Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda Oracle Games Heading to 3DS "Before Summer"

11 posts in this topic

Posted

While 3DS owners in Japan are already enjoying the digital release of Game Boy Color titles The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, it won't be long before they make their way to North America.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/12/zelda-oracle-games-heading-to-3ds-before-summer

oracle-zelda-games1.jpg

are you guys excited to re-experience these adventurers? And how many of you have missed the chance to play them the first time around? Personally, I can't wait. I played Seasons before Ages originally, but I'm not sure which order I'll play this time.

Posted

I thought this was a post saying they were remaking them. This is still cool, at least now the newer generations can experience the exploration of these two games and share codes and stuff. You can even trade rings and stuff through codes.

I remember when I got stuck at the Goron dance in Ages and thought I would never be able to beat the game. I even restarted the game and got back up to it and still couldn't beat it. I had a guidebook that showed me all these awesome things I'd never be able to experience. This was possibly the worst moment of my life.

Then I figured out how to dance with the Gorons. Probably the greatest day of my life.

Posted

Haha the dance sequences in each game werent too difficult for me, but yeah I think goron might have been the harder of the two.

Posted

What the derp Nintendo? What about Majora's Mask for 3DS?

Posted

this is really just a port. I doubt it took away from any development that MM 3DS may have.

Posted

im so excited for this too. i mean, i could literally go home, blow the dust off my gbasp, and play the originals, but this is still cool. not to mention, after babysitting two kids that thought pokemon ranger, adventure dungeon or w/e and troze were "typical pokemon games" (i immediately threw firered and leafgreen at them), having the classics come out and be available to the new kids on the blocks lets me sleep better at night.

Posted

I'm playing through OoA and now this is another reason to consider a 3DS

PrimaGaga and Michael like this

Posted

I thought this was a post saying they were remaking them. 

Some asshole at Gamestop told me the same thing. Came to find out it was just a port.

That would actually be kinda awesome if a remake was done for both titles. Or better yet that and make the missing Mystical Seed game.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I'd much rather have full updated remakes of the actual Oracle games rather making the potential 3rd game. Unless they made all three together. If they did update it, It'd be neat to see more trading functions and such. Like maybe even a co-op mode where your Link travels to an alternate world (your friend's game). I know this may sound preposterous, but if it could be done, I think it'd work best in a dual game setting like the Oracle Series.

Posted

Unless they made all three together.

That's what I meant, yeah. But just the two originals into remakes would be enough.

I never utilized the trading/code system, it was rather complicated for me.

Posted

It's super easy. You beat one game, it give you a code, then you put the code into the starting screen when you start a new game on the other game.

Like-

1- Play Seasons and beat it

2- retrieve the code from the end game screen or whatever

3- Start Ages

4- Put the code into the start screen

5- beat Ages and enjoy the extra end game content

(or course you can always play Ages first)