Adventure Time Discussion

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Wutever you do, you gotta add Cinnamon Bun as a character.

Posted

No, guys, you have to go back and like teto's post up there because it was genuinely funny and he put effort into it and he did a good job and I laughed

Here look I'll quote it to help you find it better

QcxZd.png

Are you sure you're ready for this level of commitment?

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Just go to cmd.exe and type this:

PRINT "YES" 1000000

Except that won't work at all and i'm too dumb to actually know how to do that if it's even possible

Posted

all I want in life is to have the role of Princess Bubblegum in an Adventure Time Werewolf game...

Posted

We'll see... maybe I can pull some strings, just for you ;P

Cascade likes this

Posted

I just typed yes once, copied it, pasted five times, copied those five, pasted twice, copied those ten, pasted five times, copied those fifty, pasted twice, copied that one hundred, pasted five times, copied those five hundred, pasted twice, copied those one thousand, pasted five times, copied those five thousand, pasted twice, copied those ten thousand, pasted five times, copied those fifty thousand, pasted twice, copied those one hundred thousand, pasted five times, copied those five hundred thousand, pasted twice. No big deal really.

And before you say I pasted too many times, I mean I hit select all, copied the text, and pasted five times, with the first paste erasing over the original.

A notepad file with "yes " once is four bytes. A notepad file with a million "yes "s is four million bytes, as you'd expect. The space was there because I needed to copy/paste it every time so that all the yeses were spaced apart from one another.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Additionally I tried to put the word "yes" seven billion times, for the population of earth. But I only managed to copy one million, paste it five times, copy five million, paste it twice, copy ten million, paste it five times, copy fifty million, paste it twice, copy one hundred million, and paste it five times. When I tried to copy five hundred million, my computer froze.

But considering the file sizes, seven billion times yes would just be seven billion times 4 bytes, so the file would be 28,000,000,000 bytes. Which would end up being a 26.07GB .txt file.

Let's say I assume the average name worldwide is 7 characters for the forename and 6 for the surname. A txt file containing "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" is 52 bytes. A text file containing a single space " " is 1 byte. So I guess every letter is a byte, and every space is a byte? That makes it simple I guess. 7 bytes for the forename, 1 byte for the space between fore and surnames, 6 bytes for the surname, and 1 byte for the space between this name and the next. So 15 bytes per name. 15 bytes times seven billion is 105,000,000,000 bytes, so that's 97.79GB of space you'd be looking to free up if you wanted to store the names of all the people in the world in a .txt. file. Or at least seven billion of them. And of course, that's assuming I'm actually right about the average character length of names, and taking into consideration other languages and what their own characters might take up in bytes. And if you can even put them in notepad.

Armchair mathematics.

Adventure Time.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Have any of you heard of that Bravest Warriors? It's by the same guy who did Adventure Time.

"Set in the far future, the series follows four teenaged heroes-for-hire as they warp through the universe to save adorable aliens and their worlds using the power of their emotions."

Apparently it's just a web series on YouTube though.

Posted

All my nightmares, oh god....

XcF1xKV.gif

Teto likes this

Posted

Two straight episodes of Lemongrab(s) being Lemongrab(s), I'm freaked out. Especially by those lemon "children" in the latest episode. There's only so much Lemongrab I can take in a season.

Lemonjohn was a bro though

Posted

oh no bumping threads and double posting welp deal w/ it

latest episode, the new Fionna and Cake one, was super cute. all the Gumball/Marshall Lee that will spawn from that one scene lol. but hey, Bubblegum/Marceline is pretty much a thing so I can get behind the genderswap counterpart. also Donald Glover as Marshall Lee with rapping? hell to the yeahhhh

Also I totally want a future episode dedicated to Marceline and the Princesses' Writing Club idea, it'd be the cutest thing ever. romance stories everywhere. adorableee

Posted

Omg Marshall Lee was Donald Glover? Totally need to watch this episode now!