Minority Rule II

83 posts in this topic

Posted

The second game of Minority Rule. With this, the scoring system will come into effect. After the results of the first game, the scores stand at:

OtNVkLf.png

Each of the players are worth 10 points from the start of the game. At the end of game, when one or two winners are left, the worth of all the players is pooled. The worth of the winners is awarded to the host, and the worth of the losers is awarded to the winners.

In the case of the first game, there were 8 participants, and two winners. The winners' worth was 20, and so I inherited that wealth. The worth of the losers was 60, and so that was split equally between the winners. The scoring was put into this game as incentive for those in debt to replay the game, and also for people to host, in order to pay off their debt.

The other numbers, (X/Y) are points to keep track of people's stats when it comes to participating in the game. For example, I have 0 participating points, but 1 hosting point. All of you who participated in the last game have 1 participating point and 0 hosting points. Again, I just made this up so we could keep track of things like that.
______

Here is a description of the round which you can read if you like, but I'll put in the relevant information into this post.

The Rules:
  • First a random player is chosen to ask any question as long is the answer is either "yes" or "no."
  • Players then vote for either "yes" or "no."
  • To vote, players will send a PM to the host saying "yes" or "no". You may change this vote whenever you like, by notifying the host, but not after the time limit for the stage has been met.
  • Players don't have to vote honestly.
  • Players are given 48 hours to vote and can vote at any time during the period. Players who don't vote within the time limit are eliminated.
  • The answer with the most votes is declared the majority and anyone who voted for that answer is eliminated.
  • If the votes are split in half exactly then the players will vote again.

Game Outline:

• At the start of the stage, a player is selected by the host to pose a question to the other players.
  • By the end of the stage, each player must give their response, of either "yes" or "no". 
  • At the end of the stage, the votes will be tallied, and those who voted in the majority are eliminated.
  • The game continues until there are either one or two winners.

______

If there are any questions or suggestions, please do offer them. I'm still not totally certain that all of this is very well put together, and could probably use tweaking. But I'll need your input for that, because I'm not really sure how to go about making sure it's all balanced, or the right ways to set up rules of a game.

Sign-ups will last for as long as I decide. I wont put a cap on the number of players, but I'll only start once momentum of joining people has slowed to a near halt, and the number of players is satisfactory. I'll play it by ear, so I can't really detail that.

And they start now!

1. Phanta
  2. Chimetals (Nowaki)
  3. Necropolis
  4. emsomniac
  5. Sahaqiel
  6. Cascade
  7. Knuckle
  8. Skridovaste
  9. Silver Moon
  10. Linox

______

Game Log

• Stage 1 [10/10] "Is dubstep a disgrace to music?" - Emsomniac Fukunaga
    START // END
  • Stage 2 [04/10] "Do you forfeit the game?" - Sahaqiel Akiyama
    START // END

Posted

im in, obvs

Posted

innnnnnnnn

Posted

I'll go for it this time around.

Posted

count me in

Posted

I'll play as well.

Posted

oooooh, me too!

Posted

I'll play again

Posted

puppy you all for pressuring me in to this

Ignoring the fact that you did absolutely nothing of course

Posted

That's already more players than last time.

Will keep this open for longer still though.

Posted

I'll join this time.

Posted

when is this gonna start, Teto?

Posted

The sign up period has ended. A player will be selected to pose a question to the group to start the day.

Emsomniac. Could you please offer a Yes or No question to the players?

Posted

Is dubstep a disgrace to music?