Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CHRISTMAS 2012

54 posts in this topic

Posted

It's the season of joy! It's the season to be jolly! it's CHRISTMAS. :D \o/ :D My favourite time of the year! 

I mean we've survived the "apocalypse" so now it's time to get excited for our favourite winter holiday!

Sooo, guys. Are you celebrating Christmas this year? What are your plans for the season? Any special traditions? What would you like to receive for Christmas? (and what did you get when the day arrives!) How many times have you heard the same horrible Christmas songs played around the shops? Just, discuss anything possible about Christmas! happy happy joy joyyy \o/

OH MAN does anyone have any horrible Christmas Jokes? I have one!!! Answer will be given after someone replies. oh the suspense!

"What is Santa's favourite genre of music?"

Posted

Hip-hohohop

Posted

BZZZZZZZZZZ. Wrong! Great attempt though! Better than the actual answer...

It's WRAP music. Ha. Haha. Hahaha. So punnyyyyy :D

Posted

I know two things I'm getting, and the rest is surprise-mobiles. I'm getting the Raspberry Pi computer (It's the size of a credit card!) and a grey flannel shirt.

Good haul, I'd say. :3

I didn't really want anything this year.

Posted

I hopes I get my hidden blade replica!

Posted

Well my birthday is 2 days before Christmas, so between the two I'll probably be getting a Galaxy S3 with a case and screen protector, Dragon's Dogma, FIFA 13, and an external hard drive.

It's a shame I couldn't get a Wii U though. But never mind, I will get over it and be grateful and happy and cheerful because it's CHRISTMAS yayy :)

But to be honest, I'm just not really feeling the Christmas spirit yet. Maybe it's because I only just finished school.

In terms of celebrating, we are going to be inviting people over for Christmas dinner. However, being a Coptic Orthodox, we also celebrate Christmas on the 7th January. But that usually has more of a religious element to it. (There is still a religious element to the 25th too)

Posted

i will probably be getting a watch. i really need it, too, as my current one has outlived one of its screws, two of its buttons, the wrist strap, countless wrist straps made of duct tape, and most of its paint job. i dont know how the battery isnt dead :/

other than that, i asked for whatever i could think of, like making my computer not suck anymore so i can play games again (my parents werent thrilled--"you should be studying, not playing games" etc etc) and an ECE-type kit for better headphone repair. also korezon DVDs and p4/p4 arena i will beat t1g again one day i swear

also, the neighbors down the street from my house have apparently gone all-out this year. thats saying something, as they usually have carols playing 24/7 as well as a bunch of yard decorations (to contrast, my family just puts up some lights, and a tree with waaaaaaaay too many ornaments, accumulated over the years)

Posted

The only thing I know I'm getting this year is a Nexus 4, it was the only thing I asked for anyway since my iPhone 3GS is getting sorta old and the headphone jack barely works. If Android had been a thing back when I needed a phone I would never have gotten it, I don't like apple products at all and hate being tied down to the shitty application that is iTunes.

There wasnt really much that I wanted this year, though its been like that for the past couple years. Im hard to buy for since I only ever want one or two big ticket expensive items. Parts for my computer usually. So otherwise I'm just expecting to get a bunch of clothes (which I desperately need more of, making up years of wasted clothes shopping here) and money (hopefully saving up to get a new graphics card, not that I really need one lol).

As I write this I'm on the second leg of a 14 hour drive out east to visit my step brother's family, which hopefully won't be too bad. They have a history of getting stressed and irritable when hosting family, so were only staying for 5 days or so. At the very least I'm looking forward to seeing my 3 year old niece again. I just realized this is the first time they've seen me since I transitioned, so this will either be interesting or sort of unpleasant.

Posted

I'm getting a PS Vita. And a signed copy of Greg Gutfeld's The Joy of Hate. An excellent haul, I'd have to say.

Posted

I have a feeling that I will be receiving a book of jazz solos transcribed on tenor saxophone. It should progress my advancement in learning the saxophone. =)

Besides that, there is nothing of interest I wish to receive. It seems the older I get, the less I want to receive in general. 

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted (edited)

Everyone gets such cool stuff.

Lucky. :P

Hey, True Gamer, can you play the saxophone solo from Careless Whisper by Tears for Fears?

DAAA DA DAA DAA DAAAA DA DAAA DAAA DA DA DAAA DA DA DAAA DA DA DA DA DAAAAA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA....

Edited by Silver Moon (see edit history)
Skridovaste likes this

Posted

Oh, you mean that one song by George Michael?

...yes...yes I can...haha

Posted

GUYS

IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER TERRIBAD CHRISTMAS JOKE 

ok, SO, "what is the difference between a turkey and a chicken..."   :D

again no answer until someone attempts a guess \o/

Posted

Chickens are too afraid to come to dinner?