Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any die-hard Ghirahim lovers/haters? Fan forum...

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks for the publicity! It really helps Google index, you know! :fatgrin:

Posted

It's really not that big of a deal. I don't think many of us even clicked the link, and just read the description and decided not to go.
Honestly.

The point is, most people in this thread look down upon fan fictions and the yaoi fandom/fetishizing homosexuality, and joining only to advertise your forum isn't really the best first impression you could have given us. This really isn't the place for that. Instead of advising you like I am right now, we'll just ridicule you and expect you to go away on your own. It's kind of out of the ordinary that you haven't, but hey, if you want to take the abuse and make smarmy comments, that's fine by me. Another bit of advice, please don't think you're the better person here by making passive-aggressive remarks followed by smileys, especially when they're as trivial as publicity from a now-small community. There isn't a point; it just makes you look as ridiculous as everyone says.

This is a welcome from the community.

Regards from the staff,

Sahaqiel

Agencereurich and Dark_One like this

Posted (edited)

I don't think I'm better. I'm just amused. As I've said, I didn't join to advertise, since I joined 2 years before making this topic, made a few posts, and didn't feel that I could contribute any more to this place. Then I came back and posted this.

The point is, most people in this thread look down upon fan fictions and the yaoi fandom/fetishizing homosexuality, and joining only to advertise your forum isn't really the best first impression you could have given us.

Except it's not the first impression. It's the first one you've seen. Hence, my posts before this topic, even if they're not the majority of them. The fan fictions are much more to me than that. I take them seriously and feel for the characters. I've cried over the endings to some of them. They've made me realize that I think I want somebody like Ghirahim in my life.

Instead of advising you like I am right now, we'll just ridicule you and expect you to go away on your own.

I won't go away on my own. Telling me that you expect me to only gives me reason to stay.

It's kind of out of the ordinary that you haven't, but hey, if you want to take the abuse and make smarmy comments, that's fine by me.

Other users started the smarmy comments, not me. I'm returning the favor. If they're going to give me that attitude, I'll give it right back.

Edited by TwilitHuman (see edit history)

Posted

I'm not all into fan-fictions myself, but that isn't the reason why this is as bad as we might make it seem. Its just simply that...most of us don't really know much about you. It gives off the impression that you are only around for advertising your own stuff now. I would understand if you had been here a while, shown us what you're about, and we would probably be willing to at least check it out. I mean, after two years of inactivity and you come back only to advertise? Like I said, it may not be so bad in a widely popular forum. But here, in a more tight-knit community, it can come off a bit more offensive. Especially as many members here are rather close compared to others forums I've seen. 

Dark_One likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm not all into fan-fictions myself, but that isn't the reason why this is as bad as we might make it seem. Its just simply that...most of us don't really know much about you. It gives off the impression that you are only around for advertising your own stuff now. I would understand if you had been here a while, shown us what you're about, and we would probably be willing to at least check it out. I mean, after two years of inactivity and you come back only to advertise? Like I said, it may not be so bad in a widely popular forum. But here, in a more tight-knit community, it can come off a bit more offensive. Especially as many members here are rather close compared to others forums I've seen. 

I understand where you're coming from, in lieu of all of the others, since you're the most rational person to reply. I hate communities where people are too afraid to consider something different than what they're used to. You'll get nowhere in life without taking risks.

Posted (edited)

You don't see me purposefully using bad spelling.

You don't say. You're doing a mighty fine job of blatantly trolling.

Posted

You don't see me purposefully using bad spelling.

Excuse me? I'm just asking wut a yaoi is, you don't havta be a twat.

Posted

is this thread still alive

Posted

Locked at the request of the owner.