Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If an MM remake/ remastering is confirmed...

4 posts in this topic

Posted

What would you like to see included in an improved edition? I wouldn't only expect a complete high definition overhaul but also I'd wish for a more finely detailed environment, with more to play around with and traverse through in Clock Town, too the villages and societies that are near each of the four temples. Other littler things pertaining to a more refined nature would be cool too, like seeing the ominously creeping moon in the way we're able to see our moon from Earth, actually knowing that it's traveling light years from outer space before it's to pummel the world of Termina. Perhaps a more threateningly tribal-themed faced carved into its crust also. A system that could allow stronger attributes being applied to certain masks would very cool as well, this would probably provide the game with a more vast range of exploration and side questing.

So, if Majora's Mask were to be remastered or completely revised, mention anything you'd like to see done to the game's features or its story. 

Posted

Honestly, Majora's Mask is pretty good all on its own. The atmosphere, gameplay, and story are already so fantastic that I feel they don't really need touching up. I can agree with you that they should try to add in new ways for you to interact with the masks after you've gotten them for a few of them, although most are already pretty cool, but additional ways to have fun with them never hurt such as the Mask of Scents or Bremen Mask, since both of these only had 1 or 2 uses in total.

Also, giving it the same treat as Ocarina of Time got with the boss challenges. They could maybe even try to give it a "Master Quest" version, although I'd doubt that, but if they did it would be new to everyone and that would be pretty exciting, maybe even change the overworld or the Moon trials?

Stylin' Scarecrow likes this

Posted

Other littler things pertaining to a more refined nature would be cool too, like seeing the ominously creeping moon in the way we're able to see our moon from Earth, actually knowing that it's traveling light years from outer space before it's to pummel the world of Termina.

The Moon is Termina isn't "light years away." Also it's believed to be completely artificially created by the power of Majora. There is a reason why it looks so close to the planet, because it was so close to the planet.

Posted (edited)

The Moon is Termina isn't "light years away." Also it's believed to be completely artificially created by the power of Majora. There is a reason why it looks so close to the planet, because it was so close to the planet.

I'm just saying it'd be cooler to have a stronger astronomical gravity to the doom, that is the moon, approaching. With the many advancements in graphic technology, Nintendo could truly make the distance between Termina and the Moon beautiful. Don't know if you'd agree (given the addressee, probably not) but ambiance and a well decorated environment is a plus for me. But, no one actually knows how far or how close the moon was beginning on the first day. By the dawn of the third day, it's chin seemed only yards away from the tip of the clock tower, but when Link fails to summon each giant, the moon seems to attract this hurdling speed that includes a fiery aura that implies it's entering Termina's atmosphere at a violent rate. You'd think it would sooner begin a surface disintegration, given how close it seemed to by during the second day. 

Edited by Stylin' Scarecrow (see edit history)