Minority Rule

66 posts in this topic

Posted

DING DING DING

The clock stopped at the 20 minute mark as Cascade dropped the final vote into the ballot box. Teto-sama, still in the room, unchanging as ever, adjusted himself. "And with the final vote cast, the votes will now be tallied."

He opened the ballot box. He drew out the votes one by one.

Sahaqiel... YES.

Largely Legendary... YES.

Cascade... NO.

Chase... YES.

Skridovaste... YES.

emsomniac... YES.

Chimetals... YES.

Knuckle... NO.

FINAL RESULTS:

At 6 to 2, the winners are Knucle and Cascade, who answered

NO!

Though brief, I would like to congratulate our winners on their swift and likely unintended success, and hope you all show interest in playing my little game again.

Feel free to explain your reasoning, so you may consider your actions.

Posted

hell puppyin' yeah knuckle let's rave

that'll teach you to mess with me SAHAQIEL

Such a quick game! I'd definitely be up for playing again though. It was cute. And now people can't use the "IT WILL TAKE TOO MUCH TIME TO PLAY I CAN'T" excuse, so like. get joining the next game dicks <:

Posted

It's more like a chat thread. A new game for us to be bad at so we can have ridiculous fun times before getting really serious about it.

Posted

this is entirely silly

Chase and I were going to team up and win together...

Also, I tried to trick Chimetals into losing but she didn't trust me because I am the absolutely worst person to trust in these games sometimes, lol.

Posted

If we're to do another Minority Rule game, it'd be nice if someone else devised their own, so that 1) I could play; and 2) Get a different perspective for the person running it, and maybe juggle the rules around a bit better.

I'm glad people tried their hand at trickery though o:

This would be better in a real life situation I guess. But stilllll I like that people enjoyed it somewhat?

Posted

oh i finally understand this game. we are asking YOU questions! When this is over lets play again with slightly altered rules. Like a score system instead of elimination.

Posted

I knew all the praise for pumpkin pie in this thread meant that you all wouldn't be able to resist voting yes. praise for mah strategic thinking

so clever

Posted

Ill try to make one if you;ll help me, Teto

Posted

I was doing it with the intention that you guys were going to vote conversely to the praise

in other words I overestimated you all

Posted

oh i finally understand this game. we are asking YOU questions! When this is over lets play again with slightly altered rules. Like a score system instead of elimination.

You ask me questions? What do you mean?

I get someone to submit a question at the start of the day, eg "Do you like pumpkin pie?" and by the end of the day, everybody must answer that question, by sending me their answer of either Yes or No. It was in the flavour text, but also in the rules.

A points system would be good though. Losses and gains carry over onto other games, unless the creator of the game decides against it. With the penalty for losing being -10, and the wins being like that of the actual rules of the game.

Each loser loses 10 points when they are kicked out. Winners will gain the sum of all the points due them, minus their own. Effectively, everybody loses 10 points at the end of the round, but only the winner gains any. A single winner will get the sum of all the points in the room, minus their own. Two winners will result in the sum of all the losers' points, minus each of their own, and then divided between them.

For example, a game of 12 people. Altogether among all the players, there are 120 points. 

• A single winner prevails. They are awarded 110 points for winning, and lose their own 10 points to the game master.
  • Two winners prevail. They give each of their 10 points to the game master, meaning there is 100 points to share between them, meaning they get 50 points each.

So a system where losers have points taken from them, and the continuous losers get further and further into debt in the Minority Rule league. You can make up for this by running games, as the winner(s) give away their points to the game master upon the end of the game.

To recognise the repeated players and game masters, extra stats should be available. As it would stand after this game, here's how the leaderboard would look.

1. Cascade (1|0) - 50 points

1. Knuckle (1|0) - 50 points

3. Teto (0|1) - 20 points

4. Chase (1|0) - -10 points

4. Chimetals (1|0) - -10 points

4. emsomniac  (1|0) - -10 points

4. Largely Legenday (1|0) - -10 points

4. Sahaqiel (1|0) - -10 points

4. Skridovaste (1|0) - -10 points

With the (X|Y) being X = Participation points; and Y = Game master points (or whatever)

How does this system sound to everybody else? I like the idea of debt carrying over to later games.

Posted

I think it'd be a neat system to implement into future games! <:

So let's see, that'd be... 35 points for meeee for winning this game if I've done the math right? 90 points total, take 20 away because 2 winners, 70/2 = 35? Perfect-o

/celebrates win with some pina colada~ MOST DEFINITELY NOT WITH PUMPKIN PIE. so vile

Posted

Teto if you help me set it up i'll host the next game.

Posted

Oh yeah, got a bit lost there and forgot that we weren't working with 10 players.

And no, 80 points total. Remember that I added myself into that table, but I'm the game master, so I don't count.

In the manga, money is loaned to contestants, and they give it back when they leave, and effectively give their money to the winner. The winner gives their money back to the corporation. The game master is the equivalent to the corporation in this case.

8 players, 80 points among the players. Two winners, so 20 points are returned to the game master, me. The remaining 60 points harvested from the losers and split between the winners. So you both have 30 points, and I have 20, for being a game master. More incentive to lead games I suppose, to pay off what you owe by cashing in on free money that comes from being the game runner.

And sure, Phanta. You've called dibs more or less.

Posted

Oh woops. Clearly the alcohol has already got to my head lol. I getcha. 

I'll play this next game you guys. Definitely :> When it's ready/if it's a thing of course. 

Posted

I think for a while just now we should discuss the rules? Everybody who played who has Skype: willing to come online so we can try and refine the rules a bit?