Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

-72-

6 posts in this topic

Posted

They're pretty cool I guess. I think you did a good job with conveying the mood and atmosphere. I liked the contrast between the carefree first two days and the weary, sorrowfulish last day. Also how during the third day Link started out depressed but went into denial before giving up and facing reality at the end. The camera work was pretty good at times and some of the parts were pretty creative but some of the shots were boring. Too much parkour too. It didn't do much but fill in the first two days and make the contrast in mood so there wasn't any real need for so much of it. Also the text at the start was annoyingly complicated. It kind of added to the mood but it also detracted from it because it was hard to understand and slowed down the already slow paced intro. Overall the videos were interesting and creative but boring at times. 

The themes that I got from it were all interpretation obviously. Sorry if I misinterpreted the videos and/or missed the point. 

Stylin' Scarecrow likes this

Posted (edited)

They're pretty cool I guess. I think you did a good job with conveying the mood and atmosphere. I liked the contrast between the carefree first two days and the weary, sorrowfulish last day. Also how during the third day Link started out depressed but went into denial before giving up and facing reality at the end. The camera work was pretty good at times and some of the parts were pretty creative but some of the shots were boring. Too much parkour too. It didn't do much but fill in the first two days and make the contrast in mood so there wasn't any real need for so much of it. Also the text at the start was annoyingly complicated. It kind of added to the mood but it also detracted from it because it was hard to understand and slowed down the already slow paced intro. Overall the videos were interesting and creative but boring at times. 

The themes that I got from it were all interpretation obviously. Sorry if I misinterpreted the videos and/or missed the point. 

That is quite literally the most thorough and thoughtful criticism I've received throughout the months leading up to the videos' debut and during the release. Though you felt there were cons having to do with my project, you've also boasted what you enjoyed about it. The gesture of you actually investing the time to analyze the videos after letting them regale you in their utmost fullness is something I see as a Christmas gift. Yours is one of the most vividly and happily read opinions I'd ever had directed at anything I've ever uploaded. Thank you very much, Linkprow and enjoy a Merry Christmas. :)

Below is the final video of the series. I hope you find it to be a fitting finish to the series. Again, a huge thanks to you, friend.

Edited by Stylin' Scarecrow (see edit history)

Posted

Camera work was well done, creative, and interesting. Like during the flashback part you could see the thought that went into some of the camera angles/parkour. The flashback part overall was creative and interesting but too long. Also it kind of confused me. Link seemed remorseful during that segment but everything else in the video seemed to convey that everything in the world was alright. I don't know, pretty sure I missed something.  The moving bike camera part was too long but I liked the upbeat and tranquil mood during it. Really nice, positive and upbeat conclusion. The message at the end was good as well but the language was too complicated again. Overall a lot like the other videos; creative, interesting, and well made, but too long. 

Stylin' Scarecrow likes this