Adventure Time Werewolf

326 posts in this topic

Posted

Dang. Knew I should have killed Linox last night. But then LL and Phanta would have killed me so I suppose this is the best I could do.

Also can I now point out what I thought was my first clue that I was a wolf? The fact I sarcastically called GMP my wolf in arms. Why would I say something like that unless I knew for a fact he wasn't a wolf?

Posted

I used my cursor to hover over people's names on the bottom of the forum soon after some day results were posted. I decided to vote for Celeb Ithil (a wolf) when I saw that he was using the Personal Messager. I normally would say that this made it too serious/not fun, but it helped us lead to this dramatic and cool climax.

:) I'm a werewolf tourneyfag

Posted

The first night I was able to pick a partner who would become an independent and join me in trying to kill The Lich; I picked Silver, who'd turned out to be a wolf, and we were given a communication PM. Maybe it was shortsighted to not let me decide who to pick beforehand, but I figured that Silver hadn't been a wolf for awhile and I thought maybe I'd get to know him better by teaming up. I never asked him what his original alignment was; that might have wrecked everything, or Silver could have easily made something up, but I always harbored the vague suspicion/hope that I'd bitten a wolf. (I joked that I must be the best vampire ever for biting Silver and surviving) On one hand I was trying to figure out how to narrow down our options for who The Lich could be by voting townsmembers dead, and on the other I had Silver in a bind; if the wolves killed me, Silver would die along with me, so wolf team's best choice was to just try to keep me alive and off Teto's back. In a way, I was a wolf ally because I was concerned with "narrowing down" the options by voting for people I knew to be town, and in another I was inevitably going to kill Teto if the game persisted.

I thanked Skridovaste after night one because my secondary ability lets me spy on a transaction; I saw Skridovaste protect Phanta. Later, I saw Bulwharks jail LL. Luckily, Bulwharks was pretty chill with me subtly not-really-claiming jailer (I also made sure to word everything so that my claim was ambiguous) and he didn't mention it. After town suspicion was thrown off my back, I suspected LL very heavily for his aggressive lynch campaign and sudden turnaround when I cast suspicion on him.

The thing about my role is that if Silver or I died, the other would die the following night. So that gave me my one last shot at killing Teto; after learning Silver had been lynched when I wasn't looking, and that he was a wolf, the last piece had kind of fallen into place. I told Silver that Skridovaste was a doctor, and Skridovaste became a target and died because of it. I was thinking that the luck involved with striking him dead was a bit fishy; Silver must have informed wolf team, I thought. Silver said this to me in PM after I suggested we find a lynch candidate that is preferably town the night before he was lynched:

I'm not really very suspicious of Teto. He's only been helpful, in my opinion, so far. I'll just lie low, yeah.

It seemed kind of unprompted because I didn't suggest we lynch Teto immediately before that response, and it didn't seem like he was saying we should lynch Teto because of his helpfulness, but rather keep him alive, even though I was suggesting we kill people helpful to town. Perhaps this was a slipup; perhaps Silver didn't even notice, but I immediately went into the actions PM and targeted Teto with my night kill ability. It was the first time I used it, and it would have gone through, I assume, if I weren't tortured for information. In other words, this could have been a town win, and a win for me, at least.

BUT NoOoOoO.

Posted

if only I had went with my selfish instincts and used my ability to redirect actions away from me into other players the night I died instead of protecting Phanta under the impression he was a jailer (I don't even know how I reached this conclusion hurr hurr I'm dumb as shit)

could've probably won the game for town. I was suspicious of teto from the get-go but didn't feel like I had enough evidence to snuff him out in the earlier days. And Linox is just a dick, lol. Good game, everyone (o: I enjoyed it overall!

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't have won, actually. I stayed as a wolf and didn't get the win condition.

This game was extremely stressful. I'll put it plainly: I hate being a wolf already. And honestly, even if you did want to get me know better, I really wish you hadn't picked me. Not just because I was a wolf, but because for one, I didn't really care about making better friends with pretty much anyone on the site at the time, and for another because it was just extra stress on me. Your plan backfired anyway; we didn't really become better friends at all.

Oh well. Here's to next game, eh?

EDIT: Hey, cool. 1300th post.

Edited by Celeb Ithil (see edit history)

Posted

I was so curious about Sahaqiel thanking Skridovaste because from the start of the game, I had been in a PM with Skridovaste. We were Finn and Jake.

Also, when Skridovaste died with the Enchiridion (the alignment-seering item), it ended up being passed to me at random. But I also like the believe that Skridovaste was pulling the strings from beyond the grave.

Posted

The thing about my role is that if Silver or I died, the other would die the following night. So that gave me my one last shot at killing Teto; after learning Silver had been lynched when I wasn't looking, and that he was a wolf, the last puzzle piece had kind of fallen into place. I told Silver that Skridovaste was a doctor, and Skridovaste became a target and died because of it. I was thinking that the luck involved with striking him dead was a bit fishy; Silver must have informed wolf team.

If I remember rightly I just killed Skidovaste at random actually. There wasn't any tip off that I remember. All I remember is that Silver told me Bulwarks was a jailer. Altogether I wasn't a very good wolf. You were all just worse townies.

Posted

and I am a wonderful vampire

Posted

We should play Werewolves vs Vampires.

Posted

I enjoyed subbing into this game, I had a lot of fun :)

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted (edited)

bluh

Sorry I took so long, but I did promise to post up all my stuff, so now that I have a bunch of free time I figure I should.

Roles:

Skridovaste

You are

Finn the Human and you win with Town!

Night Action:

Once each night you may protect one player from a night attack.

Additionally, you start with a special item in your possession...

The Enchiridion: Choose a player to target, and you will learn their team. After using this item, you will drop it at the end of the night and a random player will pick it up. This action happens in addition to your normal night action.

You are on a team with Jake the Dog/LL and may communicate via PM (though I must be included in the conversation).

LL

You are

Jake the Dog and you win with Town!

Night Action:

As a magical dog, you are a jack of all trades! Each night, choose one of three powers:
Block: Choose a player and you will interrupt their night action.
Redirect: Choose a player to redirect and a player to redirect into. The first target's night action will be forced to target the second.
Protect: Choose a player to protect. Anyone that attacks them will have their action nullified.

You are on a team with Finn the Human/Skridovaste and may communicate via PM (though I must be included in the conversation).

Celeb Ithil

You are

Lady Rainicorn and you would win with town, but...

Lich's Thrall:

You are a thrall under the control of The Lich and you win with Wolves. In addition to your normal powers, you two may choose one person on your team to carry out a night kill, and this replaces their normal action.

Night Action:

Choose two players to swap. Any action that would have targeted one will instead target the other and vice versa.

Teto

You are

Lumpy Space Princess and you would win with town, but...

The Lich:

Your character has been possessed by The Lich and you win with Wolves. As The Lich, you are on a team with your thrall, Lady Rainicorn/Celeb Ithil. Skilled in magic, you appear as your possessed target to seers and not as The Lich. In addition to your normal powers, you both may choose one person on your team to carry out a night kill, and this replaces their normal action.

Night Action:

Each night, choose a player to act as a shield. They will be so enchanted by your charm that they will protect you at any cost. You may use them to block any attacks on a second player or yourself. That is, if your protection target would be attacked, your shield target will be attacked instead.

Linox

You are

Peppermint Butler and you win with Town!

Night Action:

Through various shady connections, you learn a hint about a random player every night. This information could be suspicions of their team, previous night actions, or information about their character. In addition, if you die, you may make a contract with Death to revive yourself. Its a favor though, so you might have to pay it back...

When he died and revived, he turned into:

Evil Peppermint Butler (Independent)

Win Condition: Be the last player alive. You must repay Death back for the soul you took back from him.
(Do be aware that the game will still end with town win if the only people alive are town members and you.)

Night Action: Each night choose a player to kill. This action will always win out if the person you target also targets you with a kill.

I figured that this wouldn't be too overpowered because his previous passive ability wasn't all that great, and because town is usually very wary of revived players. It just so happened that he revived so late into the game that there weren't enough people left to stop him. It probably would have been better balanced if we had more players to start out with.

Phanta

You are

Cinnamon Bun and you win with Town!

Night Action:

Each night, choose one player to spy on. You will follow them throughout the night and learn their night action and any actions performed on them. You are immune to other seers' abilities, because nobody would ever suspect that a giant cinnamon roll is actually useful...

Dr. SHRUBBERY! / Ammonsa

You are

Flame Princess and you win with Town!

Night Action:

You seal a target of your choosing in a prison of magical fire for the night. Their action is blocked, and other players can target them with actions, but any attacks will be nullified.

Bulwharks

You are

The Earl of Lemongrab and you win with Town!

Night Action:

Each night you may sentence one player to the dungeon, blocking their action and any actions used on them. Additionally, once per game you may throw a player in the reconditioning chamber instead of jail and extract their power and their previous night action. This also has the effects of jailing them.

Cascade

You are

Princess Bubblegum and you win with Town!

Night Action:

Each night, choose a player to protect and a player to redirect into. Any actions targeted at the first player will be forced to target the second.

Sahaqiel

You are

Marceline, The Vampire Queen and you are Independent!

On the first night, you must do the following:

Choose one player to bite. You will then be tied to that person for the rest of the game, able to communicate with them via PM, and if either one of you dies, the other one dies the following night. Their alignment also changes to Independent and they gain your win condition. You may also use your night action on the first night.

Night Action:

You may transorm into a bat and tail one target each night, being informed of their night action. As a master vampire, you have the ability to kill one player during the game, and this replaces your normal action.

Win Condition:

These mortals don't know what they're dealing with here! You and your partner must be the first ones to get to The Lich and nightkill him, or else!

Grandmaster Phoenix

You are

The Ice King and you're Independent!

Night Action:

As a master wizard of ice magic, you have the ability to kill two players during the game.

Win Condition:

You can't have all this investigating going on when you're trying to kidnap princesses, you've got to end the game quickly! Your win condition is to be the first to nightkill The Lich.

It was a bit of a shame that GMP got lynched on day 1, because he and Sahaqiel (Marceline) were meant to race against each other because their win conditions were the same (and mutually exclusive).

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)