighs. "There's only one way to find out."

He grips hold of the ladder and slowly begins to clamber down. We all follow, one by one until we're all standing on the narrow wooden platform below Skyloft. The stars glimmer in the night sky to our left, rocks surround us to our right, and straight ahead there's a doorway with demonic shapes surrounding it.

"What the-" Pipit begins but he's cut off as another scream rips through the air. We all glance at each other nervously for a second, before racing down along the narrow pathway towards the door. Link is the first to reach the door, and doesn't hesitate to rip it open.

Edited by NayruGoddessOfWisdom (see edit history)

Posted

(oh, you all have avatars of your RP characters now! I have to admit I'm a little jealous :P )

Posted

(Oooh I'm totally talking to Laura and asking her to do one for you! Laura drew all of ours btw)

Knuckle likes this

Posted

(wonderful! looking forward to it :D )

Posted

(I know, I thought that too :P Maybe we couldn't search for the Triforce at night or something?)

"What the heck?" Link yells loudly and he takes out his sword.

In front of us, in a dark, rather disturbing looking room stands a tall demon, with a brownish gown, blue and yellow wings and enormous horns. He lets out a surprised gasp, and turns around. He studies us all, and lets out a loud scream. Link wastes no time and slashes at the demon with his sword. Karane immediately runs to Kukiel who is standing in a corner.

Just as Link is about to hit the demon, it yells in fear. "Stop! Please! I beg of you... don't hurt me!"

Link looks around, just as confused as we are.

"Oh goodness, I know how bad this must look to you all right now, but I assure you I mean no harm! We were just playing the scream-as-loud-as-you-can-game! Isn't that a fun game...?" it laughs nervously, "Oh, dear... Perhaps an explanation is in order!"

"Really?" Emzy scoffs sarcastically.

The demon goes on, telling us his name is Batreaux, and that he is a friendly demon, much like Zurin (who we decided not to mention, just in case). He tells us that Kukiel was the only one who wasn't afraid of him, and that she was the only one who wanted to play with him. He goes on and on, saying that he only wants to become friends with all of Skyloft (which seems like an awful plan to me since most people here are already afraid of a Skyloft mantis...)

"You see, I can become a human, but I will need Gratitude Crystals for that... I was wondering if you could-"

"Sorry, but we don't really have time..." Callia says. She explains the whole Zelda situation, and the demon shakes his head.

"Some demons... Anyway, I am truly sorry to bother you with looking for the small girl and all. You all obviously have got more important things to handle..."

"Maybe when this is all over with," I smile.

"Ah, that would be truly amazing!" Batreaux smiles back.

"Well, we'll take Kukiel back home, and see you later, bye Batreaux!" Pipit says, giving Kukiel a piggyback ride.

"Good bye all!" he replies.

"That was so weird..." Link mutters when we are back outside in the open again.

Posted

We take Kukiel back home to her mother and father, both of whom are overjoyed to see their daughter safe again. We don't tell them everything about the Demon, we simply say that Kukiel was playing on the other side of the lake and was too scared to jump over the stepping stones alone at night time. Luckily, Kukiel plays along and her parents buy our story without too much trouble. Her mother thanks us repeatedly, and offers us food and a place to stay overnight. We thank her for her offer, but decide to make our way back over to the academy.

"So Zurin was right..." Bryarly muses as we make our way back across Skyloft.

"I should have realized," I mumble. "Everything he said about Demons letting of the evil aura... the remlits and the bats and-"

"Hey," Fledge says, squeezing my hand. "Don't feel bad, no one realized!"

"Enough about that," Pipit says as we proceed up the little slope outside the bazaar. "What about the triforce? Link, what happened with the headmaster?"

Link blows out his cheeks, as if thinking something over. "I didn't really know what to say to him... I didn't tell him everything about Zelda. I couldn't bare to! But I told him she was safe..." There's a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, in which Link looks completely forlorn before he snaps his attention back to us. "I did ask him about the Triforce, but he said it was too late to discuss such matters and that we should all go and see him in the morning."

"Did he sound annoyed at us for running off?" Emzy asks.

Link shrugs. "It's hard to say, but I doubt we'll get off too easily."

"Oh dear..." I sigh as we reach the doors of the knight academy. "Well there's no point in dwelling on it... I think we should all just try to get a good nights sleep."

Posted

(Hey everyone. I'm really sorry to say but I might not be back on here for I don't know how long because my mum is in hospital with a small problem and I'm staying at my grandma's house with no Internet connection. I'm trying to use my friend's Internet so I hope this posts. I'll try to get back as soon as I can. Once again, I'm really sorry but everyone is ok so don't worry about me.)

Posted

(I'm sorry to hear that, hope to see you again soon though! :( )

Zurin woke up to the familiar sound of hammering and woodworking, signs that Groose was working away on repairing that strange catapult he called the "Grooseinator" or something. It was the day after the demon had contacted his friends and he hadn't received any news yet, but he figured they were busy trying to find the Triforce and the rogue demon to talk. Wanting to kill time, he decided co teleport himself up to that clanking mess and see if he could be of any help to the work effort.

Walking up to the catapult, it seemed Groose was trying to tighten the ropes in some effort to make the payload go farther and faster. "Pardon me," Zurin said, "but if you pull that too tight you'll just end up snapping the wood." Groose grunted in reply. "Well, if I wanted to take advice from a demon, I'd probably have to beat a good answer out of you or I'll just end up with lies," he shot back without looking up. It was a hostile response, but Zurin was either too bored or too stubborn to just give up and go wander elsewhere. "You know, we might not be so naturally opposed as you might think," the demon reckoned, "we both just want to prove we're worth something to our friends." This time Groose did look up at him, and his face was more confused than annoyed. "Alright, maybe I do want to pull my weight around here. What are you trying to help for?" "I've done a lot of bad things, and it spite of it all my friends still want to believe in me." Zurin replied. "I want to return the favor however I can."

After that, Zurin walked over and began to tighten a few screws on the rails; Groose didn't object and even offered to help. The two worked on the project for the rest of the day.