WINDWAKER WII U REBOOT ANNOUNCED

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry if that seemed rude. All I was simply trying to say was I can't wait to see how TWW HD plays out. I hope that the tweaks made are great too.

Posted

I wonder if they'll add in the dungeons that were originally scrapped due to time constraints.

Posted

Sorry if that seemed rude. All I was simply trying to say was I can't wait to see how TWW HD plays out. I hope that the tweaks made are great too.

oh. I honestly thought you were implying otherwise. Cant wait for it either~

Posted

I wonder if they'll add in the dungeons that were originally scrapped due to time constraints.

I wonder if they will change the triforce quest by improve it any.

oh. I honestly thought you were implying otherwise. Cant wait for it either~

I was not implying otherwise. Sorry for the confusion. I am one of a few here who still care about Zelda games just like yourself. I like Mario Games too. I have a Wii U and can't wait to see how TWW HD will play. I will do a video walkthrough of this game after I finish my Twilight Princess walkthrough.

Posted

I AM GOING TO GET THIS.

... But unfortunately, I need a WiiU first. 

Anyways, yeah. Seconding Aethix on bringing in the scrapped dungeons. I'd love some new ground to cover, maybe a new toy or two to go with them. But I won't get my hopes up in that regard. I'd love to see them reduce the price for decoding the Triforce charts. puppying spandex-wearing, swindling manchild. 200+ Rupees? Seriously? Way to take advantage of a fellow in need, bro.

I don't really think they'll touch the Triforce Piece scavenger hunt, mostly because they used it for a good bit of padding and altering it would be a rather massive change. 

Posted

Literally sold my Wii and WW a week before this was announced, and I already got a WiiU for Christmas.

100% ready for this. Scrapped dungeons made playable would be fantastic as well.

Infakly and pheonix561 like this

Posted

I would love for a big company like Nintendo to not just remake their game, but take it on as if they'd been given more time the previous time around. WW definitely had a lot of scrapped things and some flaws that could have been ironed out. I hope they put some ambition into this thing, rather than just reproducing what they had before with a few somewhat gimmicky additions.

Posted

The updated graphics just look soooo crisp and fresh. Beautiful :3c

I would love to see the scrapped dungeons added back into this remake. Then it would be a must-buy for me. But how would they tie it into the storyline for the game? Maybe add the dungeons to some of the areas where you were meant to get the Triforce Charts? Triforce Shards as the end-of-dungeon quest item? Preferably the ones where you only had to shoot down a random enemy battleship to obtain it. But the majority of the Triforce Quest was enjoyable for me. So I wouldn't want it to be /totally/ replaced. Cabana and Pit of 50 Trials comes to mind. idk.

ugh though I'll be saving up for a Wii U for the next 6 years hrml

Posted

I know for one thing that Jabun's pearl was originally supposed to involve a dungeon, but got scrapped due to time and/or budget constraints. I think there were others, but I'm not sure.

Posted

Oh right, I forgot about the lack-of-dungeon for Jabun's Pearl. That'd be p. coolio if they added back a scrapped dungeon there. Like, everything is the same in that part of the game until you blow down the stone door at Outset, enter, surprise bitches, it's a new dungeon! I'd enjoy that very much. :L

it probably won't happen because, it's nintendo, but I can dream I guess ): Wind Waker, as great as it is, always did feel to me like, there was lost potential and missing bits at some points in the game. Still an amazing game, but yeah. It'd be nice to see what it'd been like if they hadn't rushed the original release.

Posted

I feel like they could easily improve the game by either replacing Greatfish Isle with a dungeon, since it apparently was originally going to have one, but also adding new things to a lot of islands that would make them fun to go to.

I realize everyone wants a new dungeon, but I'd rather have more of a reason to go to an island but even more so to go back to it and have fun with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivl1QfzTatw

If you don't want to watch all of the videos in this guy's review of the 3D Zeldas, I don't blame you, but at least go to 16:25 in the video and watch as he takes away all of the useless islands that have almost nothing to be found on them. He's completely right about the fairy islands, the reefs having nothing interesting to them, and the triangle islands after their initial use. I'd just like to see them have a use other than padding, big octos (which isn't even the island itself), or being used for the story and being hated because of Seahats.

250px-Seahat.png

Honestly, I don't see why this game even needed a graphical update, and the few pictures we've seen don't look as fantastic as the original did to me, but I'll wait until E3 or new pictures. But I do hope they keep a lot of things the same, like the fantastic combat, although if they find a way to improve it, I'm all ears. Speaking of ears... one thing I hope they do not change at all is the music. I think it's almost fact now that Wind Walker's soundtrack is amazing.

Also, make it so we can warp to either Mother OR Child Isles... Not just Mother. Also, more than 3 pictures in the Pictobox, please. An unlimited amount would be much nicer, thank you. I want to actually try and collect the figurines, not be pushed away by the fact that I only get 3 pictures per trip. A prize for collecting them all and maybe even one at the halfway mark that isn't Rupees would be great as well.

pheonix561 and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

Like, I don't mind Tingle Island at all. I actually enjoyed that it had a win condition that was different than just beating a boss; pay the man the fruits of your journeys, and gain information. EDIT: I forgot it isn't possible to get the shards without the charts lol. Still, It gave you incentive to go out to all the islands, though I think that unlocking information is more interesting than unlocking the capacity to do something.

I hope they have the "place Rupee back into chest if your wallet is full" functionality, at the very least. But yeah, I assume the WW HD team is separate from the ZeldaU team, so they should treat it like a separate, ambitious thing. Like, Ocarina of Time didn't have anything huge taken out of it, I'm pretty sure, so it wasn't that bad that they didn't overhaul or add a bunch of stuff, but Wind Waker was a bit unfinished. Incidentally, I would spend a huge amount of time trying to get into the hut at the top of Greatfish Isle legitimately, but I never managed to, lol.

I'll be the first to admit the reefs disappointed me; I would see one in the distance and be like ehh those are kind of boring and don't really have much on them. I guess they were interesting, but they really didn't have much substance. I enjoyed finding the lookout towers at sea though.

Posted

What I hated about Wind Waker was the fact that the GBA was the only handheld system used for the Tingle Tuner. What I want to see them do with it is have the ability to use the 3DS or Gamepad when connected/being used. If they could give the Tingle Tuner a bit more of a use and a real reward for finding all the statues in the game, it would be great.

I do agree that the game seemed very much unfinished. I mean there were going to be 2 other sages affected and we all know that the traveling merchant is a goron when you blow off that hood. So I hope that they give us at least the other 2 missing dungeons that the 2 sages replacements would have had too.

I want to see the band of pirates that were said to be ran off by Tetra's crew from forsaken fortress too. Also I want to see what greatfish isle would have been like had the game been fully finished too.

Most of all I am ready for some footage and official screenshots of TWW HD as well, who is with me?

Posted

Even if we dont get new story line dungeons, i'd really like to see more island mini dungeons, and expanded upon existing mini dungeons. And more incentive to explore them besides rupees. My wallet was always full in that game. A lot of people complained about lack of money but if you look for it, it's there. All. Over. The place.

Posted

I'm not sure why you would really want them to change a wind waker that much versus just working on Zelda Wii U.