Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Favorite Christmas Movies

16 posts in this topic

Posted

It's that time of year again. The Lights have been hung, the tree is decorated, visions of Sugar Plums dance in our heads...and Christmas movies infect every TV channel. Regardless of who you are (or Religious affiliation) you have to have at least one Christmas movie you like. Sound off below: For me I tend to venture off the beaten path Christmas Movie wise. Sure I'll pop in ELF and chuckle at Will Ferrel's inept Buddy the Elf. But I have a ritual that must be followed. There are two christmas movies that I must watch, "Die Hard" and "Die Hard 2". And while these Terrorist smashing, gun shooting, things exploding movies aren't technically Christmas movies they do both revolve around the Holiday.

Posted

Definitely Elf and Home Alone!

Posted

Elf is pretty much the best. I remember at my friends house we'd watch Home Alone 2 a lot, so I always remember that one. Tokyo Godfathers is a nice movie set around Christmas too. Besides those, can't really think of any Christmas movies that stand out much.

Posted

I'll be highly derivative and mention "The Nightmare Before Christmas", which can interchangeably be a Christmas-themed or Halloween-themed movie (dependent on your preference), or it can be both which makes it a superb Thanksgiving flick. All of the old claymation features sure do warm the heart during those chillier days nearer towards Christmas. 

Posted

I honestly don't like any of the Christmas movies I've seen thus far.

Okay maybe Nightmare Before Christmas.

I guess after I stopped believing in things that don't exist Christmas lost all it's magic?

Bah humbug. More like Christmass

Posted

Do the Doctor Who christmas specials count?

Posted

Tim Burton is awful and so is Christmas in general. The end.

Posted

Do the Doctor Who christmas specials count?

Is a Bear Catholic?

Does the Pope shit in the Woods?

Hell yes the Doctor Who Specials count. I'm eagerly counting the days till "The Snowmen".

Posted (edited)

Tim Burton is awful and so is Christmas in general. The end.

That's not even a valid opinion. Maybe your stocking'll be filled with a sense of better judgement this holiday.

Edited by Stylin' Scarecrow (see edit history)

Posted

For some reason the Harry Potter movies are always shown on TV around Christmas.

It must have something to do with the whimsy of the movies and the holiday itself.

Posted

Santa's a wizard, that's why you can respell his name as satan

Posted

no you can't, The Butt King looks nothing like the word Santa

It must have something to do with the whimsy of the movies and the holiday itself.

They have really nice Christmas scenes in the movies as well, which shine brighter than a lot of the other parts of the movie for me. Could be the fact also that the movies were released towards the end of the year for the first couple, although it was November so not really close enough to give that as a reason.

Posted

That's not even a valid opinion. Maybe your stocking'll be filled with a sense of better judgement this holiday.

Tim Burton is awful, Christmas is awful, but most of all, YOU are awful. <3

Posted

Tim Burton is awful, Christmas is awful, but most of all, YOU are awful. <3

Happy holidays to you too, you spiteful diaper rash.

Posted

Remember thos claymation christmas specials where all the holiday characters get together and fight some evil ice wizard or something. With th snow miser and heat miser? Those are lik intravenous nostalgia for me