Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What kind of Art do you like: The Test

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Ever wonder what kind of art you like but never know what kind of art you like? Good here's how you know what kind of art you like.

Here's my result (try to use imgur to upload)

SiWwX.png

It only applies to like 1400-1920 ish, so.

I'm surprised I had such a high result for rococo (Fancy fluffy happy lovey dovey playful shit).

It's not really a fair test because it compares two completely different paintings from completely different eras with outrageously different themes/messages/hidden meanings relevant to their time against each other, and asks you "which one is prettier." Plus its random so that just makes it worse maybe. But who cares its art.

Posted (edited)

I strongly dislike most every image hosting site. I also don't want to save the image at all.

Edited by Silver Moon (see edit history)

Posted

THEN TYPE THE RESULTS

Posted

I WAS GETTING TO THAT. I'M STILL IN CHATROOM MENTALITY.

Realism: 5

Impressionism: 8

Post-Impressionism: 7

Classicism: 8

Expressionism: 10

Baroque: 3

Rococo: 6

Romanticism: 7

Posted

Gosh some of these are unfair. I mean I like the style of one better than the other, but the nicer style one has a guy with a really bad beard.

B0zDW.png

And by that I think they mean I have a preference for better looking people, better fashion, and nicer landscapes.

Posted

Yeah. There are a lot of times you look at these and go "jesus christ they're both good." and "they're both bad" and so on. It's a really inaccurate way for them to test whatever they're testing.

Posted

Gosh some of these are unfair. I mean I like the style of one better than the other, but the nicer style one has a guy with a really bad beard.

And by that I think they mean I have a preference for better looking people, better fashion, and nicer landscapes.

so much of this.

artio.png

honestly, i know what i like, and they didnt show me any of it, really. too many landscapes and too many portraits of rich people. as a result, i look like some sort of classic art junkie, when i usually look briefly at those paintings and go "damn that is some insane techniques they had" before moving on with life. really, that cloth.

but like i said, they had nothing like burning rods, which i inexplicably love to death (photos do not do it justice). really, its bloody huge, occupies the wall all to itself, and the texture is just nuts. p sure theres a shoe in it, too, if im remembering it right.

nowhere did they offer me things like thisor thisor thisor thisor this (note: the pencils and even the eraser shavings are drawn) or thisor thisor this

Posted

post-620-0-76121900-1353742262_thumb.png

Posted

APSi.png

Guess I'm pretty impressionable.

Posted

honestly, i know what i like, and they didnt show me any of it, really. too many landscapes and too many portraits of rich people. as a result, i look like some sort of classic art junkie, when i usually look briefly at those paintings and go "damn that is some insane techniques they had" before moving on with life. really, that cloth.

Yeah, like I said its a really narrow view of a really narrow view of a really narrow view of art history. Try not to take it seriously.

Posted

Hiya!

PZyR9.png

Pretty swell, I think!

Posted

I got an 11 in naruto