Life Lately

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys! It's been...wow Months since I've actually been here. So, I guess you guys should have a little update on how my life has been.

So let's start with schoolsies! I'm a senior now, and less than 4 months until I graduate. I made friends with a few freshman, juniors and sophomores as well. We all hang out together and it's fuuuunnnn!! They show a good side in me that's absolutely amazing and I love it. We also play Brawl when I bring it over, and I usually beat them all. :P Well, sometimes. I usually use Pikachu, Link, and now Lucas.

My grades are pretty good too. I passed all of my classes first semester with A's and 2 C-'s. So yay.

I plan on going to a community college in the area for two years afterwards, and then transfer. Yay for screwing up my early high school years and paying for it now! \0/

Now love stuff. Well, I liked this guy from my new little group. But then, my other friend liked him too. Apparently there were rumors about it or something, so he told both of us that he wasn't ready for a relationship at the moment.

Anyways, I did make a self-vow. I made a vow to stay away from relationship stuff until college. Of course it'll be hard, but till worth it. All the guys in my school are jerks or just plain idiots. And I know I deserve better than that. :) Plus, it's bothering me that nothing ever works out with anyone. So this means less trouble and hurt for me.

Me and an online friend might meet after my community college years (Since we're not that far from each other)...but that doesn't matter right now since it's so far away. Not to mention, that it might not happen.

So I think that's it...enjoy...? :)

Chimetals likes this

Posted

Cool, Jared. I sometimes see you around Facebook and wonder how it's going for you. Don't give up on going to where you want to go, and always work hard. Be prepared for college-- sign up early for the classes you want and make sure that it fits in with your schedule. Apply for your FAFSA and everything. Don't skip when you can help it, etc.

lessons

Posted

I'm trying to apply for the college, I have everything set. I just don't know HOW to hand the application in, since it's physical. :/

Now I need to do the FAFSA.

Posted

Anyways, I did make a self-vow. I made a vow to stay away from relationship stuff until college. Of course it'll be hard, but till worth it. All the guys in my school are jerks or just plain idiots.

no more drama ):
pheonix561, Cirt and Jareddude like this

Posted

Well, it's good to hear from you again Jared, and I'm glad your life seems to be going pretty smoothly at the moment? Was wondering where you had vanished off too lately. (o:

Jareddude likes this

Posted

Hey Jared. Glad to see you back, we've missed you around here. Like saha, I see you on fb a lot too lol

That's exciting that you're starting college soon! Don't get caught up in relationships your first year, would be my advice. There's a lot of new stuff going on and getting bogged down with that stuff isn't the best way to enjoy it all. Other than that, study hard, work hard, play harder. Being out of high school is fun but college is hard work.

I'm glad to see you're a lot happier with life now and seem to be happy in your own skin. That's really great before you start branching out more next year.  But for now, enjoy the time you have in HS. It won't be the same after you graduate, especially if some of your friends are going to move away. Plus senior year is easy and laid back, so you got it. :>

Jareddude likes this

Posted

I'm trying to apply for the college, I have everything set. I just don't know HOW to hand the application in, since it's physical. :/

Now I need to do the FAFSA.

Send the app in by mail.

And do it NOW, because you will lose some funds otherwise. 

Jareddude likes this

Posted

Well, it's good to hear from you again Jared, and I'm glad your life seems to be going pretty smoothly at the moment? Was wondering where you had vanished off too lately. (o:

Thanks Cas! :) And yes, I had poofed. :3

Hey Jared. Glad to see you back, we've missed you around here. Like saha, I see you on fb a lot too lol

That's exciting that you're starting college soon! Don't get caught up in relationships your first year, would be my advice. There's a lot of new stuff going on and getting bogged down with that stuff isn't the best way to enjoy it all. Other than that, study hard, work hard, play harder. Being out of high school is fun but college is hard work.

I'm glad to see you're a lot happier with life now and seem to be happy in your own skin. That's really great before you start branching out more next year.  But for now, enjoy the time you have in HS. It won't be the same after you graduate, especially if some of your friends are going to move away. Plus senior year is easy and laid back, so you got it. :>

Nice to see you again as well, Cirt! :)

And that actually makes sense. I'll follow that advice, thanks a lot! :D

Just reading this makes me see how much I've grown through my high school years...gosh. And yes, I will miss high school a lot. So I'm trying to enjoy it to the best of my ability. A few of my friends and I plan on going to the same community college, which is a plus! And senior year isn't too hard, but I have to stay diligent in Math, since I need it to graduate. English too, but that's easy as pie!

Send the app in by mail.

And do it NOW, because you will lose some funds otherwise. 

I will. But I don't know if I should send me grades too...

Posted

Send an official transcript with it if you feel the need to.

Posted

Do I /need/ to?

Posted

typically, yeah. most schools have an "extra essay for whatever you need to have filled out", id recommend using it to explain the grade change, if youre that worried about it, though its also good that your grades went up as time went on, not the other way around. ive heard so many horror stories of kids that blew off their senior year because they were already accepted, and then had their acceptance letters revoked.

haaa....i came on here like "jared? i havent seen jared in a while!" and then saw that super-happy life update post and just...gotta say, man, im happy for you. i still remember of all those times you had some drama going on, messing with your life and such. so seeing that post made me all giddy that your life is going well.

you should probably apply for some other schools, too, though, not just community college. like i said about the grades, them going up is good, if they went down, then you really would have had to do community college. idk what they told you, but when i was applying for college, the advice was to go for at least three schools. one as your dream school, one as one you can probably get into and are ok with, and one youre almost guaranteed entry, as your fallback. and hey, the worst they can do is say "no", right? (my dream school was Washington University in STL, im going to U of I, if you get my meaning ;3) besides, if youre planning on going to a community college, then even if the other place goes "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh no" itll just be like "welp, back to the plan! :3"

Posted

typically, yeah. most schools have an "extra essay for whatever you need to have filled out", id recommend using it to explain the grade change, if youre that worried about it, though its also good that your grades went up as time went on, not the other way around. ive heard so many horror stories of kids that blew off their senior year because they were already accepted, and then had their acceptance letters revoked.

haaa....i came on here like "jared? i havent seen jared in a while!" and then saw that super-happy life update post and just...gotta say, man, im happy for you. i still remember of all those times you had some drama going on, messing with your life and such. so seeing that post made me all giddy that your life is going well.

you should probably apply for some other schools, too, though, not just community college. like i said about the grades, them going up is good, if they went down, then you really would have had to do community college. idk what they told you, but when i was applying for college, the advice was to go for at least three schools. one as your dream school, one as one you can probably get into and are ok with, and one youre almost guaranteed entry, as your fallback. and hey, the worst they can do is say "no", right? (my dream school was Washington University in STL, im going to U of I, if you get my meaning ;3) besides, if youre planning on going to a community college, then even if the other place goes "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh no" itll just be like "welp, back to the plan! :3"

I'm sorry, but you'll have to excuse me. With the name change, who are you? :P

And thank you for your kind words! I'm only applying to community college due to my grades, but I've already made my decision to apply to better school in two years. So, you don't need to worry. Thank you for the encouragement, though! And it feels great to know that you were happy to hear from me. That makes me feel great!

Posted

There isn't anything wrong with starting out at community college. I have several friends that are in their second year and the community college back home, and it's definitely saved them money. Plus, at least down here, a lot of the public universities are very open to students that transfer in after two years. So, yeah! Also, keeping away from relationships until college isn't a bad idea. The more open you are to new people when you get to college, the better. After a year and a half, I hardly ever talk to most of my high school friends anymore, and even when I go home it's more about my family than (most) of my old friends. There are a few exceptions, of course, specifically the friends that I've maintained since elementary school and earlier, but that's pretty much it. Had I not been in a relationship when I came into college, things would probably be very different, as that relationship ended up keeping me from doing a lot of things in the world of socializing. Since it's ended and I've started really focusing on people here, I've started flourishing hardcore.

Basically, that's a long winded way of saying, "Congratulations! You sound like you've got life pretty well under control, and like you have a pretty good plan for the immediate future."

Posted

Do I /need/ to?

It's only a community college, so I wouldn't worry too much. It wouldn't hurt though.