Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Speed Running SNES Zelda Dressed as Link!

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, sounds pretty cool. I'll probably still be online then (and I'm drinking at the moment, how coincidental) so I'll check it out later. Thanks for posting!

Posted

sounds cool enough, though im a bit worried about your blood alcohol level afterwards :/ at least youre not playing the full OoT drinking game.

Posted

So I watched a very small part of this, it was at like 10:00 or so, for about 15 minutes, and he was in the Deku Tree.

I saw him take like 4 drinks, talk of shots for donations, and a nipple.

There were over 600 people viewing it, and over 100 of them chatting

Posted

Zelda dressed as link? Was it a mod or something?

Posted

So, how well did it go?

Posted

Yeah I don't know, I went to the website like an hour beforehand and there was some Sonic stream going on, but then I decided to watch My Neighbor Totoro and forgot about the stream lol

Posted (edited)

My time was 1:53:xx for a link to the past. I almost beat my record of 1:48:24 on a live stream, however I made too many sloppy mistakes trying to rush it. Dungeons 5, 6, and 7 was where I made the sloppy mistakes. My path for the dark world is normally 1 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 7.

After I beat that I moved onto Zelda: OoT which I coined drunkorina of time a while ago. Basically I drink everytime Navisays hey or listen, take shots for dying, take a shot everytime the troll owl gets me, and shots for a few other things and doing donation requests (I.E. the nipple). I ended up taking close to 10 shots before the game even started and it just went downhill from there because the owl ended up getting me everytime <_<

I'm not the greatest at Ocarina of Time, it's more of a game I play leisurely compared to Zelda: A Link to the Past.

And yeah Cirt we generally stream 24/7 of all game genres so someone running Sonic Generations. So what you saw was another streamer prior to me getting on finishing up the game he was playing, we have roughly 30 streamers.

I recently came across this community and thought it'd be a great place to share the Zelda Speedrun attempts. I regret the fact that I couldn't get better times on A link to the past but maybe when we do a charity stream, I'll be able to trim some more time off. I appreciate you letting me be able to share the event with everyone on the community. If you guys would like I could post when I plan on continuing Zelda: Drunkorina of time, but I don't want to overstep any boundries I may have already.

Edited by Insomnia1234 (see edit history)

Posted

Nah, it's fine. When people come to this website just to advertise things we're normally react with some hostility, but you're polite about it and ask permission first, and you haven't made anyone angry within two posts, so I think you can advertise your speed runs if you want. I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Bear in mind, we also have a thread based around speed runs in general, which you can find here, in the video games subforum. You might want to remember this thread.

Posted (edited)

And yeah Cirt we generally stream 24/7 of all game genres so someone running Sonic Generations. So what you saw was another streamer prior to me getting on finishing up the game he was playing, we have roughly 30 streamers.

Hence why they're called Insomniac Gamers. I've taken a gander at their stream a few times in the past prior to the creation of this topic.

Edited by Professor Nevara (see edit history)