Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The End of the World

8 posts in this topic

Posted

According to the Mayan Long Count Calendar the 13th Baktun will end on December 21st 2012. How do you want the world to end?

For my money, it'll be Zombies. That or Kim Kardashian will reveal herself as an Evil genius and take control of the worlds governments with secretly hidden nuclear weapons.

Posted

Copied from wikipedia:

The Daleks (also known as The Mutants and The Dead Planet) is the second serial in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who, which was first broadcast in seven weekly parts from 21 December 1963 to 1 February 1964.

If the the world must end, I will not tolerate anything but extermination by the Daleks.

Posted

The world wont end. Time is cyclical. so basically well be getting us some dinosaurs!

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

The world wont end. Time is cyclical. so basically well be getting us some dinosaurs!

HELL.

FUCKING.

YES.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted (edited)

Guys

The Mayans never predicted any doom

It's the end of a period of time on their calendar, like a month to us

They have like 19 more spaces that come after it, and they've depicted things happening on Earth like 17,000 years from now, they found a calendar predicting lunar cycles for 17 B'ak'tuns, all kinds of future crap

The only reason people believe it could mean destruction is because the Mayans believed there were three worlds created before ours, but weren't fertile enough for proper life. The worlds had 13 B'ak'tuns to prove themselves worthy, and failed, so they were destroyed. Ours, the fourth world, was satisfactory so we were put here to thrive.

The only actual date mentioning anything that could be problematic was like 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0, because it's believed that's when time cycles through to begin again

We're at the 13.0.0.0.0 mark

Nothing's happening tomorrow, and if it does, I won't be around to be corrected :>

Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)

Posted

Well. I'll be going on a date with my boyfriend since tomorrow marks a year since we went on our first date. 

Just another day before christmas for me lol

Posted

on the first day of the endoftheworld, the mayans gave to meeeeee

nooooo eleeeec-tri-ci-tyyyyyyyyyy

seriously, the worst way to spend the first day of the not-end of the world. my house is plenty cold enough with the heat (kainda) on, we didnt need no heat at all :<

*edit*

i go check out DA and find this:

1st_painted_new_majora__s_mask_by_hylian

Posted

I heard an interesting theory. The Mayans knew that most people wouldn't take their prediction of the end of the world seriously, so they actually predicted the end of the world one day ahead of time just to lull us into a false sense of security and then BOOM--apocalypse!

Chimetals likes this