Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MapleStory

9 posts in this topic

Posted

http://youtu.be/le8QuJl-Q9k

This is my favorite game. No matter how many times I quite it, I keep coming back to it. To me, it's a classic, and probably the only MMO that can keep my attention for long periods of time. However an MMO played solo, for me, grows old. Even one as great as this. So please read this thread and consider it. People probably wont play this with me but here are some reason why they should:

Retro Gaming, Modern setting-

It's a 2D MMO. The gameplay is simple and really easy to pick up. Also works great on a laptop, even without a mouse (assuming you have a touch pad mouse thingie, but even that is barely used) At first it appears to be a simple button masher, which it is, but it's so much more than that. MapleStory has a life-like economy which adds great strategy to the game when deciding wut armor to equip and skill points to allocate. While I personally play it in a more casual setting, i know there are a lot of serious gamers in it. The "cute" graphics hide it's complexity that most wouldnt realize at first glance.

Lots of Jobs and Play styles-

There are 5 main classes that all jobs fall under- (Warrior, Archer, Mage, Thief, and Pirate) and currently 32 subclasses.  Explorer classes have branches (ie an explorer warrior can end game as a hero, paladin, or dark knight) but most classes just upgrade as you level up.

Classes.png

Big Player Base:

The player base is pretty huge, overall. I play on the Bera world, which is the 2nd most popular world in GMS (North America Server). While there is plenty of places to solo, it shouldnt be hard to find someone to party or trade with. Especially around the town of Henesys. That's the most popular place in the game to hang out. Ive met some pretty cool people there.

I guess i dont have any other reasons that would appeal to someone who has not played the game yet, but once you get in it's very fun. At least I think it is. It's on Steam if you wanna check it out. Please tell me if you do! And if you have any questions, please post!!

Steam link- (it has a pretty cool trailer on it that i cant find on youtube)

\http://store.steampowered.com/app/216150/

some game footage i found on youtube

http://youtu.be/JhrH-uqpb08

Posted

Bro if this were mac compatible or if I had bootcamp I'd join you

Posted

That makes me happy. I have a copy of Windows 7 that i might be able to send you. Since I think Chase never got you his? I mean just so you'd have it in general.

Edit- added a video to the first post. its a group doing a party quest.

Posted

I played it once, quite a few years ago. Didn't enjoy it much, but then again I had a laptop that could run it at most like 20 fps, so I didn't play much. 

As I read your post, I thought about maybe getting it to try again, until I saw the picture with baby Sasuke in the back and baby Sephi in the front :<

I might actually still give it another go, though, despite my general dislike of MMO's

Posted

I played it but got bored of it after like 2 days ):

Posted

I played it once, quite a few years ago. Didn't enjoy it much, but then again I had a laptop that could run it at most like 20 fps, so I didn't play much. 

As I read your post, I thought about maybe getting it to try again, until I saw the picture with baby Sasuke in the back and baby Sephi in the front :<

I might actually still give it another go, though, despite my general dislike of MMO's

If you dont like how those classes look then dont play them? Or better yet dont customize your character to look like them.

Posted

Btw, the current level cap in GMS (Global MapleStory) is 200, but KMS (Korean) recently upped it to 250. So that'll come to GMS soon too,

Posted

I'd be a fighter/hero. I have decided this.

Posted

thats a good starting class. The legendary Tiger was a hero. But he is but a memory now.