Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

twenty-twelve

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Wut are your greatest memories of 2012? Both concerning personal and national/international events.

http://youtu.be/5W-yS6IcJO0

A big deal for me was leaving my church and losing many friends over that, but bonding further with the ones i kept. Overall it wasn't a great year for me, but it was a good one! How about you guys?

Posted

Academically, I finally feel like I am making personal musical accomplishments. Unlike most other music performance majors, I did not start learning music at ages between 3-12. I was self-taught through the books and fingering charts the school handed me, along with the school's clarinet I was provided. My intended goal was to study with a world-renowned Clarinetist by the name of Hakan Rosengren at the California State University, Fullerton. Having no proper training before hand, I didn't stand a chance in the auditions, and have since been discouraged due to the other talented students surrounding me. (I got into the school itself, but needed to audition to be a music major). 

Up until this year, I was just "settling" with my musical studies. Looking back, I guess I was still a bit demoralized after seeing how far behind I was to others my age in this field. Only now, am I really reaching my potential, and have even surpassed some musicians classes ahead of myself. 2012 has been a positive turning point, and I hope to keep growing my musicianship into 2013 and beyond. :)

My greatest achievement is a family matter, however. After nearly two years of silence, my brother and I started this year on good terms. He was going through a rebellious phase which has thankfully passed. I missed having a brother. 

PrimaGaga and Treemotan like this

Posted

2012 was incredibly busy. It seems like everything is quickly building up toward the start of real life, where there is more than just school to worry about.

I finished my second semester of school, got my first real job (and excelled at it, even if it was just stocking a store), got out of a 2.5 year relationship, got involved with the best group of people I've known in the best organization I've known, had a radio show, got notably better at socializing (things changed after I got out of that relationship), changed my major, changed my life direction, and started pursuing ministry as a career. It was, all things considered, a fantastic year, and I hope this one can be even better.

Posted

This year seemed to go by real slow. Maybe that's just cuz I spend all my time online...Every second feels like an hour...

Posted

every hour feels like a second to me :<

Posted

The olympics were good in 2012!

I liked the opening. I also went to see Japan vs Koria in vollyball

(I know I can't spell)

Posted

It was in the UK where I come from. That's how I was able to see it.