That flying city thing in TP

13 posts in this topic

Posted

It was City in the Sky.

The boss was a cool rehash of Onox's Dark Dragon form and the double clawshots were a wonderful idea but the dungeon itself was too tedious.

Actually come to think of it all the sky dungeons are really tedious. The Sky Palace in Minish Cap, City in the Sky, Palace of Winds in Four Swords/ Four Swords Adventures, they're all too slow. :(

Posted

Remembering suddenly the whole thing I saw, the similarity between the bird in M C Escher's Another World, with a bird that looks like those horrific beasts from the City in the Sky. And then that you can see those little shits scurrying around on the walls in the dungeon as well, displaying the same sort of mind bendy physics stuff.

another_world.jpg

One and the same.

It was written.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

whoa, that if a zelda game had like

a Moon Temple or something :o

Arachne likes this

Posted

Legend of Zelda Galaxy

Arachne likes this

Posted

whoa, that if a zelda game had like

a Moon Temple or something :o

Well, we sorta kinda had something like that in Majora's Mask. Except the dungeon portions were all optional. And it's being in the moon really had no effect on the dungeon itself. But it was in the moon, dammit!

Posted

Man I thought this was gonna be about skyloft and shit

Posted

Skyloft is the same city. All the birds there actually turned into ooccas by having a wicked threesome with humans and chickens. It was gross, the interactive game is coming out soon with Wii Plus functionality.

Arachne, pheonix561 and Cirt like this

Posted

One and the same.

It was written.

This actually wouldn't surprise me, considering the striking similarities, and that Zelda has been shaped by cultures outside game lore for awhile now. Cool find.

Posted

tbh while I recognised the bird when I saw Another World, it wasn't until I saw something on tumblr that I realised what I was thinking of, and it mentioned the birds walking on walls in the game

I cheated and I'm sorry

Posted

You haven't played Minish Cap, but it also has a city in the sky. SS pretty much cemented in that it's existed the whole series.

Posted

I really think Minish Cap is underrated. That was a really solid game.

But yeah, that does make sense. I try not to make too many theories about connections between the games, since the stories only have tangential connections.