Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Uganda's Parliament has vowed to pass the "Kill the Gays" bill as a 'Christmas Present'

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh, please... You know what, nevermind. Whatever you say.

are you fifteen

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

are you fifteen

Are you fifteen?*

Proper grammar shows maturity. :)

No, I'm not fifteen, if you want to waste time going there though, fine.

Hitler commenced the Holocaust because he believed Jews were the cause of all Germany's problems. It was partially due to the status of his economy, mainly though he wanted Jews out of his country. They were social parasites and a scourge among humanity to him and his regime.

Posted

Genocide is bad. Mm'kay.

Posted

Genocide is bad. Mm'kay.

It's easy though, therefore it's deemed right by some leaders. Some countries just can't be bothered to be more methodical when it comes to their problems, or what they think are problems.

Posted

Oh, please... You know what, nevermind. Whatever you say.

Just being patronising and not offering your reply at all shows a disrespect for the other person's intelligence. Good grammar or not, that's immature from my point of view. Would have been better for you to have replied with your actual reply then, rather than just being all condescending like this. In that scenario, he would reply to you trying to explain where he's coming from, since you're arguing something a little bit different from what he is. Just now however you've thrown snide remarks at two different people before making your reply. It stops being a debate and turns into an argument if you do that.

Just my input, since I'm a bit offended that you're putting down pheo and t1g like that when I know that they're both fairly clever guys. So instead of just going "you're dumb", find out why they believe what they believe and then try and tell them why they have been mislead, and let them try and do the same. But if you find yourselves at an impasse, just drop it.

Oh and don't go on about grammar. Though pheo's post was dumb anyway, don't disregard serious posts on the grounds of grammatical errors, because I think that that's pretty immature too. Some people just don't feel the need to write like they're writing an essay.

Anyway, trivia time, because this is my favourite Nazi Germany trivia. When listing pros and cons of the holocaust, it's a PURE SIN to ignore the fact that out of Nazi Germany we got Fanta. The Coca Cola factories in Germany at the time couldn't make Coca Cola because they couldn't import the ingredients from America or wherever else. So they decided to make a new drink that could be made using ingredients available to them, and so they came up with what we know as Fanta. When deciding on the name someone said "Use your imagination!", which in German is "Fantasie!", to which one of them replied "Fanta!". So after the war when the Coca Cola factories were united once more, Fanta continues production.

This has been today's debatably serious Teto post.

Posted

AS IF I'M CLEVER

Are you fifteen?*

Proper grammar shows maturity. :)

Are you twelve

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted (edited)

AS IF I'M CLEVER

Are you twelve

Look at all of the friends this newbie's made. And I'M patronizing, as told to me by Teto. You can add sarcastic as well. I mean, you got this pheonix (phoenix*) character asking me if I'm 15, now if I'm 12... strange questions from a 20-year old male, they seemed to be overlooked though for their crude terseness. Albeit, I understand mine was as well... but, sure, the veterans got the veteran's backs and newbies are lowly wrongdoers. I get it. ^_^ You can add sarcastic as well. I'll leave it alone now, this has gone no where. Thanks for trying though, guys. I feel welcomed as one could ever be on the internet. :)

Edited by Stylin' Scarecrow (see edit history)

Posted

It's frustrating when there's nothing I can do to make you guys stop, when you're both being as unreasonable as each other. So sorry if it looks pretty one-sided, and as if I'm only fighting you, but in reality I'm against both of you, but your side just has more visible flaws, whereas pheo's is so obvious I really don't have much to say to make it any more clearer to him why he's being a dick. It's not just oldies for oldies, as if I can't see flaws in people I know so well.

As much as I feel like I'm dragging the train so far off the rails to the point of no return, I still think this is as productive for everyone, if not moreso, than another pointless Holocaust debate.

Posted

It's frustrating when there's nothing I can do to make you guys stop, when you're both being as unreasonable as each other. So sorry if it looks pretty one-sided, and as if I'm only fighting you, but in reality I'm against both of you, but your side just has more visible flaws, whereas pheo's is so obvious I really don't have much to say to make it any more clearer to him why he's being a dick. It's not just oldies for oldies, as if I can't see flaws in people I know so well.

As much as I feel like I'm dragging the train so far off the rails to the point of no return, I still think this is as productive for everyone, if not moreso, than another pointless Holocaust debate.

Mhm, that's fair, Teto. Not being sarcastic either. Good on ya. :)

Posted

I'm happy you don't think I'm against you <: You seem cool.

Posted

Yeah, I dunno. I was being a dick because reading his posts made me remember Lethe Albion and his famous "You pit of vipers. You whitewashed tombs" bit. This guy and his posts really remind me of Lethe.

Usually I stay out of the serious discussions forum because I hate winding up in these debates, but Scarecrow's views alone aren't the issue. Reading these posts and looking at everyone's opinions, I'm certain we'd all wind up drawing the same conclusion if we sat here and had our pissing contest about who can use big words like "terseness." T1g and Scarecrow both made true comments about the holocaust. Yes, it pulled germany out of their own depression. Yes, Hitler hated the jews. And if we really want to go into yet another internet halocaust debate, we could all remind ourselves that the jews weren't the only victims of the halocaust, and their 6 million death count was actually something like 11.5, when you add the gyspies and the POW's and the gays and the blacks and everyone who wasn't perfectly aryan.

Scarecrow's problem is that he blatantly doesn't understand how to argue properly. If we seriously want to start pretending a debate or an argument is as simple as a series of statements proven true or false like a philosophy 101 class would have you believe, then we can go into things like Scarecrow's hypocrisy in calling me out on my grammar when, for example, I felt the need to stop reading three sentences into the wall of text he posted this morning in which he both used "their" incorrectly and compared the possible passing of an anti gay bill in Uganda to the Halocaust. Not only is that a gross escalation of the issue at hand, but gay hatred in third world countries is hardly anything new. Go read about what they do in Jamaica.

Scarecrow, you came into this thread proudly preaching how pro gay you are. Great, that's good for you. But then you started going on about everything that's wrong with everything, and insulting respectable people like Chase who point out flaws in your arguments. No, proper grammar does not denote maturity, and neither do big words. If that were true, that long midieval period you don't pretend to enjoy would have lasted a whole lot longer, thanks to all that illiteracy. And even if it did, you're not in any position to start correcting me on it. You are not inherently right for believing what you believe, and saying "you know what, nevermind" is not, in actuality, a reasonable response to a post. That's exactly why I asked you if you were fifteen, and then twelve. When you learn how to actually talk to someone you disagree with, and how to use facts that you know are true, can cite, and are relevant to the issue at hand, then we can talk about uganda.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I dunno. I was being a dick because reading his posts made me remember Lethe Albion and his famous "You pit of vipers. You whitewashed tombs" bit. This guy and his posts really remind me of Lethe.

Usually I stay out of the serious discussions forum because I hate winding up in these debates, but Scarecrow's views alone aren't the issue. Reading these posts and looking at everyone's opinions, I'm certain we'd all wind up drawing the same conclusion if we sat here and had our pissing contest about who can use big words like "terseness." T1g and Scarecrow both made true comments about the holocaust. Yes, it pulled germany out of their own depression. Yes, Hitler hated the jews. And if we really want to go into yet another internet halocaust debate, we could all remind ourselves that the jews weren't the only victims of the halocaust, and their 6 million death count was actually something like 11.5, when you add the gyspies and the POW's and the gays and the blacks and everyone who wasn't perfectly aryan.

Scarecrow's problem is that he blatantly doesn't understand how to argue properly. If we seriously want to start pretending a debate or an argument is as simple as a series of statements proven true or false like a philosophy 101 class would have you believe, then we can go into things like Scarecrow's hypocrisy in calling me out on my grammar when, for example, I felt the need to stop reading three sentences into the wall of text he posted this morning in which he both used "their" incorrectly and compared the possible passing of an anti gay bill in Uganda to the Halocaust. Not only is that a gross escalation of the issue at hand, but gay hatred in third world countries is hardly anything new. Go read about what they do in Jamaica.

Scarecrow, you came into this thread proudly preaching how pro gay you are. Great, that's good for you. But then you started going on about everything that's wrong with everything, and insulting respectable people like Chase who point out flaws in your arguments. No, proper grammar does not denote maturity, and neither do big words. And even if it did, you're not in any position to start correcting me on it. You are not inherently right for believing what you believe, and saying "you know what, nevermind" is not, in actuality, a reasonable response to a post. That's exactly why I asked you if you were fifteen, and then twelve. When you learn how to actually talk to someone you disagree with, and how to use facts that you know are true, can cite, and are relevant to the issue at hand, then we can talk about uganda.

Cool. Thanks for comparing me to whoever Lethe is, I'm sure that's nothing short of a compliment. I don't use big words to seem pretentious either, I just enjoy expanding my vocabulary and I'm sorry that bothers you for some reason. :| So long then, I guess I'll go learn how to argue now so I can properly place myself among the pantheon of experts of textual discourse.

Posted

Lethe was a guy who joined our forum for a month or so three years ago, who was apparently being raised by tea party activists.

You can find his first post here.

Posted (edited)

Lethe was a guy who joined our forum for a month or so three years ago, who was apparently being raised by tea party activists.

You can find his first post here.

Hahaha, he seems like a jar of peanut butter that only contains nuts. That comparison is poor though, I'm not against gays and I completely advocate equal rights for homosexuality because I have no reason to be against them. Sure, maybe him and I are similar in a preachy sense.

I felt the need to stop reading three sentences into the wall of text he posted this morning in which he used "their" incorrectly.

Never mentioned I was perfect either. People make mistakes everyday, countries make mistakes every day. Amid a few misspellings, I'm actually quite keen on my grammar, more so than you obviously but that's not to be taken as a spiteful delivery, just making a point.

Posted

You two are identical in a preachy sense. The only difference is you're on opposite sides of the debate.