Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Binding the Strongman Over America

22 posts in this topic

Posted

So then Lutherans became a thing. I have a few friends that are Lutherans. They're your typical midwestern-related, beer lovin', Oktoberfest celebratin' Protestants. I went to one of their services once and they sang the Lord's Prayer and it was weird. They also take communion every week but that's an individual church decision, AFAIK.

see, i find this a little weird since i was raised lutheran--and i thought protestants were a different branch. (just googled it, its a branch-subbranch thing, apparently). cant say ive ever had the lords prayer sung, though :/ though im from a p lax church. "lutheran" is apparently synonymous with "potluck", and ive heard stories of peoples family members being buried with their favorite forks. seriously.

we take communion every week, though.

Posted

WOW WHAT WEIRDOS

Posted

Yeah as a catholic it was communion every week too. When i was in that other church, it was only once in a while and i thought THAT was weird.

Posted

Communion happens the first sunday of every month. That would probably be the every one in a while interval you're referring to.

Posted

no it was like once every 3 months or so for us.

Posted

weird

Posted

i know i said it was