Minority Rule II

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, I kainda wasn't expecting the majority to vote in the same manner they did last time, but I guess I was right this time

Posted

the majority voted in the same manner they did last time

and now i know how to win next time.

i just gotta not vote with everyone else

Posted

I started thinking really hard about how to screw up a 4-players-left situation in a gamebreaking way, but ties are just done over, and if there are two players left, they both win. I thought about it a bunch and then forgot the thread existed lol. I thought that maybe it was a cooperation thing, but there's no guaranteed cooperation, so the only option left I think is something to do with just not voting and dropping out of the game.

also I spent the most effort in displaying the fact that music is really subjective and none of it is particularly disgraceful [which I enjoyed] and then voted no fufufufufufu...

Posted

The way to puppy up a four player game is to reveal your vote to everyone else. From their point of view at that point they all think "Well now if I vote the same as them, I wont win! And if I vote the opposite, everybody else will too, because they know they wont win if they vote the same as him too!" And so if everyone else cooperated to lead it to a tie, the game would continue on indefinitely as long as at least one player revealed their vote at the start of each new round. That, and everybody is motivated to be the sole winner, and not strike a bargain with other people to split their winnings at the end of the game.

Thing is, you can't really prove beyond a shadow of doubt that you definitely voted for something. I'd allow you to copy and paste the PM you sent, but that could be fabricated for all everyone else knows.

But yes, this will not be allowed. I didn't think anybody would guess it (because literally no real person is clever enough to play the Liar Game), but it's really clever, and I wanted to share it with you.

______

But anyway, on we go.

In order to decide who will be asking the question this round, I will assign each of you a suit from a deck of cards.

Necropolis is Hearts

emsomniac is Diamonds

Sahaqiel is Spades

Knuckle is Clubs

I shuffled the cards and turned them so the backs of the cards faced up towards me. I drew the card from the top of the deck, and quickly flipped it over to reveal... The 3 of Spades!!

With this result, we will have our question given to us, again, by...

Sahaqiel Akiyama!

Now Sahaqiel, could you please pose a question for you and your fellow players?

The stage can begin as soon as the question is asked.

Posted

Tch. Such a petty thing we're playing; this money is just a bunch of paper. I say we don't need any of it.

I swagger to the front of the room, and pull off my jacket, swinging it over my shoulder

Here's a good question for those of you who would get worked up over such a trivial spectacle:

Do you forfeit the game?

Chimetals and Linox like this

Posted

There you have it! Our question for the next 48 hours is:

"Do you forfeit the game?" - Sahaqiel Akiyama

This round will end in 48 hours, at 12:30am GMT, or 7:30pm EST. In the event that I am not awake at this time on Friday night, then it will be extended until the morning or afternoon, so possibly for another 12 hours after this time. I will try to end on schedule however. Even if I receive all votes by this time, I will continue until the deadline is met, or, if I need to go to bed, I will end it a few hours short of the deadline.

Good luck.

Posted

I mean, as I see it, the content of the question doesn't matter at all. The only thing that matters is predicting how most people will think of the question and voting the opposite.

I sort of want to talk about this question but there really isn't much to say that would be beneficial to my results.

Posted

I think saying yes would be a pretty good indication that you losers are just quitting. I'm going to vote no and blow you all away.

Posted

Do I forfeit the game. An interesting strategy. But can it match my rock paper scissors technique?

Posted

I mean, as I see it, the content of the question doesn't matter at all. The only thing that matters is predicting how most people will think of the question and voting the opposite.

Pretty much.

iVvLNqj.png

(question 2 from the actual manga)

Posted

Do I forfeit the game. An interesting strategy. But can it match my rock paper scissors technique?

i forgot to bring this up before, but it bothered me: RPS has three options, this game has two. how does that even work

Posted

If I told you it wouldn't work anymore. Though I guess I could pm it to you.

Posted

i almost wanna leave it as a mystical arte that only skeletons know, but at the same time, im so freaking curious.

Posted

My bad I kinda spaced there.

Posted

Whoops