Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CHRISTMAS 2012

54 posts in this topic

Posted

France sucks. Booo. Hisss.

Well, only if you're American - a lot of the people there (I've only been to Paris, in fact I think its different in the countryside) think Americans are lazy, fat, and arrogant, and will treat you as inferior. Not saying everyone is that way but you're bound to encounter it somewhere if you go to the main cities.

At least they have good food and cool landmarks though.

Posted

Oh, I've been to france before. It's actually not as bad as everyone thinks. They're all about as rude as any other country I've seen, anyways. I spent about a week and a half there in highschool and a lot of people told me I blended right in.

Scotland isn't my finalized choice, it's just one of my first ones. I'd like to go to Scotland just because it's where people I know live, and because it seems like a generally nice play to spend four or so months in, and because they all speak english there. That's the main reason. I'd really like to go to france, and it would definitely be my first choice if I knew I could get away with speaking english living there. I only took two years of highschool french, and that was just enough for me to order food politely (though mostly inaccurately). The rest of the time was spent talking to my english speaking friends. I have no idea how I'd fare socially in france for four months without being able to speak much french.

Posted

I confess...I opened some of my presents midnight going into today (Christmas Eve). I couldn't help it. :P

I got a new phone, which I definitely needed. I've had my current phone since my freshman year of high school (7 years or so), as well as a bunch of home-made brownies and gingerbread cookies. But what I loved the most was the christmas card my best friend made for me. Honestly, one of the most thoughtful and sincere things I've ever received. She made it herself, and included some pictures of us from disneyland (some of which I've posted on the "Post Yourself" thread), and made this whole "Pop-Up card/book" feel to it. Its just amazing, in my opinion. I'll try to post a picture of it later after getting some sleep though my laptop's camera. I just love it. :D

Posted

So yesterday was my birthday (I know, I've said it a million times now.) But I got a Galaxy S III. IT'S SO FUN OMG. I got emulators on it too. Soon I will have aLttP on my SNES emulator but I need to get my save off my PSP emulator. I also need to get a Game Boy emulator so I can play Pokémon on the go. I also got a case and a screen protector.

So what other cool stuff can I do on an android? Not done much so far.

In terms of the day itself, it was pretty good. My internal alarm clock woke me up at like 2am. So I woke up and played on my phone for like 3 hours. Then at around 10, we went to church (no religious arguments please). Afterwards we went to a family friends house for a couple of hours and had cake :D Then we came home and had more cake. (The first wasn't planned). Then after that I sat in the computer where I deleted my iTunes library by accident :( I wasn't that bothered anyway. So yeah, that's about it.

Merry Christmas Eve :)

Posted

guess what im getting for christmas

ti_calc_ti_84plus_med.jpg

Posted

Well, I'm going to bed now so I can wake up early and be über keen yay :)

Goodnight and hope you had a great Christmas Eve!

Posted

aaaaaaaa so much clothes and jewelry I'm drowning

(Our family opens all our gifts on Xmas eve instead)

Unfortunately the Nexus 4 is still back ordered but as soon as its available its set up to be shipped, hopefully won't be too long. But I did get a couple cute scarves and socks and a cashmere hoodie and a bunch of earrings and a new watch and a bunch of other stuffff

yay

Posted

Merry_Christmas_2004_by_CoolerKing.jpg

I liked this post so it would have a star on it (christmas star etc)

Posted

Happy 5pm from Scotland. I think we started on opening presents around midday or 1pm. Not long finished dinner. I wonder what quiet Christmases with a 3 person family is like. My house has my parents, me, my sister, her boyfriend, my brother, his fiancee, her friend, and my other brother. So 9 people altogether. Currently taking a break because socializing is difficult and strange.

Besides my predicted Sly Trilogy, Samurai Champloo, and Earthsea book, I got Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases from my sister, which should actually be pretty neat, since I hold no bad feelings for Death Note at all really. Besides that, got regular Christmas stuff; chocolate, t-shirts, socks, toiletries.

Mostly looking forward to playing Sly, watching Samurai Champloo, and reading the Earthsea and Death Note books I got <:

Posted

A good day all around. My Sister got me Wireless Headphones, Dad bought me a $100 Walmart Giftcard, My Mom got me "Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas" by John Scalzi, A custom Skyward Sword cover for my Kindle Fire HD and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy on Blu-Ray. My other sister has yet to come over, but judging by how Wasted she was this morning it'll probably be a few hours before she get around to it.

Posted

My Christmas had an... interesting surprise. In that my stocking was stuffed with, along with normal sorts of things, tiny bottles of liquor.

Posted

The Earthsea series is fantastic, and I hope you enjoy the book.

I didn't really get anything unexpected, since my sister got a new flute and that pretty much exhausted the Christmas funds. I got a new French Press, since my old one broke, and a yixing-lined tumbler for tea. I also had some help paying for an audio interface that I bought, so I'm counting that $50 towards my Christmas presents.

Mostly, Christmas was good because I got to spend time with my family and friends, and I've missed them since being in college.

Posted

Besides my immediate family, I'm not truly close to most of my relatives. Guess since they live in Mexico and stuff. =/ (I've never met most of my family). Something to work on in the future.

I woke up today with my brother asking if I like a certain tequila I've never tried. Apparently, he bought a bottle this morning. Guess I'm getting hammered today with my brother and dad.

Posted

:) 

A_A35W5CEAAmS7y.jpg

Teto likes this