POKEMON X AND Y

1210 posts in this topic

Posted

I dunno, I was thinking more along the lines of why-fell-tall. like wyvern? idk. it's gonna be one of those names with pronounciations nobody can agree on lol

those new artworks for the legendaries are p. pimpin'. I really like them! aaaa i'm so excite for this gen 

Posted

I'm mostly going by the fact that the Japanese name is Iberutaru, which is a transliteration of Yveltal if it's pronounced ee-vell-tall.

Posted

I'm  still stuck on Regice

His name is REG-ICE but the anime calls him RE-GI-ICE

So mad about that. Mad and confused.

Posted

So there's a thing going around that suggests the final types for the new starters will actually be grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting. As opposed to yet another fire/fighting type.

tumblr_mgiqmg0jod1rnitqdo1_1280.png

So, it looks like nintendo might actually be going after that popular dark/psychic/fighting starter trio you see people talking about all the time, while simultaneously keeping their grass/fire/water starting abilities.

What's especially interesting about this is that all the roles are conflicting for each other. Normally a grass type would suck against a fire type, and a dark type would kick ass against a psychic type, but what happens with a dark/grass type goes toe to toe with a fire/psychic type? Personally, I still want to see them do the rock/ground/flying thing. Just because that's me.

Will this new blue fighting type frog be enough to steal my heart from the blue fighting type frog I'm already in love with?

669px-454Toxicroak.png

Important announcement: That is highly unlikely as my toxicroak was personally gifted to me by one Mr. Muffin and all the things he gives me are worth their weight in gold.

Posted

I dunno but I mean come on

Posted

um........... okey? But u DO realise your not going 2 stop the TRUE pokemon fans, rite? <:3c

Posted

Gen V didn't last long enough for me :(

Posted

@Pheo- Poliwrath is way cooler

062Poliwrath.png

Posted

Actually how is the water starter gonna be any better than poliwrath? Maybe he's a bit faster or something?

Posted

Evolution method for Ninfia/Sylveon confirmed:

tumblr_mi3delvsma1r1gm51o1_500.png

tumblr_mi3delvsma1r1gm51o2_500.png

Knuckle likes this

Posted

So what type is Sylveon anyway? Other than Skyla type according to Cascade :P

The popular choices are Normal and Dragon Type, Normal because Eevee would finally get an evolution that isn't an unnatural mutant maybe, and Dragon because it was originally an attacking type that used Special Attack as it's basis for damage back in the days of Ruby/Sapphire and before then (there were 8 in total and they're all used by eeveeloutions now except for dragon).

Posted

BUT REALLY SYLVEON IS ALREADY MY FAVOURITE EEVEE EVOLUTION FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. cutest puppyin' pokémon I've ever seen. So going to be on my team for my first playthrough for X/Y!

But I dunno, I'd say it's more likely to be a Flying-type personally. Mostly because it's name totally comes from "sylph", which are like, mythical creatures based around wind? right. That's what I think anyways. someone from another forum I lurk on adds some nice points as well:

"Eh, I'm thinking Flying-type - both because I'm skeptical of them actually making a Normal-type Eeveelution, and because I've thought for a long time that a pure Flying-type Eeveelution would probably not have wings. Animals with wings are Normal/Flying-types; a pure Flying-type seems like it would be something that more embodies air in itself and can fly without wings (like Tornadus)."

also because it evolves from merging Skyla and Eevee together duh. so Flying obvs. But seriously. if it ain't Flying (or Normal I guess that could work too but idkkkkk), I'll be really surprised. Really everything just seems to point to it being Flying. :C 

already sick of the legions of people going OMG IT MUST A NEW TYPE FAIRY-TYPE LIGHT-TYPE MAGIC-TYPE!!!! like, no plz... the current types are fine and p. balanced already. none of these proposed new-types even make sense. 

OH AND also the people who are weirdly insisting that because it's pink and frilly so it's gonna be female-only... like, what? Eevee family is like 87.5% male that'd be so puppyin' irritating trying to get a female Eevee just to get a Sylveon. Pokémon fans are really annoying during the pre-release phase of new generations sigh

sheesh i didn't mean to ramble on for this long lol. but yeah. 

Posted

wut if they release a 2nd eevee for this gen and it's super masculine? They could counterpart!

Posted

a grumpy-looking, badly-designed, manly-as-shit, pure brown counterpart. it would be fighting-type. the pokémon versions of me and pheonix. Sylveon is Flying-type because I'm way cooler than pheo. etc.

in other news Eevee-themed Valentine's are the cutest Valentine's

pheonix561 likes this