Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CHRISTMAS 2012

54 posts in this topic

Posted

okay wow I'm super-duper dumb guys. I totally puppyed up the question. It was actually "Why are turkeys smarter than chickens." Don't ask how I got that wrong I don't even know ): youse can try again!! why dpn't I have my joke advent calender on meeee

I still like Teto's answer though, it's way better than the actual answer...

Posted

TETO BATHYKOLPIAN(Totally his full name) NOMINATED FOR FUNNIEST SCOTTISH GUY ON A SEMI-UNACTIVE WEBSITE

A very prestigious(And specific) award.

Also a turkey is not smarter because it gets eaten in some traditions.

My family eats ham, though.

Teto likes this

Posted

because chickens are afraid

they're chicken

Posted

oh

oh no

But I suppose that's debatable. Are we all chicken shamers now? Just because their fear keeps them running away from our dinner table, we resort to calling them cowards? Saying "look up to the turkeys, setting a good example" and "if you were smart you wouldn't run away from people who want to kill you".

Posted

So my best friend just dropped by and gave me a few gifts

Nothing big, the first two, but the last one

He didn't even know, I've been wanting one for years

Item 1

A Portal Turret that lights up and plays sound

Item 2

A Micro Sonic Grenade, useful in annoying the crap out of people

Item 3

A green laser pointer. They aren't very special, but I love them because they're really fun and useful in a few situations

It made me quite happy, and I still haven't stopped playing with the pointer

Posted

Gonna go pick up a couple presents for friends today. Might even get something for EDA.

In other news, I am terrible at wrapping Christmas presents. Decorating it after it's wrapped? I'm awesome at doing that. The wrapping itself? Looks like a brain-dead monkey did it.

Posted

I bought pretty decent presents this year I think. Well, not for Cascade, since we basically just went into a supermarket and she was like "I have no money can you help pay for my groceries*" (*by groceries I mean sweets and fizzy drink)

But for my family I got my mother a period drama on DVD (Far from the Madding Crowd), my dad I got a book he'd been meaning to get for a while, my oldest brother I got the Persepolis book, second oldest brother I got just a CD that I thought he might like, and my sister I got her a game (originally, though it turned out someone also got her that, so I got her just some book instead) and a HDMI cable (wrapped in shiny red string with a bow on it, to contrast the bulkiness of the cable).

I also got DVDs for a few of my friends. Since Tesco had DVDs for £3 each I got them each some naff, but watchable, movies. Homeward Bound, Charlie and the Chocolate factory (original), and Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The Narnia one is an in-joke with us now that we watched it like three times in a night on some anytime movie channel. It's pretty lame.

The only things I know what I'm getting are from my parents, which are the Sly Cooper collection on PS3, Samurai Champloo on DVD (though I'm not meant to know, because I said I wouldn't check to see what was missing from my Amazon wishlist), and The Earthsea Quartet, which I bought in advance before it went out of stock, and they paid me back for. Those things themselves are like £70 altogether, and they already helped me out partly with affording my new laptop earlier this year, putting (a lot) more money into my birthday present.

Posted

I'm actually not sure what I'm getting this year, and I kind of like it like that. I asked for a good bike pump, and some bike shoes and clips so I think those are the definite ones, and they're pretty pricey apiece. I wanted a nice, casual watch with a leather band but I never got around to picking out what style I liked. Also wanted a nice pair of headphones (as I was telling Sahaqiel earlier) but not sure if that's happening either.

I asked for a new TV since mine is one of those old ones and has the same size screen as my current laptop, 13" -- its only redeeming value is its built-in DVD player. I got it 7 years ago lol. But yeah TVs are expensive now :< so not sure about that either.

And I wanted a spare set of sheets for my bed since I only have one set and it's annoying to remember to wash them on my laundry days.

For the family, I actually did all my shopping today lol. I got my mom a nice sweaterdress I thought she would like and a food chopper since her old one broke, and my brother a wine stopper he mentioned he really liked and a $10 Google play card since he's into buying apps and whatnot. Dad just got his first smart phone, so I got him a GPS prop for his phone for the car. For my sister, I'm not sure what I'm getting her yet lol. But I won't see her until after Christmas anyway. And for my boyfriend, a nice pair of running shorts and a snazzy cocktail shaker since he's legal and stuff now, and always whines about how he never knows what to drink. 

Posted

I went Christmas shopping today. I had a budget of £30 but I spend that all on Just Dance 4 for my sister. So I decided to spend £10 more. I got my brother a Beatles poster, for £2, and my dad a USB Mug Warmer for £3. It's a pretty cool concept. You plug it into your computer and it warms up and so keeps your drink warm. For my mum I got some tea towels for £2. 

Also, it's my birthday tomorrow yay :D

Posted

I'm broke until next Friday, so I can't do Christmas shopping until the 28th. Sorta embarrassing, but oh well. :P

Planning on getting an Appa pillow pet for my best friend, as she loves The Avatar cartoon. I'm buying materials at Home Depot to make a home-made beer-bong for a close friend of mine who made one a while ago (It recently disappeared). Its kind of an inside joke from last summer, and we don't use it as much as we probably should. For my best male friend, I'm thinking of getting him tickets to a an edm group he is into (hopefully Above and Beyond) for him and his girlfriend. 

Should probably start looking for low prices.

Posted

I'm getting a trip to scotland, so I didn't ask for anything. Though in retrospect, I could have gone for a new pair of speakers for my computer, or maybe Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 for Mac.

True Gamer likes this

Posted

You're also going to Scotland? Isn't Knuckle, too?

Man.

Posted

Everyone is traveling places, and I've never left ol' California. =< Lucky!

Posted

I'd like to go to the UK.

Posted

Just finished the last of my Christmas shopping! Got 'em wrapped, too! And I managed to make them look good!

And I've never left the U.S.A.. I'd love to visit France one day, though. Especially around Nice or the French wine country.