Adventure Time Discussion

49 posts in this topic

Posted

So quite a few of you watch Adventure Time and I've watched a few episodes and I want to get into it a bit more so I thought why not make a discussion thread for it.

So which are the best episodes? Do I need to watch all the episodes in order or can I just randomly choose an episode and watch?

The thread isn't for my noob questions, those are just questions to start the discussion. Feel free to discuss anything else Adventure Time related.

Posted

I'm glad you made this since by default all the adventure time related posts have been going to LL's thread about Adventure Time being 'on the down slope',

And I don't think it's really all that important to watch them all in order really. There's not a huge lot of continuity, apart from maybe the part where tree trunks gets stuck in a crystal and then in another episode they find her in a crystal realm, or when lemongrab is introduced and then returns, and then the whole finn/flame princess episodes. It's better to watch them all in order though, so I'd go with that.

By the way, what's ignited this flame of discovering everything all at once online with you lately? Getting into anime, looking into music, starting Adventure Time, and posting on tumblr about how you're wanting to start Homestuck. I'm pretty sure I've done that before; taking on a lot of things all at once. Don't go overboard though, try and pace yourself a bit and maybe don't try and have it all, all at once. Though eventually if you keep forcing it all in, you will catch up, but still.

Posted

Anime has been a target for a long time to be honest and I think I've settled into it now, it's just a matter of exploring new genres etc. My music library needs sorting out since my tastes have changed a lot recently and I figured now would be a good time since I'm getting a new phone. I discovered Adventure Time in the summer but never really got into it, until now where I'm going to actually try. I heard about Homestuck when I joined this forum. It seemed pretty cool but I never really looked into it. But I guess it comes under the fact that I want to get into comics in general. I'm not really sure what started these interests but maybe it's because I want to move them away from mainstream.

Anyway, back to the topic. I can't sleep so I'm just gonna stay up and start watching Adventure Time yay

Posted

this is like the 4th AT discussion thread weve had har har

Posted

This is supposed to be general though.

Posted

Post ur favourite Adventure Time episodes now why not.

Mine are probably:

• The Jiggler
  • It Came From The Nightosphere
  • Go With Me
  • Belly of the Beast
  • Incendium
  • Goliad
  • I Remember You

Posted

Season One has 80% of my favorite moments. I'm a sucker for good One Liners and humor that just sort of pop up in your face from nowhere, and this show is riddled with stuff like that (though that all but goes away in season 4). Donni the Jerk is probably my favorite episode, for that reason. But there's still a whole bunch of good ones from the first season I'm clearly not thinking of.

Posted

My favourites aren't really based on combined value of the jokes. I think it's just the fact they're the easiest to rewatch. Incendium and I Remember You for sentimental value in song. The Jiggler for Finn's baby song, and the ending "I'll never kidnap again". Go With Me for the fact FInn thought releasing wolves into Princess Bubblegum's bedroom would be a good way to make her like him. Goliad having the voice of a little english girl, saying funny/sinister things doesn't get old for me.

It Came From The Nightosphere and Belly of the Beast are sort of ones that don't really make it onto the list, but I watch multiple times because of the ending "See you in the Nightosphere you sick freak" or the 'everything's dead' song. If I'm allowing Belly of the Beast on there though I should probably mention Trouble in Lumpy Space too.

But yeah, probably

I Remember You > Incendium > Go With Me = Goliad > The Jiggler

Posted

Top 10 Favourite Episodes That I've Seen So Far:

Prisoners of Love

To Cut A Woman's Hair

Lady and Peebles

The Monster

Too Young

Holly Jolly Secrets

Five Short Graybles

Hitman

When Wedding Bells Thaw

Fionna and Cake (lol) or The Eyes... I can't decide ):

I'm currently on my way through watching Season 4 sporadically. I got to the Return to the Nightosphere? episode and it was really... dull? I don't knowww it didn't interest me enoughhh. So now I'm putting it off for a while. But other than that I've enjoyed pretty much every episode so far. Not really noticed (or cared) about the supposed drop in quality or humour or whatever? Up to the Nightosphere I pretty much enjoyed all the episodes equally. although those 11 episodes stick out clearer in my memory. idk. such a cute showww, I really should get around to watching more... might just skip the Nightsophere stuff lol.

Posted

Where do you watch it? TV, download, stream...?

Posted (edited)

The quality there is terrible. Unless it gets better with the newer episodes? Let me check.

EDIT: Doesn't really improve. But I guess that's the best you can get from streaming, if I want anything better I'll have to download.

Edited by Skridovaste (see edit history)

Posted

It's not terrible. It's not the best, but certainly not bad.

Posted

I guess. You can get much worse than that tbh. Either way, I need a way to watch them on my iPad. There's http://iani.me/ but it only goes up to Season 3.

Btw, listening to Kashiwa Daisuke - Stella :D

Posted

I download the episodes. There's this wonderful subreddit (/r/downloadtime) that has download links for every episode ever. I used to watch them on YouTube via links provided on a fantastic tumblr account, but they got taken down, sadly.