PersonalDNA

37 posts in this topic

Posted

So I can't remember if there was a thread for this, but I'm pretty sure we've all seen Cirt and Cascade's signatures, and Silver made a post about his own awhile back and search didn't come up with any threads, so here's another personality test thing for all of us to show off to each other.

Please keep proper formatting and paste all the traits; I'm not sure if you can just link to the personality type in question. Paste it into Notepad first and try to format them on your own; the forum tries to imitate the formatting in a really awful fashion, I find.

Mine is:

Benevolent Experiencer

You are an Experiencer
- Your inquisitive nature, imagination, and hands-on practicality make you an EXPERIENCER.
- Although you have an active imagination, you also concern yourself with the functional elements of things.
- You are willing to experiment to find things that work the most efficiently.
- Getting stuck in certain habits is boring to you—you'd rather find new experiences.
- Accordingly, experiences are more important to you than objects—you'd rather spend your money and energy on events and adventures than on material things.
- You like to contemplate a lot of options before making a decision, and you're willing and able to consider a lot of different angles to problems.
- You're open to suggestions, and often rely on others to assess the merit of those suggestions.
- You have an ability to see the big picture—not just how things are, but how they could be—in a variety of situations.
- You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.
- You have a strong sense of style and value your personal presentation - friends may even seek your style advice from time to time.

If you want to be different:
Have faith that your imagination and practicality will complement each other, and lead to good decisions on your part.

Take the initiative in seeking things out—don't wait for them to come to you.

You are Benevolent
- You are a great person to interact with—understanding, giving, and trusting—in a word, BENEVOLENT
- You don't mind being in social situations, as you feel comfortable enough with people to be yourself.
- Your caring nature goes beyond a basic concern: you take the time to understand the nuances of people's situations before passing any sort of judgment.
- You're a good listener, and even better at offering advice.
- You're concerned with others at both an individual and societal level—you sympathize with the plights of troubled groups, and you can care about people you've never met.
- Considering many different perspectives is something at which you excel, and you appreciate that quality in others.
- Other people's feelings are important to you, and you're good at mediating disputes.
- Because of your understanding and patience, you tend to bring out the best in people.

You spend a lot of time taking care of others, but don't forget to take care of yourself!

Sometimes you can get overcommitted, and when you sacrifice spending time with those close to you, it can make them feel unimportant.

I'm sometimes shocked at how well these seem to fit. The ones that are really specific and not like, mystical sounding. These are things that I often adhere to.

So yeah, let's compare and talk about the results.

http://www.personaldna.com/

Cascade likes this

Posted

Is this the thing with the color bars? I think Cascade or Cirt made this thread a bit ago.

Posted

well...

I can't find it...

APPEND: Both their topic histories didn't come up with it ya.

Though there was that one personality test that came up with four letter combinations. That thread was made awhile back.

Posted

I retook the test because why not it's a p. fun test. I am now a considerate artist. 

you are an artist

-Your appreciation of beauty, ability to think abstractly, and innovativeness make you an ARTIST.
-Never one to be tied to a particular way of doing things, you let your imagination guide you in discovering different possibilities.
-You would rather seek out new experiences than stick to your everyday habits, taking in as much of the world as possible.
-Your eye for beauty and your willingness to consider different perspectives make your creative efforts interesting—even though you may not realize this yourself.
-You prefer to think about things before voicing your opinion, considering a wide, diverse range of options.
-While there are forms and styles that you prefer, you tend to keep an open mind when it comes to your artistic preferences.
-You are curious about things, interested in the "why" more than the “how.”
-You have an active imagination that leads you express yourself in a distinct way.
-You are not a harsh or abrasive person, and you tend to let others take the lead
-You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.
-You have a strong sense of style and value your personal presentation - friends may even seek your style advice from time to time.

-Be more open to risks in your creative efforts, and don't be quick to dismiss the praise of others.
-Think about how attention to detail may help you be more sure of yourself.

you are considerate

-You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE.
-You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds.
-You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly watching others.
-Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times.
-Your belief that people are generally well-intentioned contributes to your sympathy regarding their problems.
-Although you may not vocalize it often, you have an awareness of how society affects individuals, and you understand complex causes of people's behavior.
-You like to look at all sides of a situation before making a judgment, particularly when that situation involves important things in other people's lives.
-Your close friends know you as a good listener.

-Because other people would benefit immensely from your understanding and insight, you should try to be more outgoing in social situations, even when they make you uncomfortable. Others will want to hear what you have to say!

dnaresults.png

Signature has been updated to reflect my new (I'd say more accurate) results. Thank you Teto for the image! :3c Looks so niceeee

It was probably Cirt who made the first post/thread/whatever about this test, I stole the idea to put it in my signature from her so lol, yeah. but maybe she stole the idea from Silver's post there. And he previously had stolen it from another source. It goes on and on... ;x

edit: added my glossary of traits. absolutely no masculinity. just how it should be. <:

Posted

Didn't know you were so artsy-inclined, though I know you pay attention to your fashion sense. And jeez, I think the tightly-knit part goes for a lot of our forum. Don't contribute to clique-iness!! I think the silent-observation and slow judging thing really suit you though. I think it's kind of weird, scary, but reassuring how accurate these can be.

Also, I searched and looked through everyone's topic history; as far as I know there isn't a thread yet.

Cascade likes this

Posted

If only I actually had any artistic talents to go along with all these claims!!!

The benevolent characteristics definitely describe you well I'd say. more so than my previous results did for me. "- Considering many different perspectives is something at which you excel, and you appreciate that quality in others." definitely stands out in my mind about you, to be honest. I dunno. It's hard to explain :x Same with the experiencer characteristics. You've always struck me as that type, someone who would prefer new experiences everyday instead of a same-old routine. rambles. I AGREE WITH YOUR RESULTS ALRIGHT ;;

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

cascade u cute

*pinches cheeks*

Posted

i know ive taken this before, i could swear i was something really cool sounding.

Considerate Realist

You are a Realist

--Your attention to detail, appreciation of how things function, and awareness of the world around you make you a REALIST.

--Routines are reassuring to you—you feel safer and more at ease when sticking with familiar things.

--You like to stay close with those around you, seeking comfort from familiar faces.

--You are interested in processes—how things work, what they do, and why—not just how things look.

--Sometimes you doubt that you can find solutions to problems, although you have a good sense of why things happen, and can use that knowledge to find the best way to do something.

--You are down to earth, concerned more with practical, detail-oriented things than with dreamy or ambiguous ideas.

--You have a good sense of your abilities and weaknesses, and don't let your ego get in your way.

--Your independent streak allows you to make decisions efficiently and to trust your instincts

--You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.

--You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

--Appreciate that your skill set can be useful in many ways; your attention to detail and your familiarity with the inner-workings of things are valuable assets.

--Try looking beyond the earthly qualities of things in order to expand your perspective, without losing your grounding in reality.
how you relate to others

You are Considerate

--You trust others, care about them, and are slow to judge them, making you CONSIDERATE.

--You value your close relationships very much, and are more likely to spend time in small, tightly-knit groups of friends than in large crowds.

--You enjoy exploring the world through observation, quietly watching others.

--Relating to others so well, and understanding their emotions, leads you to trust people in general, even though you're somewhat shy and reserved at times.

--Your belief that people are generally well-intentioned contributes to your sympathy regarding their problems.

--Although you may not vocalize it often, you have an awareness of how society affects individuals, and you understand complex causes of people's behavior.

--You like to look at all sides of a situation before making a judgment, particularly when that situation involves important things in other people's lives.

--Your close friends know you as a good listener.

--Because other people would benefit immensely from your understanding and insight, you should try to be more outgoing in social situations, even when they make you uncomfortable. Others will want to hear what you have to say!

Cascade and emsomniac like this

Posted

This does sound like you Chimetals. :o The realist part particularly is kind of something I suspected about you for awhile. I like this; I feel like I'm learning more about you guys.

Posted (edited)

Respectful Analyst

you are an analyst  

• Your attention to detail, confidence, sense of order, and focus on functionality combine to make you an ANALYST.

• You are very curious about how things work, delving into the mechanics behind things.

• Along those lines, how well something works is usually more important to you than what it looks like.

• You find beauty and wonder mainly in concrete, functional, earthly things.

• You are very aware of your own abilities, and you believe that you will find the best way of doing things.

• Accordingly, problems do not intimidate you, as you believe in yourself.

• You trust yourself to find solutions within the boundaries of your knowledge.

• You don't spend a lot of time imagining how things could be different—you're well-grounded in the here-and-now.

• It is important for you to follow a routine, and you prefer the familiar to the unknown.

• You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.

• You tend to believe that things happen for a reason, and that not everything is under our control.

• Try to embrace the imaginative, creative part of your personality more often.

• Try moving beyond the things that you find comfortable—open yourself up to a broader range of experiences.

how you relate to others you are respectful  

• Your reserved nature, understanding of the world, and faith in others make you RESPECTFUL.

• You trust those around you to do the right thing, so you tend not to get involved in other people's affairs.

• You have fewer friendships than some, but the relationships you do have are very meaningful and important to you.

• Your careful and practical observation of your environment has led you to understand that others' situations can be very complex.

• Because of this, you are slow to pass judgments on others, even if sometimes you can't see what it is about certain things that upsets them.

• You tend to enjoy the world through ideas and reflection, which allows you to get a lot out of the time you spend alone.

• Your friends would describe you as laid-back and easy-going.

• As someone who is calm and centered, you aren't likely to rush into things—this patience allows you to see many different perspectives and options.

• Try letting your insight into the world and trust of others allow you to understand the feelings of those around you.

• While you know how much can be learned from observing your world, remember that much of life can be lived by experiencing it, not just understanding it.

Edited by Prince Nabooboo (see edit history)
Agencereurich, Sahaqiel and Cascade like this

Posted

Generous Idealist

You are an Idealist

- As an IDEALIST, you are distinctive for your integration of confidence, imagination, willingness to explore, and desire for competence over style.

- You have a strong capacity to comprehend the inner workings of things, finding new ideas and innovative insights to feed your curious nature.

- You are quite comfortable in the realm of abstract thought. You don't need a practical solution to every one of life's questions.

- You are comfortable with the decisions you make in life. You don't need to second-guess yourself, or seek a lot of opinions before you make up your mind.

- You enjoy the routines that you have created in your life, and don't feel the need to shake things up just for the sake of change.

- You generally succeed at what you do, and others would describe you as successful.

- It is important to you that products be efficient – looking good has to come second to working well.

- You aren't the kind of person who needs to collect stylish items in an attempt to create an attractive environment – you know that what matters most is function, not style.

- You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.

- You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

- You tend to believe that things happen for a reason, and that not everything is under our control.

- You take time to explore your own thoughts and ideas, but this experience would only be heightened if you opened yourself up even more to others' ideas.

- Your faith in yourself and your lifestyle is well-founded, but the occasional foray into the unknown might broaden your perspective and help you see things differently.

You are Generous

- Your awareness of those around you, along with your nuanced perceptions of the world at large, makes you the GENEROUS person that you are.

- You value time to yourself and understand how rich your private world can be—you know that you don't have to go wild to have a good time.

- You are excited and energized by ideas and often enjoy things more through observation than through experience.

- This tendency gives you an appreciation for different perspectives and opinions about the world.

- Being as aware of others as you are doesn't mean you find it easy to trust them immediately—this is something that happens more slowly for you.

- Despite this, you are aware of the complexities of many situations and are reluctant to pass judgments on others.

- Although you have fewer friendships than some people, those that you have are meaningful and are important to you.

- You value spending time alone—it is while reflecting on the world around you that you often learn something new about yourself or begin to understand something that's been bothering you.

- Given how attuned you are to others' thoughts and feelings, you might find that trusting people more is a way to broaden your perspective even further.

- While you know how much can be learned from observing the world around you, remember that much of life can be lived by experiencing it, not just by understanding it.

Sahaqiel and Cascade like this

Posted (edited)

I don't really feel like the inventor part fits me very well, and I'm pretty sure it's the exact same as last time

I'm an Advocating Inventor

You are an Inventor

• -Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR.

• -You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done.

• -The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.

• -Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work.

• -Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps.

• -Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects.

• -It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine.

• -Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics.

• -You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you.

• -You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.

• -You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

• -Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.

-Try applying your creativity to more artistic arenas, and letting your imagination take less practical forms.

You are Advocating

-Being social, empathic, and understanding makes you ADVOCATING.
-Some people find being around others exhausting—but not you! You are energized by spending time with friends, and you are good at meeting new people.
-One of the reasons you enjoy conversation as much as you do is that you often learn about yourself while talking things out with a friend; you realize things about your own beliefs while discussing them with others.
-You have insight into what others are thinking and feeling. This ability allows you to be happy for others, and to commiserate when something has gone wrong for them.
-You are highly compassionate, and being conscious of how things affect those close to you leaves you cautious about trusting others too hastily.
-Despite these reservations, you are open-minded when it comes to your worldview; you don't look to impose your ways on others.
-Your sensitivity towards others' plights contributes to an understanding—both intellectual and emotional—of many different perspectives.
-As someone who understands the complexities of the world around you, you are reluctant to pass judgments.

-While it's important to think about others, don't forget to take some time for yourself, and occassionally to put yourself first.

-Take some time to spend with a few close friends; although it's difficult to find people to trust, it's worth the effort.

-When you have great ideas, it can be hard to relinquish control, but it can also feel good to take the pressure off and enjoy someone else leading the way.

PDNA_Chart.png

Edited by Dark_One (see edit history)
Cascade likes this

Posted

A Fucking Grizzly Bear

You are a Fucking Grizzly Bear
- Your furry hide, sharp claws and teeth, keen sense of smell, urge to hibernate, and sheer size make you a FUCKING GRIZZLY BEAR.
- Although you weigh a fuckton, you can also run stupidly fast
- You are willing to go scavenging for honey and berries and shit
- God Damn are campers delicious
- Did someone just look at your cubs
- Fuck em up
- You might have friends in the circus and that fact makes you cry
- A moose tried to fuck with you once
- once

Why would you ever want that.

emsomniac, Dark_One and Linox like this

Posted

I bet pheo got like, "Kawaii Cuddlybear" and is just hiding it in shame.

LL:

Yeah, it's unfair with the creativity thing; these really kind of show some specific traits as seen on paper. I think the leader part is a bit weird too since you seem to be pretty chill about going with the flow of things. And what's with this spontaneity rating? Does it not know about Taco Bell??

Nab:

you are an analyst  

- Your attention to detail, confidence, sense of order, and focus on functionality combine to make you an ANALYST.
- You are very curious about how things work, delving into the mechanics behind things.
- Along those lines, how well something works is usually more important to you than what it looks like.
- You find beauty and wonder mainly in concrete, functional, earthly things.
- You are very aware of your own abilities, and you believe that you will find the best way of doing things.
- Accordingly, problems do not intimidate you, as you believe in yourself.
- You trust yourself to find solutions within the boundaries of your knowledge.
- You don't spend a lot of time imagining how things could be different—you're well-grounded in the here-and-now.
- It is important for you to follow a routine, and you prefer the familiar to the unknown.
- You tend to do things on the spur of the moment, not sticking to a set schedule.
- You tend to believe that things happen for a reason, and that not everything is under our control.

- Try to embrace the imaginative, creative part of your personality more often.
- Try moving beyond the things that you find comfortable—open yourself up to a broader range of experiences.

you are respectful

- Your reserved nature, understanding of the world, and faith in others make you RESPECTFUL.
- You trust those around you to do the right thing, so you tend not to get involved in other people's affairs.
- You have fewer friendships than some, but the relationships you do have are very meaningful and important to you.
- Your careful and practical observation of your environment has led you to understand that others' situations can be very complex.
- Because of this, you are slow to pass judgments on others, even if sometimes you can't see what it is about certain things that upsets them.
- You tend to enjoy the world through ideas and reflection, which allows you to get a lot out of the time you spend alone.
- Your friends would describe you as laid-back and easy-going.
- As someone who is calm and centered, you aren't likely to rush into things—this patience allows you to see many different perspectives and options.

- Try letting your insight into the world and trust of others allow you to understand the feelings of those around you.
- While you know how much can be learned from observing your world, remember that much of life can be lived by experiencing it, not just understanding it.

This really fits my idea of you mostly, except some of the "if you want to be different parts". I know it doesn't mean you're incapable of these things, so it's probably a literal frequency thing? I've seen you plenty creative, though maybe you do get stuck in comfort zones? Otherwise I think it's p. cool. I like the adjectives this thing uses; they all sound so grand.

Linox:

You are an Idealist

- As an IDEALIST, you are distinctive for your integration of confidence, imagination, willingness to explore, and desire for competence over style.

- You have a strong capacity to comprehend the inner workings of things, finding new ideas and innovative insights to feed your curious nature.

- You are quite comfortable in the realm of abstract thought. You don't need a practical solution to every one of life's questions.

- You are comfortable with the decisions you make in life. You don't need to second-guess yourself, or seek a lot of opinions before you make up your mind.

- You enjoy the routines that you have created in your life, and don't feel the need to shake things up just for the sake of change.

- You generally succeed at what you do, and others would describe you as successful.

- It is important to you that products be efficient – looking good has to come second to working well.

- You aren't the kind of person who needs to collect stylish items in an attempt to create an attractive environment – you know that what matters most is function, not style.

- You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.

- You do your own thing when it comes to clothing, guided more by practical concerns than by other people's notions of style.

- You tend to believe that things happen for a reason, and that not everything is under our control.

- You take time to explore your own thoughts and ideas, but this experience would only be heightened if you opened yourself up even more to others' ideas.

- Your faith in yourself and your lifestyle is well-founded, but the occasional foray into the unknown might broaden your perspective and help you see things differently.

You are Generous

- Your awareness of those around you, along with your nuanced perceptions of the world at large, makes you the GENEROUS person that you are.

- You value time to yourself and understand how rich your private world can be—you know that you don't have to go wild to have a good time.

- You are excited and energized by ideas and often enjoy things more through observation than through experience.

- This tendency gives you an appreciation for different perspectives and opinions about the world.

- Being as aware of others as you are doesn't mean you find it easy to trust them immediately—this is something that happens more slowly for you.

- Despite this, you are aware of the complexities of many situations and are reluctant to pass judgments on others.

- Although you have fewer friendships than some people, those that you have are meaningful and are important to you.

- You value spending time alone—it is while reflecting on the world around you that you often learn something new about yourself or begin to understand something that's been bothering you.

- Given how attuned you are to others' thoughts and feelings, you might find that trusting people more is a way to broaden your perspective even further.

- While you know how much can be learned from observing the world around you, remember that much of life can be lived by experiencing it, not just by understanding it.

I know next to nothing about you, Linox, lol. But you sound pretty cool, and I'm glad you're more active lately.

Dark_One:

Same with you, Dark_One. I haven't really talked to you in awhile since you left chat and went away from the forums for awhile. But you sound p. cool too. Rather than what you actively do, it's probably interpreting something you might not have known about yourself? Far be it for me to tell you to trust a web quiz to determine something important about you, but it might be fun to take its advice sometime.

Posted

I prefer reading birth charts for personal insight- they're pretty spot on.