Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help Necropolis beat a Zelda game

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello fellow compatriots, allow me, if you will, to explain the purpose of this thread. Your favorite skeleton made a purchase a while back relating to the subject of this board, the 3ds Ocarina of time. I've put it off for a time but i've decided to start it. The only Zelda game i've played to completion is Phantom Hourglass. Was never a huge zelda guy growing up so here I am now.

The purpose of this thread is more than just a walkthrough section, i'd like to think of it as a group excercise, as well as a challenge. For instance I may say something incredibly vague like "What do I do with X" Anyways thats my basic idea for this if anyone has any others feel free to suggest away.

Agencereurich likes this

Posted

I can't think of anything to say other than "Good luck!"

Posted

Step 0: If there is a game already in the console, remove it through the standard means

Step 1: Insert Ocarina of Time 3DS into the console

Step 2: Turn the system on; if the batteries are low or dead, charge the console via the charger cable that comes with the system

Ganny, PrimaGaga and Chimetals like this

Posted

Make sure you get a couple things before you pull out that Master Sword and become an adult for the first time:

-Epona's Song

-Sun's Song

-Din's Fire

-Both wallet upgrades (basically kill 30 gold skultullas)

-at least 8 heart containers in your life energy bar (that's 8 pieces of heart since you'll get the other 6 containers through dungeons/right off the bat)

if you get all this stuff you will be saved from being under-equipped for the Forest Temple, which I find daunting for OOT at times.

Posted

Yeah, don't forget to keep your sound on to hear the shuffling noise that golden Skulltulas make. If you hear it, there is certainly one in the room with you; just look around.

If you're feeling stumped on any puzzles, take Eka's (?) advice and look up, not just around. Like on ceilings and stuff.

Posted

Thanks guys. I'll yell if I got any questions.

Posted

bottom line of zelda games, imo:

look around.

seriously. explore the hell out of things, even if its obvious youre not supposed to be in that section yet, because if its a managable obstacle, it makes for a great challenge (im looking at you, oracle of seasons. your three hole pit chain sure as hell didnt stop me with my pegasus seeds, rocs feather, and pure, unbridled determination.)

then again, im something of a masochist in LoZ. i did the squiggly boomerang maze thing in the heros cave of seasons by actually squiggling my boomerang through it. and then t1g told me that

you can actually toss the boomerang elsewhere in the room, walk around the maze so that the switch is between you and your 'rang, and then use the return path to hit the switch with no effort at all

magic boomerangs controlled with the D-pad are pure pain for that kind of stunt.

Cirt likes this

Posted

I'm gonna puppy some chickens up

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

YOLO

Posted

This is a sneaking mission Link

Posted

bottom line of zelda games, imo:

seriously. explore the hell out of things, even if its obvious youre not supposed to be in that section yet, because if its a managable obstacle, it makes for a great challenge (im looking at you, oracle of seasons. your three hole pit chain sure as hell didnt stop me with my pegasus seeds, rocs feather, and pure, unbridled determination.)

then again, im something of a masochist in LoZ. i did the squiggly boomerang maze thing in the heros cave of seasons by actually squiggling my boomerang through it. and then t1g told me that

this is my exact experience in oracle of seasons lol

but yeah, seriously you should be pretty okay. OoT, like the game itself, will guide you enough to get through the entire plot of the game. the extra stuff that comes from exploring would be heart pieces, golden skulltulas, and like ice arrows I think? 

• you will have the easiest time with the fire temple (imo it's extremely sequential)
  • you will have the hardest time in probably the forest or water temple
  • don't forget to go fishing
  • make friends with scarecrows
  • hop into some graves/tombs
  • when you're an adult, it's pretty safe to say that everything you explored as a kid will need to be revisited (except the actual child dungeons)

Posted

Actually, even the child dungeons you can enter; Dodongo's cavern has two gold skultullas that are only accessible with the scarecrow's song and hookshot.

Posted

t1g got all huffy at me for it, but getting a guide for the gold skulletas is a pretty safe move. i mean, i dont go "WHERE IS THE NEXT ONE", and if im in an area, and hear skuttling, i can find em p easily on my own, and then i just cross em off. but some are kainda ridiculous, and when youre thiiiiiiiiiiis close to the upgraded whatever, the guide is nice.

but like i said, i explore the hell out of everything, so i come across most of the skulletas on my own.

This is a sneaking mission Link

BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

idk if its a thing in OoT, but i know if you wait for night in MM, the guards and such have a little dotted line in front of them, so you can see their field of vision. also makes you appreciate how in ST and PH and such, you werent "caught" until they physically came up and caught you. you also had safe zones in that, though.

Posted

Anybody know, lorewise where Saria learned Saria's song?

Posted

she made it and named it after herself I would assume