Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda II FPS

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, fairly new to Hyrule.NET forums but I've been lurking a while and finally decided to post.

I'm not sure if this is a doublepost or not, I searched around but couldn't find anything on this and thought some of you might appreciate seeing it.

I'm a game developer myself, so I've got a huge respect for fanmade creations. Someone took the trouble to put a chunk of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link into the Unity engine and post it on his web blog. Basically you play as a first person version of Link, in a mostly true-to-the-original replication of the game back on the NES. I grew up with the game, so it was neat to see.

http://3dnes.blogspot.ca/2010/05/game-info.html is the link. It has some issues (the camera is way too jerky in my opinion) but for the most part it's fun to mess around in.

Again, sorry if it's a double post.

Enjoy!

DS

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Oh man i remember this. It's so old! Haha brings back memories. Memories of playing it for 2 mins, getting bored and then never touching it again until this moment. Lol but welcome to the forum.

Posted

It is a bit old (2010) but still neat to come across nonetheless, and to encourage. And thanks!

Posted

You seem like a friendly new member. Welcome!

Posted

Man, I tried to beat this back when it came out, but it was a bit grueling. Pretty cool first-person interpretation of Zelda II though. I got decently far, but the random battle sequences were kind of brutal.