Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Corsair: Renegade Timelord

1 post in this topic

Posted

My name is Corsair and I am dying...

You may be asking yourself "Why should I care if a man I've never met is dying?"

Well shut up a tick and I'll tell you.

I wasn't always dying mind you, I was once alive. Very alive in fact, for you see as human as I appear I'm actually a Timelord an alien of Humanoid form from the distant planet Gallifrey.

Gallifrey was beautiful, a shining star in the Darkness. A beacon of Intelligence and Civility amid worlds of Ignorance and fear.

Then came the War.

The War between Timelord and Daleks, a race of Zenophobic Aliens clad in armor.

The war waged for centuries, whole Star Systems were obliterated in the wake of battle with no side gaining the upperhand.

It was during that dark time that "The Corsair" was lost, in his place was Commander. I had under my command a squad of seven Timelords and Timeladies, you'd never find a more loyal group even if you tried.

The last battle of the War we were ordered to engage "The Nightmare Child" a massive living Space Parasite born in the heart of a cold Star. The Daleks had assimilated it and made it into a weapon.

We took to our Battle TARDIS's and were ordered to stop The Nightmare Child onslaught at all cost. We were ordered to drop Temporal Charges on the creature but at the last minute a new voice burst in over the command channel. A voice both new and old, a voice I knew very well, a friend called The Doctor.

Didn't expect that did you?

Got your attention now, do I?

The Doctor a name known throughout the Galaxy. From Clom, to the Moon of Poosh. To Earth and Time Immorial.

"Stop don't do it!" was all he said. And that was enough. My Squad broke off attack formation and came about.

The Doctor's TARDIS zipped past us and a brilliant beam of blue erupted from it, striking the control collar around the Nightmare's neck. The massive device shattered and began to fall off like water from a duck's back. Free from Dalek control the Child set it's sights on the Command ship. The last thing we saw was Davros's Holo-image screaming as he was swallowed up, caught in the very Jaws he had hoped to control.

I was about to return to base when I detected a Temporal incursion on an unimaginable scale. A lone Dalek emerged from it, and as impossible as it seems even in the cold black of space I could hear it screaming. It flew at the Nightmare Child probably in some vain attempt to save it's master. I loaded a Temporal Charge, a minor one just powerful enough to wipe out a lone Dalek.

It's funny how one minute thing can change a guys life forever. In my case it was a malfunction in the Hydraulic release catch on the Battle T's Bombay Door.

The charge detonated inside. It caused a Temporal feedback charge which filtered into my TARDIS's Core activating a Time Jump.

I began to bound in time, and I saw the horrors of what the War was doing to my people. As if looking through a cracked mirror the Timelords had become tyrants. And then I saw it end, the Doctor my friend ended it.

I don't know how long I was unconscious, when I came too I found myself on a lump of rock sticking to the outside surface of reality. An Oasis of sorts floating in the Void.

My Battle T was Severely damaged and close to death. If not for my friend R-4 she might've been lost.

While R-4 made repairs I set out to better acquaint myself with my new surroundings. The inhabitants of the Planetoid referred to it as House. They were rather odd creatures but they were very gracious hosts.

That was until they drugged me.

I awoke face down on an operating table. My right arm was gone, I rather liked that arm...it was my tattoo arm. An Oroboros symbol drawn by a three armed slink on Goshen 6. You've never had a tattoo until you've had a Slink Tattoo. The secret is the ink, it's actually Saliva.

I also noticed a sudden lack of mobility, probably due to my spine being cut out. If I were any other species I'd be dead, luckily I was born a Timelord.

It was then that R-4 found me and brought me back to the Battle T.

As sophisticated as Timelord phisiology is I'm afraid my time was short, mostly due to a missing kidney and one of my Hearts.

I attempted Regeneration but sadly was unable, I was outside my reality and was cut off from the Intrinsic Field which we Timelords tap into to Regenerate. I emprinted my mind onto a Hypercube, a sort of Last Will and Testament and resigned myself to die.

Then R-4 alerted me to possiblee salvation. A slight gradient in the surrounding subspace layer with a reachable Field beyond it.

A Timelord Intrinsic Field ripe for the picking (metaphorically speaking). But as always there was a catch, If I used the Parallel Intrinsic Field to Regenerate I'd be cut off from mine own.

You might be asking "Who cares, you'll live."

You see, we Timelords have this nifty little trick we do. A kind of Beacon, an everpresent feeling that tells us that we are not alone. If I were to use this foreign field's energy I would be forever cut off from that feeling.

I did what I needed to do and was reborn anew. A Corsair whole once again in the form of a strapping 30-something Humanoid Male (but between you and me I was hoping for Female again, I always have more fun as a Woman).

I found myself adrift in space, the last of a once proud race. Tooling around in a powerful weapon ship that in the wrong hands could reek havoc on a Galactic scale.

I set down on a Dwarf Planetoid on the outer edge of a Supernova and went to work. Like your standard TARDIS the Battle T is grown on vast fields of Coral, fields that bathe in the Energies of the Untempored Schism, a natural Time Vortex on Gallifrey.

After a complete retrofit my Battle T became no more powerful that a Standard Type 40 TARDIS. As for my stockpile of weapons, they were vaporised when the Planetoid was finally absorbed by the Supernova.

So there we have it, the Life and Death and Life again of The Corsair, the most dashing and Ruggedly Handsome Timelord in this or any other Galaxy.

But what was I to do. My planet was gone, my people dead or at the very least scattered to the far reaches of the Cosmos. I decided to get back to what The Corsair did best...traveling!

Before I was Commander I did a fair amount of it. I'd visit the past, have tea with Ben Franklin. Share a Coke with Draxl of Seti Gamma Five, and go fishing with President Obama in Camp David.

I'd dance to the BeeGee's in Studio 54, snort a line off a Hookers ass in Charlie Sheen's Hotel Room and have a Hot Dog while Watching the New Boston Red Sox win the Galactic Series.

Time and Space was my Oyster, and it was do for a good shucking.

But it seemed that fate had other plans....