Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gears of War 4: Judgement

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Untitled-4.jpg

So, I figured since it turned out I'm actually not the only person on this forum who cares about Gears of War, I'd make a thread about the latest game coming out in March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZ-PdBXM2A

(I don't really have time to post stuff about the game right now so I'll do that later but here's some art and a trailer. It actually looks pretty good, to the extent that I'm definitely anticipating this game)

Posted

RPG

Posted

what are you doing with your life

Posted

;-)

Posted

During my leave, my friend and I started Gears of War. We're currently on the 3rd game and I'm very excited for this one. However my other friend is like, "You're saving for college so no more buying video games." Lol she doesn't know me very well.

Posted

Yeah, Gears of War 3 had some really fun gameplay. The story wasn't as good but it was really, really fun. Some people have been saying Gears of War 4 is being pushed, because the announcement for the sequel coming out happened only about a year after gears 3 happened, but I take that as a sign that they're not going to be doing very much new with the game in terms of gameplay, though they do have a lot of opportunity to make a brand new and engaging story. I'm looking forward to a game that's a little more polished than Gears 3's gameplay, with new multiplayer modes and weapons, and not much else.

The only thing that bothers me about this prequel, I think, is that one of the main characters is a member of the "onyx guard academy." I don't know very much about the gears universe, but I know that the onyx guard is supposed to not exist on any official records. So the fact that there's suddenly an academy open to recruitment is confusing to me. Are they just retconning it or something?

Anyways, since this is generally a gears of war thread, I figured I'd mention these photos I found on this site called Dead End Thrills. It's a site devoted to taking high resolution photos of in-game content, and it's very good at what it does. It has a series on Gears of War 3 photos, to point out just how beautiful the game really is. A lot of people rag on gears of war for being a really brown and grey series, but that doesn't mean it's not a pretty one. I'll just go ahead and post a few photos, then spoiler the rest. And Here's the Dead End Thrills Gears of War tag, if you want all of them.

thelostcoast.jpg

loaded.jpg

rubblerouser.jpg

shippingout.jpg

themoors.jpg

pierpressure.jpg

quaddamage.jpg

thisismyrifle.jpg

somekindofmonster.jpg

atanyprice.jpg

I'm a little disappointed there's no photos of the mercy multiplayer map, because that's one of the prettiest maps I've ever played on.