POKEMON X AND Y

1210 posts in this topic

Posted

On top of the 9 month wait, I just saw a tumblr post which related X and Y to the sex chromosomes, X and Y, which as the name suggests determine your sex. People with XX being female, and XY being male.

So that's cool.

Posted

trans* has nothing to do with to genetics get out

and who's to say the legendaries of X and Y aren't trans* already

shaky ground you're treading on here LL

Cirt likes this

Posted

Or it's talking about the X and Y axes and the 3rd game will be the 3rd axis, Z, which would make sense since these are the first 3D main games.

Teto likes this

Posted

Speaking of shaky ground: Third installment will be Pokemon Down's Syndrome, where the legendary is Potate, the potato Pokemon. Relevant to genetics because Down's is caused by having an extra chromosome basically.

And I went to check my info there and it was really nice to see that instead of just someone with Down's for the picture, they had a boy with Down's assembling a bookcase, as if to show straight away that they're still capable people. I'm cutting myself up on the inside right now for my joke, but I'm hitting post for shock comedy.

Chase, Cirt and pheonix561 like this

Posted

The Legendary Pokémon seen but not named in the Pokémon X and Y trailer have now been named. The deer-like Pokémon is Xerneas and the bird-like Pokémon is Yveltal

Posted

I would be excited for this if I wasn't the absolute worst at pokemon.

Posted

I'm never going to ever remember how to pronounce Yveltal??? How is it pronounced guys help a girl out here~~

If I had to choose which game based on the legendary, I'm gonna go with X. Xerneas is just so awesome looking man :< legendaries I actually like! first time in yonks they're usually the worst part of the Pokédex for me. Hopefully Gen 6 keeps on impressing me.

Posted

I actually love both legend pokemon but i'll probably go with X since i love deer.

Posted

My sister has practically just given me her 3DS! Wooo! Is there any story I need to know? I'm currently right at the beginning of emerald. And x or y? I haven't really been following the thread...

Posted

Each Pokemon game/generation follows it's own story, so no need to catch up. The only thing we know about X and Y are the legendaries, so i may be too soon for you to decide which one you want.

also, official art work is out!

corocoro1132.jpgcorocoro113.jpg

Look at the Pokemon X and Y logos in those pictures. Does anyone else think that might be a DNA spiral thing in the logos?

Posted

Where do you get this stuff from? I need some good sites to follow what happens in the gaming world. I already have kotaku but I want a few more...

Posted

Bulbapedia/Bulbanews and Serebii are my main sources. There are a few others though.

Posted (edited)

How about just gaming in general? Or do you have specific sites for specific games?

Edited by Skridovaste (see edit history)

Posted

I don't follow too many games. I'm a casual player. Most of my sites are game specific, which is good cause you'll get more in depth news. I also occasionally visit IGN and for free-to-play MMOs (online games) I go to MMOhut. I'm actually at MMOhut a lot cause i love MMOs.

I sent you a message for a good tumblr blog that might help you.

Posted

I'm never going to ever remember how to pronounce Yveltal??? How is it pronounced guys help a girl out here~~

I'm pretty sure the Y is supposed to make a long E sound. Just pretend it's spelled "Iveltal" and you should be fine.