Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Movie Trailers

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Megathread so that I can post the trailer for Pacific Rim, directed by Guillermo del Toro. It couldn't be any more obvious that GLaDOS's voice actress is in this movie.

Posted

A big part of me wants to be upset and not see this movie at all specifically because they used glados. I mean yeah, it's not glados, but glados is such an iconic character, and in many ways we specifically know her just because of her voice, so the fact that they literally did everything exactly the same way they did glados's voice is just, what? And this is Del Toro, he's supposed to be known for being pretty creative, why the hell can't he find a real voice to use that isn't glados?

Posted

I mean, yeah, but it's literally glados. They didn't change anything at all, whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody got sued.

Posted

They got the same voice actress as GLaDOS. That isn't coincidence.

It will be really jarring.

Posted

The VO actress who plays GLaDOS is Ellen McLain and no, she's not in Pacific Rim. And if everyone who used a female Robotic Voice got sued there'd be no female robotic voices.

Posted

So excited for this. Then Godzilla 2014. The kaiju movie's coming back

Posted

The VO actress who plays GLaDOS is Ellen McLain and no, she's not in Pacific Rim

I did check before I posted this you know, so shhh

http://www.pacificrim-movie.net/news/439

Posted

Still, between the GLaDOS voice and the "alien monsters coming through a portal from another dimension", I'm guessing somebody on the staff is a big Valve fan.

Posted

A quote in the article I just linked last page: http://www.pacificrim-movie.net/news/439

"I'm a big fan of Valve," del Toro said, adding "Portal and Left 4 Dead have been instrumental family experiences at my house." When Del Toro made the call to Gabe Newell, del Toro used his daughter's influence to seal the deal. "Like a complete geek," according to Del Toro, she - he didn't specify which of his two children it was - let her love for Valve shine through, and helped clinch it. "My family was instrumental," del Toro beamed.

Also I realised that this Kotaku article actually had a video, and that it wasn't just a picture. It's an interview with del Toro himself.

http://kotaku.com/5951086/guillermo-del-toros-next-movie-has-a-little-glados-in-it

Posted

This movie is paying homage to not only some of the greatest Kaiju movies of all time, but to the halcyon days of mecha. Why not use one of the most famous robot voice settings for the AI. Its not like Portal is an untouchable pure goldmine that no one can ever reference ever, because of the artistic integrity, dontcha know.

Posted

This thread needs to be revived. 

So i just saw the trailer to "The Maze Runner" and I guess it's a book too. Is anyone familiar with it? It's super peeked my interest. I love labyrinths and maze-like environments. Can you guys tell me anything about it beyond this trailer? Is the book good?