Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nabe sent me a package from Canadia :)

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Nabe told me that he sent me a contour gauge, which is this comb-like thing used for checking the symmetry/contours of an object, but what I got was even better. (:

First of all, some actual encouragement.

5kNM8mo.jpg

Second of all, really useful stuff for one of my personal projects! Video below:

ty nabe (:

Posted (edited)

Is it bad that I don't know what those are? I've seen those things before but I honestly don't know what they do. 

Also for some reason just watching you do simple stuff like this is kind of entertaining. idk

Edited by Linkprow (see edit history)
Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Isn't it also kind of funny that Nabe's package is floppies.

What's the project anyway?

Posted

Is it bad that I don't know what those are? I've seen those things before but I honestly don't know what they do. 

They are like CD-Roms but from Jesus' times.

Posted

The thread literally no one cares about, where the project in question is explained.

Also yeah Linkprow, floppy disks used to go into floppy drives, were used for file storage, and they would store 1.44MB max. If you can believe it, there were actually floppies with even less capacity. They went into floppy drives that used to be standard on computers. These ten floppies can't even stand up to a five dollar flash drive with like, 256MB capacity.

Now their drives are used for silly things like this:

If you look at the edit window for this forum, even, there's a thing next to the smiley menu that says "My Media", and the icon used is three floppy disks.

Posted

As a matter of fact, a lot of programs still use floppy disks as the save icon.

Posted

I edited the above message a ton lol. Look at it againnnn.

Posted

Oh no, I saw that. It was more in reply to the part about the My Media thing on the forum. Noticed it extends to most things to do with saving data.

Even if some images I save in Paint wouldn't fit on a floppy drive, it's still the icon.

Posted

this scares me that people don't know what floppies are

I used to buy those things like in middle school for school projects

I guess that was 8-9 years ago ugh what

PrimaGaga and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

So cute c:

Posted

In years to come Cirt's grandchildren will snicker at her buying 'floppies' for 'projects' in her early teens.

I find floppy disk related innuendo a little too funny tbh

Posted

it's funny cause they are actually really stiff.

Posted

Hah floppys used to be floppy.

Posted

They really did.

And did you know there used to be floppy disks that were like, huge? Like,

800px-Floppy_disk_8inch_vs_3.5inch-1.jpg

Which required a reader just as large. I'm fairly sure these were the floppy ones. The ones on the right were 3.5", not so sure about the one on the left, but it looks about to be the size of four of them arranged in a square.

I remember back when they would sell 3.5" floppies in different translucent colors in Jr. High. They were the coolest thing ever. The nostalgia factor and fun nature of a small plastic square with the little flap on it is partially the reason for why I want to put a game on them. Also because they're pretty much perfect capacity for the files in question. While we're talking about old media storage, an honorable mention goes to the Laserdisc.

laser-disc-blu-ray.jpeg

They were pretty much modern CDs the size of vinyl records. The only reason I know about them is because T1g showed me Gainax's Blazing Transfer Student, a Laserdisc-exclusive anime from the 80s(?). I would make a game for it just for kicks, but I'm even less likely to run into one, let alone something that can write to it.

Also, I just noticed this post.

What is cute??

But hey about the actual topic, want to talk about that a bit? The note in the first post mentions that I haven't been updating mFufni's [Adventure], which is in the thread here. Teto says it's pretty cute, but his ASCII is a bit off probably due to his system locale. I haven't added a lot of the core elements or things I plan to implement, but I've been working on it on and off for a couple years now. It implements a lot of inside jokes about Muffin and Fortissimo, as well as a minor inside joke about CIrt. I've wanted to show you guys and hopefully get you enthused about it, but I've met some pretty lackluster responses. Just in general, to anything I post, in any other part of the forum.

Posted

HEll I know what floppies are and I'm 13

Then again my dad is/was a big computer buff

so yeah