Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Binding the Strongman Over America

22 posts in this topic

Posted

So my dad tends to watch a lot of religious programming on television, and I listened in on one of the DVD ads, because they tend to be hilarious propaganda.

Binding the Strongman Over America

Their video ad is on the top right of the screen.

Posted

I only see a donate now button, and that's with adblock off.

Can you take a screenshot because I don't get it ):

Oh wait, do you mean the ad was in the top right of the television screen? I thought we were meant to be looking for something on the page.

"John Benefiel teaches us it is not about yelling at demons but rather taking away their legal right to operate by pleading your case before God’s throne."

What strange fantasy world does this man live in?

Posted

The video ad, sorry. Click the video in the top right corner above the "Buy Now Below" button.

It leaves out the intro that says Baal is preventing your prayers from "penetrating heaven", so your prayers don't get answered for you, your city, and your nation. Then it's like, hey, donate 45 dollars to get these three DVDs, to (literally, they claim this) get every single prayer to God answered instantly! Because donating to obtain something is different from buying! All the while with the American flag waving in the background. Then it says stuff about "spiritual wealth transfers" or something, saying that if you buy the discs and follow their instructions, pretty much every aspect of your life gets better instantly. It says you're due your right to financial gain or whatever. In short, it says you'll get rich and your spouse will love you again if you buy their DVD.

YDv3C.png

My main qualm other than all of the blatant manipulation techniques is that, if this were truly a philanthropic organization that wanted to help people live spiritually and physically better lives through the "Baal Divorce Decree" and the "Writ of Assistance", which are two prayers that can apparently be found in holy texts or something, why do you need to donate (pay) 45 dollars? Why wouldn't they just spread the message around? It's so blatant a cash scheme, it makes me sad to think of how many people must buy into it that watch 700 Club.

Posted

I'm not a Religious person, but didn't Jesus kick the money lenders out of the Temple?

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Jesus required donations for miracles, right?

Posted

Well, everybody who falls for that scam deserves to lose their $45.

Posted

This saddens me.

Cirt likes this

Posted

I am religious (Christian) and this makes me really quite annoyed and upset.

Also, 200th post woo

Posted

Jesus needs these donations to pay for his otherkin transition surgeries.

Posted

Guys Baal is behind the whole thing

In the Immortal words of Colonel Jack O'Neall.

"Ba'al...as in Bocce?"

Posted

DONATE $45

PRAY FOR LIKE A BILLION DOLLARS

IT'S FOOLPROOF I TELL YA FOOLPROOF

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Then it says stuff about "spiritual wealth transfers" or something, saying that if you buy the discs and follow their instructions, pretty much every aspect of your life gets better instantly. It says you're due your right to financial gain or whatever. In short, it says you'll get rich and your spouse will love you again if you buy their DVD.

sounds like.....oh gawd, what were they called....pardons, i think? way back when, when people could buy their family members (or their own) way out of purgatory by buying pieces of paper from the church.

Posted

They were called Indulgences, I believe. But the people that would take your money for them were pardoners.

Posted

It was indulgences, yeah. Martin Luther famously nailed his 95 complaints to the door of the All Saints Church, which had a lot to do with him having a problem with the indulgences. He wouldn't retract his comments, so the pope excommunicated him. You shouldn't worry about anyone actually buying this stuff, I'm fairly certain that people who are remotely aware of the history of the christian church would know about this, and even if they don't, they should know why money won't get them what they're expecting to get.

Of course it's always good to remember Martin Luther REEEAAAAALLLLY hated the jews. A LOT.

Posted

So then Lutherans became a thing. I have a few friends that are Lutherans. They're your typical midwestern-related, beer lovin', Oktoberfest celebratin' Protestants. I went to one of their services once and they sang the Lord's Prayer and it was weird. They also take communion every week but that's an individual church decision, AFAIK.