Adventure Time Werewolf

326 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, that was why I'm hesitant to vote this early. I also just really want everyone to post first. If this day gets a lynch built up in under four pages my eyes will fall out of my head.

Posted

don't worry, I'm totally here, so like, don't lynch me for inactivity.

Posted

Your avatar is just, i dont even...

Posted

TOM SELLECK

Posted

Hey, I'm here. Yeah, I suppose we should just lynch GMP if he doesn't turn up.

Posted

Sahaqiel, Teto, Phanta, and Linox, how do you feel about lynching GMP?

Posted

He's as good a lynch as any at the moment. GMP Anyone have something they'd like to mention? If not, I see no reason to wait on this lynch.

Posted (edited)

Current Vote Tally:

Grandmaster Phoenix: Linox, Phanta, LL

6 votes needed to reach a lynch.

At this point I'm probably just going to put the sub in for him.

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)

Posted

I almost hope he's not a wolf. Getting a wolf on the first lynch takes the fun out of games, especially relatively small ones.

Posted

Guys lets kill off GMP already gosh!

Posted

It should go without saying, but we have lots of newish people playing. So assuming GMP is a wolf and we don't get a chance to talk before he's lynched, everyone needs to look at the inactives and people who aren't voting. I am looking at Sahaqiel, Cascade, and Teto, who are normally pretty active in Werewolf games. It'd be easy for people to feign inactivity as an excuse to not vote for their wolf ally. But again, what I am saying is based on GMP luckily turning up as a wolf.

Posted

I just don't like the fact that we're potentially killing an active substitute player.

Keep in mind this is a smaller game, and that a townie getting killed is a lot more damaging than if there were more people. We don't know how many wolves there are. Say there are 3, then that means that killing a townie brings us down to 10 players. The wolves make a kill tonight, we're down to 9, and the wolves make up a third of the players. Refraining from voting until we have a good reason for killing anybody is a better plan I think. Keep in mind that if GMP ends up inactive, he'll be subbed out for someone potentially more active.

Posted (edited)

Okay, but we go through this on every first day phase. No one wants to lynch anyone and no one is going to reveal anything about themselves that would give the town a reason to lynch them. In fact, the only thing that a person can really even do on the first day is vote or not vote. And you're not voting, so like I said, I am going to keep my eye on you. We already know that the first day's lynch is pretty much a shot in the dark and is really valuable. So any effort to like derail the tried-and-true Day 1 method is suspicious to me.

Append: I want to see Teto vote for GMP today. Or I would like to see everyone change their votes to Teto. Teto, you know that no information is going to present itself to us in these few hours that we have today. If you are so against voting for an inactive-yet-potentially-active player, who would you want to vote for? Wouldn't you be voting for a different inactive such as Sahaqiel, Bulwharks or Linox?

We have NINE HOURS left in today's day phase. Not voting is incredibly suspicious, especially if the reasoning is that we will have one less townie and then the wolf will make a kill in the night? That's the risk that we take every day phase. Even if we do hypothetically kill a townie, we know which townie is missing and what their role was. It is still giving us more information than if we don't do anything and let a wolf kill us. Then we'd all be making our respective shots-in-the-dark in the night phase. It's just delaying us from making a shot in the dark. It's a lame part of werewolf, but to not vote with nine hours left in the first day is lame also.

Good question. Is there anyone you have in mind for lynching yet, teto?

@Teto: Also, this quote was by Phanta yesterday (tuesday the 12th) at 4:45 PM. You didn't give any answer.

So. Shall we vote for someone or just end the day now?

In fact, this is the only thing that you've said in the thread so far (besides your post above mine). So who wants a Teto lynch? You seemed to be waiting for someone to throw out a suggestion for a lynch so that you don't have to take the first step and seem suspicious. But apparently you don't like where the voting is heading.

Edited by ∟ ∟ (see edit history)

Posted

I'll vote for GMP.

Posted

Lynching on day one is a tried and true method? This is the first I've heard of that. I thought we'd wordlessly concluded some time ago that killing random people on day one is a bad move?

GMP is the only currently inactive player who I'm uncertain on whether or not he'll return. The other three you mentioned are fine, since they've acknowledged the game is going on, and/or have a past of remaining active in the game. I'm talking about inactivity lynches in the sense that they're not going to be any help to us because they're not participating in the game, not the kind of inactivity that suggests they're laying low to avoid suspicion. So GMP is the only one that applies to the former to me, but there's someone waiting to take his place who could be active, so I don't really want to go killing him just now, so soon in the game.

How is not voting suspicious? Again, I guess you're talking about the whole tried and true method of killing people on day 1 being a good thing? I still don't get that, I honestly thought we all agreed that it's bad. And we do risk killing a townie every day, but at least we base it on actual reason most of the time. Day 1 kills are totally baseless when it comes down to it.

Everyone else can feel free to vote for GMP if they like, but I'm going to stick to my principles here, and not vote for a day 1 lynch. That is, unless you can explain to me why they're a supposedly established good idea, because I must have missed that meeting.

In fact, this is the only thing that you've said in the thread so far (besides your post above mine). So who wants a Teto lynch? You seemed to be waiting for someone to throw out a suggestion for a lynch so that you don't have to take the first step and seem suspicious. But apparently you don't like where the voting is heading.

I was wondering if people wanted a day lynch or not. I didn't really want one, but I just wanted the game to start moving, since it didn't seem like people had noticed it had begun, and the first like 24 hours had passed without any discussion whatsoever.

If you'll look at the time passed before my post, and see the posts made there, you'll agree someone had to say something.

Also I went and checked, not 24 hours. But might as well have been for my time zone, between 3am and 9pm on Tuesday.

And for Phanta's post, the only reason I can really give you is that I'm lethargic and unmotivated recently, waking up in the afternoon and missing all my classes, so I looked at the post and didn't really care to even continue the conversation past giving it the jump it needed to actually start.

appended: I vote for Grandmaster Phoenix, also. I normally dislike inactivity lynches and picking someone on the first day (it's always T1g or Pheo). But I am okay with a Grandmaster Phoenix lynch, unless someone can tell me why it's a bad idea?

Also, what's this all about if you think killing on the first day is such a bad idea?