Minority Rule

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Despite how much I doubt this game will ever get good results really favouring the real winner, I still like this ridiculous pumpkin pie discussion. Strange questions should be a rule.

Me, this game kind of just overwhelms me, since I consider absolutely anything and everything as a possible factor for how someone might act.

Do continue.

Reminder that you're allowed to talk outside of the thread with anybody you like. I don't see any reason for restrictions on that, since it's up to the individual to decide whether or not they trust the other person.

Wins and losses should have been included for a sense of reason for all this. I might just go and edit in the rules regarding money into the OP.

Posted

Added in the rules regarding money into the lengthy flavor text

"At this point no further entries will be allowed. Despite our best efforts there is a total of 22 players gathered here today. With these 22 players we will now commence the second round of the Liar Game. I will briefly explain the rules.

**"Similar to the previous round, each player will receive 100 million yen as their possession. So in other words, counting everyone assembled here, that would mean that there is a total of 2.2 billion yen. This 2.2 billion yen is what all 22 of you will contend for. Although, that is not to say you will capture it by force.*

"For the second round of the Liar Game, all 22 people here will be competing for it by participating in a certain "game". Unsuccessful challengers will be asked to leave when they lose. It could be called an "elimination game". **If a player loses, they lose their 100 million. They will return it to us before they leave the premises. I'm sure you know what that means. As the game progresses, losers will leave, decreasing the number of players. However, they 2.2 billion remains here. In the end, the last player standing will obtain the entire 2.2 billion yen! How does that sound? Actually, since the winner must return their 100 million, the true amount they can obtain is 2.1 billion, but you can obtain 2.1 billion in cash!! Everyone here was chosen. Everyone here is being given such a lucky chance!*

**"You may be wondering where this money is? Well, everyone here has already been given 100 million. Take a look at the name plate on your chest. Do you see the pink jewel embedded inside of it? Those jewels are extremely rare, 3-carat pink diamonds. Each one is equivalent to exactly 100 million yen. For this second round, these name plates will be used as money. Thus, the victor will obtain his or her prize by exchanging them here for money."*

**A timid Australian woman spoke out through the silence "What happens to the losers?"*

**"Nothing in particular, since we lent 100 million at the start of the game, we will ask for it back."*

**It seemed to you almost everybody here was taken aback with shock, though such a cruel circumstance was expected from the rulers of this sadistic game.*

**"To return what you have borrowed, that is just common sense, wouldn't you agree? We will get our money back, no matter what means we must use."*

**The room was deathly still and silent in the wake of these final words. The corporation had show its true nature in that brief moment. Not a single person's eyes were lit up with the chance to win 2.1 billion. Everyone must have been thinking the same thing. It was the burden of bearing a 100 million yen debt.*

Posted

pumpkin pie doesn't sound worth all the praise i've seen for it in this thread. whooooo could the liars beeeeee

Posted

no, its worth the praise. my dad used to make it from scratch, including the pumpkin itself, starting from one pumpkin-picking halloween when i nabbed a pale pink pumpkin. turns out, pink pumpkins are for baking, and orange ones are for carving. so we carved and then baked the pink one, more or less. we also baked and salt the seeds (of all pumpkins) every year since i was little, but because me and my bro are college students now, we havent picked pumpkins in a long while :<

teto said 100 million yen, but he meant rupees. 100 million rupee debt, peeps :>

actually, the yen to rupee conversion rate is something along the lines of 20 million yen per rupee.

Posted

pumpkin pie is good, but yeah it doesn't deserve all this praise.

Posted

no it is delicious

you get out right now good sir

also chase I bet you eat sweet potato pie

such an unworthy substitute

Posted

but it does.

right up there with strawberry rhubarb pie. and sour cherry pie.

Posted

Sweet Potatoes are just disgusting.

Posted

but they're good for you

in terms of taste though pumpkin pie is great

Posted

sweet potato chips, fries, and tater tots are delicious. but when i get the pie in the dorm, thinking its pumpkin, i feel betrayed when the taste is all wrong :<

new idea: we all vote the same way to drive teto crazy and to continue these silly questions.

Posted

No sweet potatoes are the poop form of potatoes. they are an abomination and i donno if they are different from yams or not.

Posted

I was asked if it was possible to say how many people had voted. In a real world scenario, you would see people putting their votes in, so I thought that maybe it would be okay to say so. But it occurred to me that at this point it would be unfair to introduce new rules. So in this game at least, I wont be telling people who have or haven't voted.

Doesn't stop any of you saying whether or not you have though. Again, it's a Liar Game. You're allowed to answer however, whenever you like. And tell people whatever you want about how you voted, when you voted or even if you voted.

Posted

BUT I CAN TELL YOUSE

That I, have voted! mhmmhmmmhmm~~~

Posted

You don't even know if you like pumpkin pie or not, you charletan.

Posted

You have no right to judge me, you cad! My opinion and vote are just as valid as yours and should be respected! Freedom of Speech!